AUKN GAMING NIGHT

So I see there is a bit of interest, I had a quick discussion with Arby and here is what I think.

What Platform?

I think are gaming nights should be almost always be on PC, not all of us will have a 360 and PS3 I don't think, unless we decide on some kind of fighting game.

When should the gaming nights start?

If I or someone were to start doing them, it should start somewhere around the steam summer sale, it will be a good chance for members to buy some of the games I'm about to mention on cheap, I don't want all of you to spend a large amount of money straight away, I haven't bought all the games everyone has suggested anyway.

What games should we play

Before I start the list, I feel that powerful PC multiplayer games should not count, Planetside 2 or Crysis 3 for example, again, some people might not be able to play those games.

So here is a suggestion of games:

Team Fortress 2 (It's Free, so we could start with this?)
Counter Strike Source (Could do CSS: GO also but I think Source is cheaper)
LFD 1 or 2 (Four player co-op)
Awesomenauts (Suggested by Arby, It's a 3 vs 3 game, so might be a good suggestion, need to buy it myself)
DOTA2 (I have loads of codes for this, so we could play this, might be challenging though.)

Games considering (See how much they are on the summer steam sale, open for debate, add suggestions):

Magic: The Gathering
Chivalry
Magicka (Here is an example of the co-op gameplay - Link)
Garry's Mod

Choose PC, and you alienate and exclude the very person who is responsible for bringing us together under this idea. It would be insulting to exclude him like that. :(

Surprised no one has suggested the Wii yet. Mario Kart Wii could be a viable option, but I don't know how easy it is getting a group together on that. Also Smash Bros as a suggestion on Wii.

Oh i can play some games on the pc, depending on the specs i should be able to play :)

I did say before that i dont mind if others will play pc games :) the idea is that people play together on here :)

Mutsumi said:
Choose PC, and you alienate and exclude the very person who is responsible for bringing us together under this idea. It would be insulting to exclude him like that. :(

Surprised no one has suggested the Wii yet. Mario Kart Wii could be a viable option, but I don't know how easy it is getting a group together on that. Also Smash Bros as a suggestion on Wii.

I actually made my post to gather interest, idea's and the best way we can do this, my post does look a bit too official so I apologize, to ye and Tachi, again I just really would like this to happen.

My suggestions show that the games on that list requires the low specifications to play them, thus the list

Lawrence said:
Can you play with friends on MTG online?
Does it cost anything?
Yes to the first, technically no to the second although you have to pay an initial fee of about a tenner. Future cost is variable depending on how insane you are.

I think it's wiser to go more PC, it's more versatile.
But my crappy lappy can only work things that only use pixels. Like Pong pixels

Otaku-san said:
I think it's wiser to go more PC, it's more versatile.
But my crappy lappy can only work things that only use pixels. Like Pong pixels
What use is versatility when all you want to do is two things (game + voice chat)? That versatility is just as much a drawback.

No, the wiser path is to utilise all platforms, so that all who wish to participate can do so.

Versatile in that there's more then just console games, and I reckon more people are liable to have a decent PC, then all types of console to play with.
Oh and thanks for pointing out what things we're meant to be doing, as I was expecting us to work photoshop/blender along side it

Otaku-san said:
Versatile in that there's more then just console games, and I reckon more people are liable to have a decent PC, then all types of console to play with.
Oh and thanks for pointing out what things we're meant to be doing, as I was expecting us to work photoshop/blender along side it

1. That is like saying the 360 is versatile for having more than just PS3 games. It makes no sense.
2. Statistically, PC is not the leading platform in gaming. Also, it is silly to compare owning one PC to owning all the consoles.
3. You're the one who mentioned versatility. The only way in which PCs are more versatile is the wider range of functions they can perform; these are functions not needed for gaming. Don't bring it up if you don't want it to be pointed out.

I'm going to throw in some PC game suggestion though: Star Wars: The Old Republic. The game is free to play now. If you liked Knights of the Old Republic, you'll probably like this. A gaming night could consist of a group working through the opening zones together.

Another good free to play game is World of Tanks, although it is not possible to form a group larger than three people in that and still fight in battles for experience and credits, although you can fight in just-for-fun private battles which award no exp or credits when in large groups.

Personally i own all of them (PS360/Wii/PC) except a Wii U and WRT pc games if i can then i'll buy and play the games, though i may be on lowest graphics possibly its the participation that i'm more focused on.

For PS3 and 360 there are chat features, for Wii and PC i'd ideally say Skype although its not beyond the question to just say "whichever we decide, skype could be the easiest way to go"

Next week what games are we playing?

Mutsumi said:
Otaku-san said:

1. That is like saying the 360 is versatile for having more than just PS3 games. It makes no sense.
2. Statistically, PC is not the leading platform in gaming. Also, it is silly to compare owning one PC to owning all the consoles.
3. You're the one who mentioned versatility. The only way in which PCs are more versatile is the wider range of functions they can perform; these are functions not needed for gaming. Don't bring it up if you don't want it to be pointed out.

A. No, I'm making sense. Just not necessary to you
B. If it's not leading, then what's it doing? And since when did I start making comparisons when I was just saying what's most likley.
C. Is it getting hot in here?
D. I don't mind being pointed out, I was just pointing to what you pointed out, whilst adding what would be impossible to point to do

*DING DING*

Ooh Star War's suggestion. Dibs on navigator
but what good is that, it's on PC :p[/spoiler

Tachi said:

Ball in a cup
That and I have some MAME roms I can tinker with.

Oh and Ventrilo is another application you can use to game chat on, but you need a server for it

Sending abuse via PM? How mature of you, Otaku. Fact is you are wrong and are not making sense. Also, saying one thing is more likely than another IS making a comparison between the two.

PMs from you have now been blocked, Otaku. Send all the abuse you like, I'll not be seeing it.

Mutsumi said:
PMs from you have now been blocked, Otaku. Send all the abuse you like, I'll not be seeing it.

What's that, all I see is you waving a wooden leg.

I'll tell you what I would like to see, what you make of a stark contrast.
Actually I'd rather watch something else stark.

Can both of you shut up please? Ta.

Tachi said:
Maybe we could tally up which games everyone is able to play and then organise based on the things that have the highest numbers.

MaxonTreik said:
Can both of you shut up please? Ta.

4fff68d613280.png

Can't you both just save this fighting energy for gaming against each other

MaxonTreik said:
Tachi said:
Maybe we could tally up which games everyone is able to play and then organise based on the things that have the highest numbers.

Well for PS3 i own too many games to mention so if people vote a game 9/10 i'll own it anyway.
360 i own all of the halo games and all the gears games,
PC as i said i'm game for anything
Wii, mario kart and monster hunter tri are pretty much the only games i bother with that console so i may need to purchase some more titles :p
Psp - if people are open to using a game that normally connects to the internet then okay otherwise there is a tunneling software called xlink kai that could be used.
3DS, i'm pretty sure a mario kart game would be pretty easy to sort out, looking at the 3ds friendcode list it appears quite a few people already own the game.

what about other people?

If we can't decide on which exact game then can we atleast have an idea on genre?

I'd consider it whilst I reply to a quote post. Another option is playing a game on a platform, which I thought we were to say by opinion. I have a PS3 as well with a few games on multiplier like dead Island, but at the moment I'm too far away from it

Back