Arriety dub to have seperate UK cast.

Joshawott

Monsieur Monster
AUKN Staff
Sorry of this has been posted before:

Source: http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/news/ ... in-u.s-u.k

Studio Ghibli's latest film "Arrietty", which is due out in UK cinemas on 29th July, will feature a different voice cast than the American dub (which will be in American cinemas from 17th February 2012).

The British dub will star Saoirse Ronan (The Lovely Bones/Atonement) and Tom Holland (Billy Eliott; stage musical). Other cast members include Mark Strong (Green Lantern/Sherlock Holmes), Olivia Colman (Peep Show), Phyllida Law (The Time Machine) and Geraldine McEwan (Marple).

The American dub however, will have Bridgit Mendler (Wizards of Waverly Place) playing the title role and Amy Poehler (Saturday Night Live, Parks and Recreation) with the rest of the cast including Will Arnett (Arrested Development, Running Wilde), David Henrie (Wizards of Waverly Place), and Carol Burnett (The Carol Burnett Show).

Can't decide if the different casts or the vastly different release dates are more confusing. I guess they want it in next year's Oscar bidding rather than this?

Personally, I don't care much about who the voice actors are, as long as their voice actually fits the characters. We'll probably get stuck with the UK dub unless we import though.

Will Arnett is cool and all but Saoirse Ronan is a big step up from some awful Disney channel/High school musical tween type. And Mark Strong rules. I think the cast for the UK version sounds better overall but it'd be nice to think the eventual Blu/DVD would have all 3 versions. I think it's pretty unlikely though.

Lack of Amy Poehler love on here. (She's also married to Arnett, lol).

I Have not seen parks and recreation but have heard good things. If I'd seen it maybe I'd be a Poehler cheerleader. If it was Kristen Wiig on the other hand...

Getting this so much earlier than the US goes someway to redressing the balance and making up for the extra four months we have to wait for The Muppets

Oh **** sake, didn't know about The Muppet delay. :'(

Parks and Rec is iffy for it's first season but it's second is excellence and my god, I love the third. She's spectacular.

Oh **** sake, didn't know about The Muppet delay. :'(

Parks and Rec is iffy for it's first season but it's second is excellence and my god, I love the third. She's spectacular.

Yup, Thanksgiving for the US, February 2012 for Blighty Goddammit. The full trailer is sooo good, cannot wait!

I'll check out P&R when I get the chance, thanks for the recommendation!

Wow. I am so pleased about this. Glad to see they're paying a little homage to the story's British origins. I don't think I've heard a British dub cast since Heroic Legend of Arslan. We need more of them in anime! No more ******* Backstreet Boys High School Musical Tweeny twangy type voices, please.

Long live the Queen! Hail Britannia!

im going to get it when i say this but

i think it'll be nice for a change to hear something thats not american i dont think iv heard a british dub anime.................,unless you count those crappy dragon ball z movies that came out first time in the uk

animefreak17 said:

i think it'll be nice for a change to hear something thats not american i dont think iv heard a british dub anime.................,unless you count those crappy dragon ball z movies that came out first time in the uk
Can't we just forget about those?

Ryu Shoji said:
animefreak17 said:

Can't we just forget about those?
they was so bad i cant forget

Here, here, I say to Optimum Asia. Common sense finally prevailed and I will gladly reward them for being so considerate by giving them some of my hard earned brass for it, after I hear a sample. :lol:

Back