Art Books

Not too many here either, though my Tony Taka Shining art book must be worth, what, at least ten lesser art books ^_^

Also got the Yoko and Nia (TTGL) photo books. In future I wouldn't mind picking up the Rorona/Torori book by Mel Kishida and the Baccano book by Katsumi Enami. Generally I steer clear of art books, though, as like figures they eat away monies I'd be better off spending on the anime or games from which they are derived.

I love me an artbook! I've got the art of Totoro, Ponyo, Spirited Away and Howl's Moving castle (Viz editions) the Art of Tezuka but pride of my collection is the uber-rare Totoro Forest project book. It's art inspired by Totoro by some of the greatest artists from all over the world, (including some leading types from Pixar). Not only is it incredibly beautiful but it was only available for about 45 minutes a couple of years ago, so I was incredibly lucky to be able to nab one.

http://totoroforestproject.org/

I've tried to stop buying them as they're so heavy and bulky, but some I can't resist. So most of my collection is skewed towards older series but gradually becomes higher quality as my standards became stricter. More recently I picked up artbooks for Saiunkoku Monogatari, Baccano and Jigoku Shoujo.

I'm also collecting Yamashita Shunya's artbooks to save me bankrupting myself on bishoujo figures, and I really like his style. Hoping there will be a new one next year.

R

I just noticed Udon are publishing an English version of a Pixiv art book "Pixiv Almanac Volume 1" in November. The books that Pixiv produces are generally excellent.

Anime wise?
Nausicaa Watercolor Impressions
My Neighbour Totoro
Kiki's Delivery Service
Porco Rosso
Spirited Away
Howl's Moving Castle

So, not many, but:
Bioshock - Breaking the Mold Developer's Edition Art Book (i.e. Not the pdf version :p)
Half-Life 2: Raising the Bar
The Art of Halo

The Art of Pixar Short Films
The Art of Finding Nemo
The Art of The Incredibles
The Art of Cars
The Art of Ratatouille
The Art of Wall-E
The Art of Up
The Art of Toy Story 3
"To Infinity and Beyond" - The Story of Pixar Animation Studios

The Art & Flair of Mary Blair
Tale as Old as Time - The Art and Making of Beauty and the Beast
The Art of Princess and the Frog
The Art of Tangled

Obligatory Parka Link

My eyes looked at "The Art of Cars" before they saw any of the other Pixar books for some reason, I was thinking that was a slightly vague title until I realized. ^^;

My Bleach Art Book arrived not long ago and my Katekyo Hitman Reborn! Art Book coming next week, pretty nice easy start for an Art Book Newbie like me, until I save up and get some more lavish (also meaning pricey) Art Books after the new year!

Have my eye on the Yoshiyuki Sadamoto Art Book :)

I have the two Spice and Wolf books.
The first is a Guidebook as much as Artbook, the other is a collection of Jyuu Ayakura's work on the series, and its an absolutely lovely book, with art ranging from small monochrome sketches up to double A4 colour spreads.

The only downside is its not hardback, that and it was hard to get hold of and ended up costing me about ¥8000 or so haha

I've bought quite a few art books but usually for others. I own two:

Der Mond: The Art of Neon Genesis Evangelion
by Yoshiyuki Sadamoto - partly for Eva but also because it had illustrations from The Wings of Honneamise.

and

The Art of Yasushi Suzuki which is just stuffed full of stunning illustrations.

I'm fairly certain that I will purchase Shigenori Soejima Artworks SC next.

Video Games:
World of Warcraft: Burning crusade
World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Litch king
World of Warcraft: Cataclysm
Star Craft II: Wings of Liberty
Star Craft II: Heart of the Swarm
The Art of Darksiders 1 & 2
The Art of Alice Madness returns
The Skillful Huntsman
The Art of Mass Effect Universe
The Art of Halo: creating a virtual world
The Art of Halo 3
The Art of Bioshock 2
The Art of Assassins creed: Revelations
The Art of Borderlands 2
The Art of Bioshock Infinate

Anime:
How to draw Manga: Bishoju around the world
How to draw Manga: Complying characters
How to draw Manga: Dressing your characters in casual wear
Fullmetal Alchemist 1 & 2
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Der Mond
Dirty Pair: Sexy Two
The Art of Inu Yasha

Other:
How to draw: Character creation & Story telling
How to draw: Character creation & Story telling
Digital Painting Techniques 1 - 3

My brother is doing a video game course so this is what 90% of his funds goes towards lol

I love artbooks! I don't have many though. I have both Tsubasa artbooks, Pandora Hearts Odds and Ends (manga) and Pandora Hearts Animation Guide.
I have my eye on the D.Gray-Man artbook and a couple of CLAMP ones (specifically Kobato and the gorgeous Code Geass one).Oh, and Tegami Bachi! When I have a little spare money that's where it'll be going.

I have quite a few art books, I love them, got lots of Yoshitaka Amano books, he's my favourite artist.

Amano books:

Coffin: The Art of Vampire Hunter D
Amano: The Complete Prints
Worlds of Amano
The Tale of Genji
Fairies
The Magic Flute
The Art of Final Fantasy IX
Final Fantasy IX Visual Arts Collection
Final Fantasy 20th Anniversary Artbook
Silence: The Art of Front Mission 1995-2003
Rasenoh (Spiral King)
Genmukyu
Guin Saga
Japan - Final Fantasy
Hiten
Alice
Shinjuku (Actually a short novel but its got Amanos art on most pages)

And wow I honestly didn't realise I had that much until I wrote this list :p

Other Art Books:

Akira Club
Genga - Katsuhiro Otomo (A recent purchase, it's really amazing)
The Art of Nausicaa
The Art of Howl's Moving Castle
The Art of Spirited Away
The Art of Oddworld Inhabitants (not anime related but the Oddworld games are awesome :D )

I only have one art book, The Art of Oban Star-Racers. I loved the series and seeing a smirking Molly on the cover was too much for me to resist.

Back