At what age did you get into Anime/Manga?

Uixka

Brigade Leader
'ERES one!

Its simple, just grief and brief overview of how old you were when you first saw anime and what the anime/manga was...

Likewise.

I must've about 3 years old when i saw my first anime, bk when we lived in sweden, and i THINK my first anime might've been Silver Fang: Fallen Star Gin (Ginga Nagareboshi Gin), i didnt really like it at first but one of the episodes really drew my attention and urged me to continue to watch the entire series... ahhh how i miss it =]

So.. You lot continue..

Have fun. =]]]]

The first anime I ever saw was Dragonball z I think and I was 6 when I saw it. My first ever manga I got was battle vixens and that was only in january.

I got into it through the Pokemon anime around 99/2000. Then I started watching the films they had on the Sci-fi channel. I saw a few series like Tenchi and Outlaw Star on tv as well. I only seriously got into it when I saw Eva in 2004 though. Before then I'd never bought any or read about anime on the web.

First came accross it at 5 when my Bro showed me 'Cat Girl Nuku Nuku' but never really became a fan until I was 14 and ran accross Eva... :D

Whenever Pokemon first hit our shores, I remember getting up early to watch it on Sky One. I was about 12 or 13 when DBZ started showing early morning and evenings on Cartoon Network. I'm pretty sure they used to show 2 episodes in the morning at 6am-7am or something, I used to watch them and then would go into school and talk about it with a few of my friends who also used to watch it.

Only branched out when I was 15/16 though, into Trigun, Cowboy Bebop, Tenchi Muyo, and then much, much more...

Well its either has to be Pokemon or DBZ. i used to watch DBZ without really knowing what the hell it was and Pokemon just because who didn't.

For me the show when i started to actually knowing what anime was, was Naruto i think.

about 12 / 13

I was a late bloomer, I didn't get into it til I was at uni, one of the guys I lived with showed me a series called TRIGUN, I was hooked instantly, and from then on every night we used to watch the next few eps of Trigun or Rurouni Kenshin

Late 90's, must have been 11. DBZ was my favourite on Cartoon Network. It was also the time of the Pokemon craze on Sky One. I was into it till i was about 13 watching the likes of Tenchi Muyo! (edited so no where near as funny) Gunam Wing, Samurai Jack. Then they stopped showing it on Toonami and i lost interest.

Fast forward a few months and after stumbling across some Tenchi on youtube my love for anime was rekindled.

Nyu said:
I was into it till i was about 13 watching the likes of Tenchi Muyo! (edited so no where near as funny) Gunam Wing, Samurai Jack. Then they stopped showing it on Toonami and i lost interest.

Fast forward a few months and after stumbling across some Tenchi on youtube my love for anime was rekindled.

I think that must have been more than a few months.

Ark said:
Nyu said:
I was into it till i was about 13 watching the likes of Tenchi Muyo! (edited so no where near as funny) Gunam Wing, Samurai Jack. Then they stopped showing it on Toonami and i lost interest.

I think that must have been more than a few months.

well spotted, meant to say that in my first part.

Well I'm 16 now... I started watching anime online when I was 13. My first experience of anime was when I was 8, when I used to love (be obsessed with) Pokemon, Digimon and Cardcaptor Sakura. :3

Does Ox tales count? Or Moomins? I can't remember enough about either to know how likely that is. First 'genuine' anime would have been Dragonball Z or Gundam Wing, whichever started first on CN. My first film was Wicked City, which was made even more akward as my mum watched it with me as whe is into sci-fi (I think it may have scarred her psyche), and first Manga was Ragnarok. I think.

No, probably neither count (certainly not Moomins). Meh, I was having to think back around 17 years. Not that easy. Although at least I remembered that Ox tales was spelt such, and wasn't in fact some cleverly titled Ox Tails, or something.

Back