BBFC Passed Anime Updates

There's really nothing in there to warrant a severe classification except a little innocent fanservice.
I don't think the BBFC would consider this type of fanservice acceptable for a PG certificate.

In Australia (the release is now out of print), it was rated an M by the ACB, due to sexual references and themes (this was noted on the trailer for the show included in the Hanabee/MVM Toradora Blu-ray).

And while not officially rated, NIS America self-rated the series 13+, which, to be fair, isn't that far off from the BBFC rating it a 12.

Last edited:
I don't think the BBFC would consider this type of fanservice acceptable for a PG certificate.

In Australia (the release is now out of print), it was rated an M by the ACB, due to sexual references and themes (this was noted on the trailer for the show included in the Hanabee/MVM Toradora Blu-ray).

And while not officially rated, NIS America self-rated the series 13+, which, to be fair, isn't that far off from the BBFC rating it a 12.
I own the premium NIS release and I never even looked at the age rating, just enjoyed the show. LOL

I own the premium NIS release and I never even looked at the age rating, just enjoyed the show. LOL
Regardless of age rating, I plan on getting MVM's release later down the line. Funnily enough, I was close to importing NIS America's Standard Edition release not long ago until MVM announced Ground Control to Psychoelectric Girl as one of their upcoming releases, so I decided I'm going local for this one.

DOROHEDORO (TV Series, Episodes 1-12) [Video on Demand]

BBFC%2015_RGB.png
- "injury detail, violence"

THE RISING OF THE SHIELD HERO - SEASON ONE PART ONE [Season 1, Episodes 1-13]

Uncut - 15 and up.

DEMON LORD RETRY: THE COMPLETE SERIES [Season 1, Episodes 1-12]

Uncut - 15 and up.

I'll have to start watching Rise Of The Shield Hero which I very recently acquired and see how much racy stuff it has-from what I've seen the females are pretty much modestly attired compared to other isekai series.

BLACK CLOVER SEASON 2 PART 2 [Season 2, Episodes 64-72]

Uncut - 12 and up.

BLACK CLOVER - SEASON 2 PART 3 [Season 2, Episodes 73-83]

Uncut - 12 and up.

BLACK CLOVER SEASON 2 PART 4 [Season 2, Episodes 84-90]

Uncut - 12 and up.

BORUTO: NARUTO NEXT GENERATIONS [Season 1, Episodes 40-52]

Uncut - 15 and up.

BUNGO STRAY DOGS [Season 3, Episodes 26-37]

Uncut - 15 and up.

FAIRY TAIL - PART 5 [Season 5, Episodes 49-60]

Uncut - 12 and up.

FAIRY TAIL - PART 6 [Season 6, Episodes 61-72]

Uncut - 12 and up.

THE RISING OF THE SHIELD HERO SEASON ONE PART TWO [Episodes 14-25]

Uncut - 15 and up.

It took a while but we have some updates finally.

DOMESTIC GIRLFRIEND (TV Series, Season 1, Episodes 1-12) [Home Video]

BBFC%2018_RGB.png
- "strong sex"

FAIRY GONE (TV Series, Season 1, Episodes 1-12) [Home Video]

BBFC%2015_RGB.png
- "strong bloody violence"

HETALIA WORLD PARTY (HETALIA: THE BEAUTIFUL WORLD & HETALIA: THE WORLD TWINKLE) (TV Series, Seasons 5-6, Episodes 1-25) [Home Video]

BBFC%2012_RGB.png
- "moderate sex references, bloody images, strong language, discrimination"

HIGH SCHOOL DXD HERO (TV Series, Season 4, Episodes 0-12) [Home Video]

BBFC%2018_RGB.png
- "strong nudity (srong nudity)"

HOW HEAVY ARE THE DUMBBELLS YOU LIFT? (TV Series, Season 1, Episodes 1-12) [Home Video]

BBFC%2015_RGB.png
- "strong sex references"

JAPAN SINKS: 2020 (TV Series, Season 1, Episodes 1-10) [Video on Demand]

BBFC%2015_RGB.png
- "injury detail, sex, language, sexual images, sexual threat, emotionally intense scenes, drug misuse"

MISS KOBAYASHI'S DRAGON MAID (TV Series, Season 1, Episodes 1-13) [Home Video]

BBFC%2012_RGB.png
- "moderate sex references, language, brief bloody images"

O MAIDENS IN YOUR SAVAGE SEASON (TV Series, Season 1, Episodes 1-12) [Home Video]

BBFC%2018_RGB.png
- "child sex abuse"

PRISON SCHOOL (TV Series, Season 1, Episodes 1-12) [Home Video]

BBFC%2018_RGB.png
- "sexualised threat, strong sex references, nudity, sexualised images"

REVUE STARLIGHT (TV Series, Season 1, Episodes 1-12) [Home Video]

BBFC%20PG_RGB.png
- "mild fantasy violence"

WEATHERING WITH YOU (Film) [Home Video]

BBFC%2012_RGB.png
- "moderate violence, threat, sex references"

Probably two very silly questions from someone that knows very little about how the BBFC works:
#1 - why would Manga pay to have Prison School certified again or is that something mandatory for every release?
#2 - why does the Manga release list 12 eps instead of 13? (but has the same run time...)
20200805_193923.jpg

Probably two very silly questions from someone that knows very little about how the BBFC works:
#1 - why would Manga pay to have Prison School certified again or is that something mandatory for every release?
#2 - why does the Manga release list 12 eps instead of 13? (but has the same run time...)
View attachment 14440
I have no clue, maybe they thought it could get a lower rating lol. That means they'll likely re-rate DxD BorN (lol imagine if it goes up to an 18).

Back