Bayonetta framerate discussion (split thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
IGN and Gamespot both suffer from being untrustworthy and unreliable most of the time, agreed. However the technical issues where discussed on most "official" game review sites. Gametrailers brought it up, i think game informer did, and i believe it was reflected in the user score over at metacritic, haven't checked in a while however.

The problems where somewhat addressed as you said with the patch, but sega neglected to sort everything, and just kinda left it to collect dust. So yeah, i don't expect everything will ever be sorted for it.

Shirayuri said:
fabricatedlunatic said:
I want to help someone not familiar with consoles make an informed choice, and I don't think anecdotal examples that contradict the facts really help.
I suppose this is where our opinions differ; on the note of 'informed choice', I'm trying to inform them of another side. I don't recall ever doubting the 360's version is technically better; I just really don't think it affects gameplay.
Making an informed choice necessitates knowing the facts, not being given anecdotal examples. Because, as those gaming press quotes demonstrate, your experience may be very different to someone else's. I'm glad I didn't listen to those people who claim there's no discernible difference between standard and high definition.

According to SEGA the patch only addressed loading times.

fabricatedlunatic said:
Making an informed choice necessitates knowing the facts, not being given anecdotal examples. Because, as those gaming press quotes demonstrate, your experience may be very different to someone else's. I'm glad I didn't listen to those people who claim there's no discernible difference between standard and high definition.

According to SEGA the patch only addressed loading times.

I still wouldn't put it past these sites to be overly dramatic about certain points. I know for a fact IGN have gone nuts over how "This game does X" when it hasn't had a noticable effect at all really. But this may be an agree to disagree; I'd be interested to look at all the user-reviews for the PS3 to see if any other users had such an issue.

fabricatedlunatic said:
Mutsumi said:
You come across as a 360 fanboy, nothing more.
lol! Because I pointed out an article that proves a specific game runs better on a specific console? And even though I recommended five PS3 games and no 360 games? And even though I've pre-ordered LA Noire on PS3 because it's the lead platform? Clutching at straws much?

When discribing the PS3 version of Bayonetta, you use provocative and derogatory language. You present the facts in a deceptive and biased way, and from a position of weakness, as you all but admitted to never playing the PS3 version.

Having never played the PS3 version, you have no right to comment on how the framerate affects gameplay.

Myself and Shirayui have both played the PS3 version, and we both agree that the gameplay does not suffer in the slightest. I do not have any faith in IGN or Gamespot, for they seem to have a poor reputation, and also, review sites often review earlier versions of games which contain minor problems fixed for the actual release.

Lastly, your mention of ordering LA Noire for PS3 because it is the lead system suggests that you feel you absolutely have to have the best version of a game, because you are disproportionately bothered by even the most minor of differences, where the majority of players would just enjoy the game regardless. You seem to imply that the minor differences can make a game impossible to fully enjoy. This suggestion is false.

Mutsumi said:
Myself and Shirayui have both played the PS3 version, and we both agree that the gameplay does not suffer in the slightest.

Lastly, your mention of ordering LA Noire for PS3 because it is the lead system suggests that you feel you absolutely have to have the best version of a game, because you are disproportionately bothered by even the most minor of differences, where the majority of players would just enjoy the game regardless. You seem to imply that the minor differences can make a game impossible to fully enjoy. This suggestion is false.

Might aswell add me and voddas into the list of people who've played (and completed) the ps3 version, i suffered no lag-like symptoms whilst playing the game and as for graininess, a HDMI cable will put out the SAME quality of graphics for both consoles. And as the HDMI cable is the best things in terms of connecting consoles to tvs right now, i find it hard to believe that the picture quality would or could be grainy at all.

Framerates may have been altered between the two copies of the game but the ps3 has 4 times the processing power, So it strikes me as ironic that the ps3 framerates would differ/be slower.

Mutsumi said:
When discribing the PS3 version of Bayonetta, you use provocative and derogatory language. You present the facts in a deceptive and biased way, and from a position of weakness, as you all but admitted to never playing the PS3 version.
It's a **** port, widely acknowledged as being one of the worst this generation, and it wasn't even handled by Platinum Games. Get over it. The source of my facts were Digital Foundry, who are considerably more qualified than either you or me.

And seeing as we're talking provocative, let's take a walk back in time, boys and girls, and remind ourselves of Mutsumi's first contribution to that thread:
PS3 > 360
And that's not to mention the Xbox Live dig the other day, nor the "360 finished, PS3 surpass!" comment. Case rested.
Myself and Shirayui have both played the PS3 version, and we both agree that the gameplay does not suffer in the slightest.
In that case everyone who says it does, both players and publications, is lying. They must all be Microsoft plants!
Lastly, your mention of ordering LA Noire for PS3 because it is the lead system suggests that you feel you absolutely have to have the best version of a game.
I'm fortunate enough to own both consoles, so why wouldn't I? Unlike yourself I consider the game first and console second. This console fanboy bollocks does my head in, and I know from years and years on gaming forums the utter futility of trying to get through the thick skulls of people who've nailed their flags to a company's mast. Which makes me wonder why I'm bothering. Lock away, Rui, this is going nowhere fun.

fabricatedlunatic said:
Mutsumi said:
It's a **** port, widely acknowledged as being one of the worst this generation, and it wasn't even handled by Platinum Games. Get over it.

You are a liar and a fool. Already the list of people who own and have extensively played the PS3 port outnumber you 4 to 1, and all of us have made it clear that the port is just fine, but that the 360 version does perform a little better in some minor areas. Cease your foolish attempt to argue about the quality of a version you have not played, as this very fact negates any value your words would otherwise have.

Please drop this topic or take it to PM. Nobody wants to read what this simple difference of opinion has descended into; both sides had valid points at the start but this is just leading somewhere bad now.

R (at work so can't deal with this further until later; apologies for curtness)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back