Baka and Test on UK DVD May 2012, Manga Tweet

animefreak17 said:
is it uncut and dose the us version have any other stuff like specials or ovas with it that the uk version won't have

Bit soon to tell if the UK version is uncut, but the "Recent Decisions" part of the BBFC website is a good place to check a few weeks or so before the release date. I do believe the US version is uncut, though.

As for specials, the US release I think does have some special episodes, but I can't tell you exactly what until my copy arrives. I used standard delivery on Amazon, so it won't be for a while yet. XD

The US release is very nice (as US releases go), with a large number of on-disc of extras, and a blu-ray version included. It was made all the sweeter for the chipboard artbox and dry-wipe comedy bonus sheet the Rightstuf limited edition comes with.

It would be unlikely for the extras to be removed for the UK, unless someone screws up somewhere.

R

Kind of Irrelevant but the Australian Blu-ray release was Delayed for a month.

US version looks nicer anyway, the nice looking cover looks poor on the AU release. So i'll be sticking with that when I do some new year's online shopping!

Stop making me want the BDs, you bastards.

Interesting point about the on-disc extras. If Manga get them all they might need to put the series on three discs, which could bump up the price a bit. Not as high as the Funi combi-pack, which I am ABSOLUTELY NOT BUYING, though.

The price of the USA release is what actually stopped me importing this, I didn't expect it to get a UK release.

However this I will definitely get and now quite happily wait for! :D

I'll most likely be buying this come it's release. Hopefully Manga actually sticks to releasing it, and not just leave it resting in limbo.

Probably would have imported it earlier, had it not been for the Blu-ray being included.

Hello Manga,
Now look at your set, now back to mine
Now look at your set, now back to mine

Sadly, your set is not my set, but if you had any business sense what so ever and it was released when you released the ****** version of Vampire Bund and it had the Blu Rays in there, it could have been my set.

Look down, back up, where are you? You're in bankruptcy because everyone imported Baka and Test (amongst other shows) because Funimation's sets are a lot better.

What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an oyster with money, that thing you need.
Look again, the monies are now in your hands.
Anything is possible when you release shows in a manor that gets people buying your sets.

I'm on a chair.

Lawrence said:
Serious question, I was going to import it but a blind buy for £30 seemed a little risky, when there is a recession going on.
"Inspired" by this thread, and braving the dreadful video quality (ze goggles, zey did nossing), I watched the first two episodes on the Funi Youtube channel. And while there was some funny stuff, such as the lead character having his hand glued to a table for half an episode, there was plenty of unfunny boob jokes, perverts with nosebleeds, and violent women. Oh, my aching sides.

Worth £30? Probably not. But the box is oh-so pretty...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back