BBFC edit Paranoia Agent Volume 3

DaNiMé said:
Warmaster said:
If anything Puni Puni Poemi deserved to be cut far more than this.

Puni Puni Poemy wasn't cut at all lol.

I know. I mean i love Puni Puni Poemi, i was in stitches while watching it and it still cracks me up everytime. However not cutting that but cutting PA is just Hypocracy out and out. Personally i'd rather they'd just hide in their conservative hidyhole and not bother the rest of the world.

After reading the press release (link on this thread) I still think that the reasoning is stupid and illogical but at least they have been good enough to reply.

I disagree with the law in question but in light of that announcement I'm not going to complain to the BBFC when they are just doing their jobs. As far as I'm concerned this sorry affair is over and I'm looking forward to seeing the DVD when it arrives.

The VRA1984 doesn't apply to imports; it's limitations are only applied to retailers in the UK; it's not illegal to buy unrated material (from the US, for instance), only to sell it.

It's not illegal to import either - so long as you pay the applicable HRMC&E value.

Sue at BBFC said:
In the case of this work it was presented in a comic way which made it particularly unacceptable.
If this is the case then I think MVM would have to be pretty convincing in its appeal to change their minds on this so highly unlikely that MVM will try. Still it's interesting that our censors nailed this but not the ones in the evangelical US.

PS;
However, after just viewing volume 2 it would appear that they missed it in the last preview, which shows just the scene in controversy. :wink:

I watched my R2 MVM released PA vol3 earlier and it had the hanging scene still intact :?, not checked the whole ep against the fansub but I didn't notice any edits. Anyone else seem to have an uncut R2 MVM vol3?

Necromancer said:
I watched my R2 MVM released PA vol3 earlier and it had the hanging scene still intact :?, not checked the whole ep against the fansub but I didn't notice any edits. Anyone else seem to have an uncut R2 MVM vol3?
Don't tell the BBFC!

What i've noticed, is that the disc-art on my release looks low-resolution and an awful lot like it has been pirated. Anyone else notice this when they compare the discs to the earlier releases?

Necromancer said:
mine too hmmm lets keep this to our selfs.

nothing from my vol has been cut too.

kupoartist said:
What i've noticed, is that the disc-art on my release looks low-resolution and an awful lot like it has been pirated. Anyone else notice this when they compare the discs to the earlier releases?
Yeah, it does look a bit grainy and faded. I gave it a quick spin yesterday to check through the extras and it played fine. It could have been a rushed job on the part of the factory to minimise the existing delays, maybe.

valha said:
Necromancer said:
mine too hmmm lets keep this to our selfs.

nothing from my vol has been cut too.
Yes! Just watched my rental, and you know what?
That's right! it's all there!

Me 1 - BBFC 0

Heehee! Blaaaaat! :p

Back