AUKN Meetups: Have we actually had one?

GolGotha said:
Haha don't be daft, you'll have a better time now it's just a lads night out ;-)
Knowing the currently confirmed and possible participants, I think it will probably look more like this:

rnm286330.jpg

ayase said:
I can see you being an invaluable source of knowledge on our capital Zin5ki. I do hope you'll be able to join us. Perhaps you might know of other, more characterful establishments we might patronise?
[...]
I guess if there was anything going on Saturday evening either I alone or myself and anyone else interested could take in some entertainment (especially if it was free :p) Hell, I'm pretty much up for anything really.
The Trocadero is (almost) free! I usually spend between two and ten pence on their penny-pushers. Being fond of waterfowl, I also have an affinity for St. James's Park: one can pat the resident pelicans if one is lucky.

For more substantial activities, Londonist magazine usually posts preliminary summaries of weekend events. I expect to be fully able to join you when necessary—I have swift little feet. .
I'll probably take in museums and galleries on the Sunday, aimlessly ride the Tube for a while and attempt to find some urban decay to photograph.
There is plenty of fun to be had on the Tubes, but the Docklands Light Railway is especially notable: when the train's computer automation system is active, you can sit at the very front!

If you require vantage points for purposes of photography, there's a new shopping centre across the road from St. Paul's Cathedral with free elevator access to the roof.

Wish I was free on the 23rd, I would have been up for meeting you fine fellows again. Anything later in the Spring/Summer I will try to make myself available for!

Whoa, Illmaestro's back! It had been so long I was recently considering pourin a little liquor on the curb for you. Glad to see I don't have to :)

vashdaman said:
Whoa, Illmaestro's back! It had been so long I was recently considering pourin a little liquor on the curb for you. Glad to see I don't have to :)
Tell me about it. I was all but ready to make a video where the names of all the posters we've lost over the last couple of years scrolled up the screen to this.

ayase said:
GolGotha said:
Haha don't be daft, you'll have a better time now it's just a lads night out ;-)
Knowing the currently confirmed and possible participants, I think it will probably look more like this:

rnm286330.jpg

Correction, i may appear now. Get this party going!

Chaos our meet up for a few drinks and laughs has been put off too long

Zin5ki is always an interesting character to meet up with

Ayase i've been waiting for a chance to catch a few pints with you, i take it you'll be up for a few real ales?

Spyro, if you're there too then that means i can kill 2 birds with 1 stone and hang out with you as offered the other week :)

As for everyone else, if i havent met you before then it'll be nice to put faces to names :)

So. Not long to go now... Great that you might be around too Tach. :) I'm definitely not going to be around on the Sunday now (big crazy plans...), but everything remains unchanged for Saturday.

Time for a final roll call?

Last edited by a moderator:
AFAIK Shira the situation's still the same as when I posted this:

ayase said:
Right, well. The Grand Central website keeps giving me damn runtime errors so I can't see what time my train gets in, but I think to be safe I'll say I can be anywhere in central London on Sat the 23rd at 4.30pm - Probably earlier but where trains are concerned there's always the possibility of delays. Might seem a bit late in the day for meeting up but I'm happy to keep things going well into the evening if others are. There's this pub at King's Cross itself (gets good reviews, may be pricey but then is there anywhere in London that isn't?) but if anyone else has any better ideas for meeting places I'll open the floor up to suggestions.
I now know that my train is due to arrive at 3.50 - I say due, bearing in mind the possible weather situation.

vashdaman said:
OK, so shall we just meet at that pub at 4.30 then? Everyone else is being a bit quiet right now, who is even definitely coming?
That's fine with me, presuming the train's on time it might even afford me time to check into my hotel and rid myself of my luggage.

As for who's definitely coming, that's what it was my intention to find out with the "roll call" post... Doesn't seem to have worked.

Yeah indeed, some people are very last minute. Oh well, hopefully some of them will turn up. So I guess we'll just leave it at 4 30 at Kings Cross for now, I'm pretty flexible though, so if that turns out not to be preferable just let me know.

So, is there a way to identify people? Ayase, since we're all meeting around you can't you make a sign or something? lol.

Is it okay if my friend comes along with me by the way?

Surely the more would probably be the merrier, especially as at this rate there might not be an awful lot of us.

You can identify me by using this picture haha, I look pretty much exactly like this currently, unless I end up shaving tomorrow or something. Also, exchanging phone numbers might be useful.

IMG_0283_zpsd85df264.jpg

Vash: Please hold the hand position the whole time you're there until my arrival. Otherwise, I'll probably not be able to remember what you look like since a Saturday in Kings Cross is probably gonna be pretty busy!

Zin: Hope to see you tomorrow then! I'm still unsure of the location, however. Which pub is it, sorry?

What is the name of it?

Sorry guys, I can't make it tomorrow! My family require my services as a driver tomorrow afternoon. I'll be there at the MCM London Expo/Comic-Con/whatever it's called though.

Back