Arriety dub to have seperate UK cast.

VivisQueen said:
We need more of them in anime! No more **** Backstreet Boys High School Musical Tweeny twangy type voices, please.
I'll agree with this faster than you can say "Hellsing".

animefreak17 said:
im going to get it when i say this but

i think it'll be nice for a change to hear something thats not american i dont think iv heard a british dub anime.................,unless you count those crappy dragon ball z movies that came out first time in the uk
Not even Hellsing?

animefreak17 said:
im going to get it when i say this but

i think it'll be nice for a change to hear something thats not american i dont think iv heard a british dub anime.................,unless you count those crappy dragon ball z movies that came out first time in the uk

Obligatory post. *Note language NSFW.

<object width="425" height="349"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xRcxz1MSPd0?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xRcxz1MSPd0?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="349" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Zin5ki said:
English ex-pats were relegated to lesser roles. Crispy Freeman's fanbase would have complained otherwise.
The likes of Sir Integral and Seras are hardly minor characters, and it's not like Alucard was actually English or anything.

The likes of Sir Integral and Seras are hardly minor characters, and it's not like Alucard was actually English or anything.

Um.. have you actually heard the original Hellsing dub? KT Gray who plays Seras is clearly not British and does a horrible accent (only the cocker-nee vamps in episode 2 are worse) Admittedly she's improved greatly for the Ultimate dub, so if you've only seen that you're forgiven :wink:

I have to confess I straight up loved that 'Lum the Invader Girl' dub, I had it recorded on video from back in the day. I know it's not authentic but at least it's actually funny, unlike most of Funi's recent 'comedy' rewrites (poor poor Sgt Frog, what did they do to you?)

christor said:

Um.. have you actually heard the original Hellsing dub? KT Gray who plays Seras is clearly not British and does a horrible accent (only the cocker-nee vamps in episode 2 are worse) Admittedly she's improved greatly for the Ultimate dub, so if you've only seen that you're forgiven :wink:

I have to confess I straight up loved that 'Lum the Invader Girl' dub, I had it recorded on video from back in the day. I know it's not authentic but at least it's actually funny, unlike most of Funi's recent 'comedy' rewrites (poor poor Sgt Frog, what did they do to you?)

Hey I liked Sgt Frog and I'm sooooo looking forward to season 3 coming out on DVD...out of curiosity what were the problems you had with it because I heard some people felt it was better than what Funimation did with Shin Chan

Lawrence said:
Is it wrong that I actually enjoyed listening to that?
Try turning on the audio transcription as well.. "you travel a lot better revenues generated by the national or not that you can't recognize"

Hey I liked Sgt Frog and I'm sooooo looking forward to season 3 coming out on DVD...out of curiosity what were the problems you had with it because I heard some people felt it was better than what Funimation did with Shin Chan

It's entirely a matter of opinion, but for me personally the rewrites fell flat and I didn't find what I saw funny. Felt a bit like it was trying too hard to be Family Guy to me. Obviously some people will find it funny, and that's great for them. Maybe I'll try watching some more, or I can always stick with the subtitles. I'm not against rewrites on principle or anything -some Japanese humour just doesn't translate, so it's actually more in the spirit of the original to replace it with something that works in English, in my opinion.

Humour's such a subjective thing and everyone finds different things funny. So basically it just comes down to it not working for me. I'm glad some people like it, as I want the series to do well!

Shiroi Hane said:
Zin5ki said:
English ex-pats were relegated to lesser roles. Crispy Freeman's fanbase would have complained otherwise.
Sir Integral I can grant, though the nationality of Seras' voice actress was quite evident in spite of her efforts.

Shiroi Hane said:
Lawrence said:
Is it wrong that I actually enjoyed listening to that?
Try turning on the audio transcription as well.. "you travel a lot better revenues generated by the national or not that you can't recognize"
Untitled.jpg

It was pretty hilarious before (I would be so up for a full dub of UY using that cast) but that just made it even better.

Ryu Shoji said:
http://www.lovefilm.com/features/movie-clips/Exclusive-Trailer-Studio-Ghibli-s-Arrietty?cid=lftwitter_trailer

UK Trailer.

I had this problem when watching the Xenoblade trailer the other day; I find hearing British voices really really weird, despite being British and living in England, because I'm so used to hearing games and anime having American voices.

Saoirse Ronan puts on a good British accent doesn't she?

Ryu Shoji said:
I had this problem when watching the Xenoblade trailer the other day; I find hearing fake British voices really really weird, despite being British and living in England
I am the same.

Back