Beez celebrates with fans at London Expo!

beez_andrew

Great Teacher
Hey all :)! Figured anyone attending London Expo would be interested to hear what's going on with us there. There's definitely a lot of cheap DVDs that will be of interest to fans, most single DVDs for £5 as well as the first volumes of Gurren Lagann!

If you have any questions or requests then fire away!

Press release below for everyone's reference:

Beez Entertainment is proud to celebrate our upcoming shift to a new release model of 3 part releases for series instead of individual DVDs with fans at London Expo in May. For a limited time only we will be clearing out as much old stock as we can over the weekend. So we're inviting fans to join in for some amazing offers that make many of your favourite anime series affordable during the recession!

We're going to be selling the following single DVDs for the low price of £5 a volume at the event (with special deals on top of that!):

- .hack//SIGN
- .hack//Legend of the Twilight
- Crest of the Stars
- Eureka Seven
- Fantastic Children
- Gundam Seed
- Gundam Seed Destiny
- Gundam Movies 1-3
- Gundam F91, 0083 etc
- My Hime
- Panda-Z
- Patlabor the Movie
- Patlabor 2 the Movie
- Planetes
- s-CRY-ed
- Stratos 4
- Witch Hunter Robin
- Yukikaze

All other single DVDs will be £10 maximum, expect boxsets to be at prices as low as 1 for £15 and 2 for £25 as well. If you ever wanted Beez products at through the floor prices here's your chance!

We’re not just clearing old stuff out. All going well in the world of cross-channel shipping we’ll also have Volume 1 of Gurren Lagann both in regular and limited editions at the event fresh off the production line! We have 250 A3 Gurren Lagann posters to give away to people making purchases of over £30 or who buy Gurren Lagann Volume 1 at London Expo, so best come early...

There will also be new title announcements as well as details about our forthcoming releases such as Gundam 00, Gurren Lagann and Sword of the Stranger too, so watch this space.

I'll look forward to seeing everyone at Expo!

I'd love to go and pick up TTGL there, and one of those posters would be nice too, but annoyingly the problem is getting down to london and back(from Edinburgh). It'd be great to actually speak to you as well about upcoming releases and such(and to talk to another scot on the matter, of course ;p), but unless i find a super cheap way to get back and forth, i can't go =/ You couldn't drive me down or something could you? ;p

Tip: If you're going to use a poster to try to get people to spend more money, don't include an emo ten year old and bare-chested man. Yoko and only Yoko should be on the poster - sex sells, and I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest that more people are interested in 14 (rly) year old girls if it's a contest between an emo ten year old, a bare-chested man and her.

Why not blow-up and use this instead?

NSFW

Pass it under your stand, using the poster you're currently planning to give away as cover.

As for the pricing, �5 per volume is cheap for Beez when volumes sell for around �13 each and rarely ever drop in price. Most impressive.

Aion said:
Tip: If you're going to use a poster to try to get people to spend more money, don't include an emo ten year old and bare-chested man. Yoko and only Yoko should be on the poster - sex sells, and I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest that more people are interested in 14 (rly) year old girls if it's a contest between an emo ten year old, a bare-chested man and her.

Nia disagrees

534101413_a531eceb4a.jpg

Aion said:

It's more of a bonus than an incentive :). Otherwise of course sex sells - but it all depends on what artwork you have for a poster that is unique. I've just prepared some art cards to go with the release at a TBD retailer that has an all Yoko-card double sides you'll be glad to hear based on that...

Mm nice news Andrew. Not sure if we're coming this time but if we do (we live near enough to be lazy about deciding) we'll definitely pop by. Some of those bargain bin titles you've listed will interest my other half.

And as nice as Yoko's shapely buttocks are, I can't complain at the inclusion of Kamina. Equal opportunity fanservice is the best. There's even the mech itself for those of that persuasion :)

R

Huzzah for more anime becoming obtainable upon the exchange of lesser sums of currency!

Are those Gundam films any good? I'll be a headless chicken when I go to the Expo, so I don't know what (if anything) I ought to be buying.

i am gonna defo be going to the expo this time!
interested in picking up Gurren Lagan LE and if i see any boxsets on the cheap!

-EDIT-

oops almost forgot to ask.
Hey Andrew, i was wondering do you know which boxsets you will be stocking on for sale at the expo? because from my experience i know that almost most of the Beez boxsets (e.g. cowboy bebop, wolf's rain, planetes etc...) are no longer available or extreamly hard to come by be it at retail or online stores.
just wondering...

Score! Well, I'll be going so I'll see what I can pick up. Those Gurren Lagan DVD's tempt me, especially since I haven't bothered watching it at all...

Zin5ki said:
Are those Gundam films any good? I'll be a headless chicken when I go to the Expo, so I don't know what (if anything) I ought to be buying.

The trilogy of compilation movies for the original series are a bit dated, as you might expect, but reasonably entertaining if you like giant robots. They obviously have quite a lot of historical interest, and I think they're better than the television series (compiled into a movie trilogy, the plot has much more drive to it).

F91 is a disaster, because of its troubled production. On the other hand, it has some really nice animation, a decent musical score (which might quote the Star Wars score a few too many times) and the best Mobile Suit footstep noises in the franchise. Only worth it for completists, if you ask me.

I haven't seen the 0083 compilation movie. It doesn't have a good reputation.

--

Anyway, this is good news and I might find the time to drop by. I've heard good things about the Patlabor movies.

Can't wait to grab myself a copy of Gurren Lagann 1.

I remember when Beez had the first Haruhi volume advertised as on sale early at Expo and turned up with the next three volumes for sale as well, months before they hit stores over here. Amazing.

Don't suppose there's any chance of anything like that with Gurren Lagann, is there?

IKnight said:
Anyway, this is good news and I might find the time to drop by. I've heard good things about the Patlabor movies.
They're certainly worth it, especially if you dote on urban environments as much as I do. Many people prefer the second one, but I myself consider the original to be one of Oshii's very best works.

No anime fan should be without the Patlabor movies. Unless they have really, really bad taste, in which case they'd be excused. First one's my favourite, too, but the second is one of the most amazing looking animated films I've ever seen. They're not really action films, though, and the second in particular might fail to hold the interest of those with a short attention span.

ilmaestro said:
When is this thing? ^^;

May 23rd - 24th.

I really want to go there now, and my classmate should be getting it ready. But so far, they are willing to go, but can't put in the bloody effort -_- Lazy twats

How much gurren lagann limited edition gonna be?

and do any of those volumes have box sets?
like eureka 7 ???? :eek:

Edit

oh and do you have all the volumes of those shows you mentioned
because if you do I can save about £30 getting eureka 7 in the individual volumes rather than the box sets same with Gundam seed

and is sword of the stranger possible be released in cinemas or is it a straight to DVD kinda thing?

Back