Atlus Announces New Game From Persona Creators - Catherine

MaxonTreik

Chuunibyou
http://gamrfeed.vgchartz.com/story/8154 ... -xbox-360/

In the latest issue of Famitsu, Atlus has announced a brand new title for the PS3 and Xbox 360 called Catherine. The game is an adult/horror action adventure title. Key staff from the Persona series are working on this project including Katsura Hashino as the producer, Shigenori Soejima as the character designer, and Shouji Meguro will serve as the composer.

The game follows 32-year-old Vincent, who has no ambition either in work or love. The other character, Catherine, is a stylish 22-year-old with the charms of a young girl. One day, VIncent runs into Catherine and then he ends up having nightmares. The nightmares will serve as the action/progress component throughout the game featuring an unending stairway. Vincent will have to make it to the top of the stairs in his nightmares or he won't awaken.

Producer Katsura Hashino spoke in a staff interview saying since this was the team's first HD title they were excited to try something new instead of an RPG. He says this game will be more adult oriented than the team's past titles, and that there will be plenty of gameplay as well as some shockingly adult scenes. Composer Shouji Meguro pointed out that the game's music can be summarized in three key words: "classic," "adult oriented" and "erotic."

One last interesting tidbit was a possible Persona 5 hint from Meguro. He says due to Catherine, the team can't be asked about their next title. Fortunately, some time next year he'll be able to respond "Regarding the RPG, Hashino and I are..."

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VteHd2AoGvw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VteHd2AoGvw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Well that was certainly a lot more...adult than i was expecting from atlus, it has to be said. Regardless, i'm actually intrigued to see how that plays out. Why do i get this sinking feeling that we won't see it here =/

Arbalest said:
Well that was certainly a lot more...adult than i was expecting from atlus, it has to be said. Regardless, i'm actually intrigued to see how that plays out. Why do i get this sinking feeling that we won't see it here =/

I agree with you, unless it gets censored quite alot. However I would definitely check it out if it was released here.

Reevothemusefan said:
I agree with you, unless it gets censored quite alot. However I would definitely check it out if it was released here.

Why would it get censored? Its a console game*, we haven't done that seriously scince the SNES. And that's a CERO C rating (15) on the vid and you can do sex scenes without breaking a 15 here without much dificulty.

Cultural references getting cut is more likely.
Also if it's fully voiced they have to English voice it fully as well and cut the original voices for any bits they don't do. That's normaly a bigger problem with things getting brought over.

* ie. no adult content, it's mostly western import games that have the Z (18 ) rating on consoles.

Reaper gI said:
Reevothemusefan said:

Why would it get censored? Its a console game*, we haven't done that seriously scince the SNES. And that's a CERO C rating (15) on the vid and you can do sex scenes without breaking a 15 here without much dificulty.

Cultural references getting cut is more likely.
Also if it's fully voiced they have to English voice it fully as well and cut the original voices for any bits they don't do. That's normaly a bigger problem with things getting brought over.

* ie. no adult content, it's mostly western import games that have the Z (18 ) rating on consoles.

I can understand your argument Reaper (for example games like 7 Sins etc not being censored)

However I think alot of game companies are going to be scared to pick this up because of are new laws (I don't know if the Dangerous Cartoons Act would effect it, correct me if i'm wrong.)

On the other hand recently we haven't had recent Atlus titles like the redo of the first Persona game or no sign of a P3P release date.

It'll be fine. There are no underage characters.

As I said on another fourm, it doesn't look much more risqué than some of the content in No More Heroes 2, which landed on UK shelves with a 15 certificate. And even if it doesn't make it here, it'll be easy enough to import from the US (if you have a PS3).

Reevothemusefan said:
On the other hand recently we haven't had recent Atlus titles like the redo of the first Persona game or no sign of a P3P release date.
You mean the PSP version of persona 1, that came out last week.

You'd be totaly wrong with Corroners and Justice doing anything to it.
It can't be sexualy explicit, it's a console game. Also the characters are 28 or something, and look it.

Problems with it coming out will be re dubbing all of it more than the bed scenes.

Reaper gI said:
You mean the PSP version of persona 1, that came out last week.

Well spin my nipple nuts and send me to Alaska! I had no clue that there was going to be a PAL release, apologies.

Fair enough guys, but I'll blame you if it doesn't come out here Reaper :lol:

I played like the first three stages or so of this... and yes, it is/was damn hard. ;_; Fun though, the actual puzzle mechanics are addictive, and the cutscenes and most of all the voice acting (this is like... nearly Touhouvania II levels of seiyuu cast) are well worth it.

There is a competition that Ghostlight have set up, where you can win Persona 3 merch, this is where Catherine comes in:

If you want the chance of winning this piece of Persona 3 Portable memorabilia, entering couldn't be easier. Simply fill out the form on the right and tell us which Japanese title you'd like to see released in Europe. If there's enough support for a particular title it might just get a European release!

http://p3p.ghostlight.uk.com/competition

Can we all vote for Catherine; plus you can win that Aigis model (Do Want!)

Reevothemusefan said:
There is a competition that Ghostlight have set up, where you can win Persona 3 merch, this is where Catherine comes in:

If you want the chance of winning this piece of Persona 3 Portable memorabilia, entering couldn't be easier. Simply fill out the form on the right and tell us which Japanese title you'd like to see released in Europe. If there's enough support for a particular title it might just get a European release!

Don't be stupid, vote for games that are actualy region locked and are not going to make the US!
If a PS3 game comes out in America and not Europe that's fine.
If it's a 360 game that is not fine.

Reaper gI said:
Reevothemusefan said:

Don't be stupid, vote for games that are actualy region locked and are not going to make the US!

IMG_0241.png

Reaper gI said:
Reevothemusefan said:

So, going by this. Can i assume that we should all just drop the EU market and rely solely on the american market for such titles? For one, i'm pretty sure 75% of us would much rather push the EU market for such titles so that we have a chance of getting them in the future since, you know, not all of us believe we should have to import to get certain titles. Besides, catherine is PS3/360, and not everyone has a PS3.

Back