AUKN Character Battle Quarter-Finals, Match 2: Rin Tohsaka/Akane Tsunemori

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buzz201 said:
Most of the time it's fairly obvious stuff she fails to grasp, and every single detective on the show fails to do what should be basic common sense in the aftermath of Kagari's death and actually look at the body. I'm sorry, but surely the first thing you'd do is look at what happened in the basement. Apparently not, the show just moved straight on, and so did I. Kagari was my favourite character and I couldn't stand to sit through any more of their stupidity, so there was no reason to continue...

I get the distinct impression that most of Psycho-Pass's problems could be solved by swapping Akane for a better lead character, and that's why I don't think she deserves to even be in consideration for this.

Kagari was my favourite character too ;_; so I can understand this view. It's pretty common for this kind of series to start off with a rookie teamed up with more experienced characters though, so they can show the viewer how things work without lots of tedious narrative, and characters making dumb mistakes has been a crutch of drama stories since time began. I think you've said before that the writing really turned you off and I can certainly see why, but I found Akane herself pleasantly likeable as 'blank slate' lead characters go. She's quiet at first but very tough where it counts.

But then I kinda like weird girls, whereas to me Rin is just an archetypal tsundere overachiever with amazing thighs. I think the only character in Fate I find more grating than her is probably Shirou himself ^^;

R

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll vote for Akane.

Mostly because I think Akane would be slightly easier for my favourites to beat, although I can't see Akane winning this one anyway.

Rin - I beg of you to stop this Akane-demon! She is destroying all my votes in her path!!
I therefore vote for Ms Tohsaka.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back