Baka and Test on UK DVD May 2012, Manga Tweet

Mmm, it's generally more in the cleverly-nonchalant category of the hand/table scenario imo, the more stereotypical aspects of it are played up fairly deliberately. And Oonuma Shin was the absolute perfect guy to handle it. Oh, and the horrible specter of "plot" does rear its head from time to time.

Worth £30? Easily, and I hate how people's perspective on "the value of anime" is so easily influenced.

/usual rant

edit: It has to also be said, the LNs are better, especially when it comes to Akihisa's characterization, so my extreme love of the series does have at least some excuse. #goeswithoutsaying

I should clarify that the "probably not worth £30" thing was not an objective statement of FACT, but rather a subjective assessment of how I felt about the first two episodes while taking into consideration the bajillion other things demanding a slice of my limited funds ^_^;

Doubleplay? Multi Region (1,2,4 / A,B)? Best comedy that actually had some heart to it in a long time (that isn't Seto No Hanayome)? Only £30?

Yes, I'd say it's worth it.

fabricatedlunatic said:
I should clarify that the "probably not worth £30" thing was not an objective statement of FACT
Well, my statement of "worth £30" was actually scientifically calculated, so buck your ideas up pal.

I have no idea or not whether it's *worth* £30 as that's completely objective, but it's not a series I've seen yet via...less legitimate methods...close to the airtime, and at about £30 it seemed a reasonable 'slip-in' series whilst I'm buying some other bits; especially as, as I understand the Ltd Edition is actually pretty solid in terms of extras etc.

Gotta do my XMAS shopping first unfortunately...after that I'll be re-evaluating my to-buy list, and if I've got a bit of spare fundage, it'll probably go on this.

I tell you what, if FUNi put season 1 and 2 together and called it £40 I'd be interested. Not that I'm not interested now, it has that similar feel of Seto No Hanayome with pop art. I'm just not the compulsive type to buy newer show releases since I know they'll be around a while

Back