Arpeggio of Blue Steel Anime Announcement

MaxonTreik

Chuunibyou
The 7th volume of Arpeggio of Blue Steel (Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio) will reveal that an anime adaptation of the series is going into production. It will be directed by Seiji Kishi (Persona 4, Angel Beats).

The story of Arpeggio of Blue Steel revolves around the plight of humanity after losing a naval war to "The Fleet of Fog". This fleet is made up of naval vessels that use super weapons to dominate humanity. The main character of the story, Gunzo Chihaya, and his crew obtain a submarine from The Fleet of Fog. In this story The Fleet of Fog Vessels can take on a human form.

Source: Manga News Japon

MaxonTreik said:
The Fleet of Fog Vessels can take on a human form.

Errm. a submarine of, I would imagine, 120 -130metres in length 15 metres in beam, and 7 metres in draft usually on average, "takes on human form"? and I presume that pretty secondary school girl is that human form? :lol: :lol: :lol:
I lol but the concept does remind me of Tenchi Muyo's Ryo-ohki, remember the cute little "cabbit" that could morph into an intergalactic space ship? But Ryo-ohki remained a "furry". This idea of the secondary school girl morph looks a tad too tanted toward the lolicom camp for my tastes.

"Allow me to introduce my girlfriend, Sen Toku. I call her Iyonhyakuichi". :wink:

Mohawk52 said:
MaxonTreik said:
The Fleet of Fog Vessels can take on a human form.

Errm. a submarine of, I would imagine, 120 -130metres in length 15 metres in beam, and 7 metres in draft usually on average, "takes on human form"? and I presume that pretty secondary school girl is that human form? :lol: :lol: :lol:
I lol but the concept does remind me of Tenchi Muyo's Ryo-ohki, remember the cute little "cabbit" that could morph into an intergalactic space ship? But Ryo-ohki remained a "furry". This idea of the secondary school girl morph looks a tad too tanted toward the lolicom camp for my tastes.

"Allow me to introduce my girlfriend, Sen Toku. I call her Iyonhyakuichi". :wink:
You're basing an opinion of the series on one image and a overly summarised explanation of what these things are? Are you trolling?

Sounds a little generic but there must be some kinda hook if they are animating, will keep an eyeball out for any further news

Oh, I was browsing YouTube last night and a trailer for this came up in my recommendations (among allthe QI episodes). Looked interesting.

Sounds like quite a classic setup in the style of more old-fashioned super robot shows, but the trailer is fairly attractive. Intrigued.

MaxonTreik said:
Are you trolling?
I think it's usually safe to assume this with Mohawk until proven otherwise.

ilmaestro said:
Sounds like quite a classic setup in the style of more old-fashioned super robot shows, but the trailer is fairly attractive. Intrigued.

Yes that's what I was thinking, I guess we haven't seen much like it recently but the overall theme of one super ship to save the day is quite old. The trailer has me interested, we shall see how it works out

Back