Are you going to get a PS3

A fair few people are saying they're gonna wait for the price to drop. Just wondering what kinda price you'd be willing to pay?

Personally, I'd cough up a max of £250.

I don't mind forking out money for PS3 as long as it lasts quite a long time. But I'd rather wait until it come down a bit.

How much are they going to be selling a PS3 for, when Sony release it?

Unless they bring out a game that makes me speak in monotones and diallows me to finish my sentences, I've got a lot more important things to save up for! :wink: I'll wait around until the PS4 comes out.

Macross G said:
Probably about £425.00 for the 60GB version. The 20GB version might not come to the uk.

thats only speculation though. No price has been confirmed for the Uk. my country isn't really solid on the price either, sure we've got the euro price anounced but consoles have a habit of being more expensive in this country.

You know my guess about the Downgrading spec is that they needed more room for cooling. I mean look at the 2006 version compaired to the prototype in 2005. Vents everywhere on the release model. I think they needed to remove things not only to cut down the price but to add more cooling.

i will only get a PS3 when MGS4 comes out. and that is in 2007, so i take it it will come out in the uk around probably around Q1/Q2 of that year. (since PS3 is hitting here at November 2006)
so by then they should have some good deals.....hopefully

It will be cheaper to get a Wii and 360 together instead of a PS3.
The way they're trying to sell it as a bargain because it comes with a BluRay drive assumes that:
1. You have an HD TV
2. You want a Blu Ray drive

If owning an HD TV is the only way to get the most value out of your PS3, that means it's even more expensive.

I've lived without PS2 exclusive titles thus far and I think I'll manage without the future Sony exclusives.

I still haven't finished over half the games I have for the PS2 so I can hold off buying any new console for a looooooong while.

I am however tempted to get a DS for Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney and Trauma Center. those games look spiffy.

The DS is awesome...it had a really slow start, but there's a lot of amazing stuff rolling out now.

I will get a PS3 sooner or later. Release day is very unlikely (I learned my mistake with getting the PSP on release day)...I'd rather wait a few months, then get it a bit cheaper and with a bigger variety of games.

I will, but only when the price is under £200 and when the software is cheap. I'm getting new games for the PS2 for under a tenner, I got RE:CV 2nd hand but mint for £3.70 a little while back, a new console isn't going to offer that much bang for buck.

Gallus Glee said:
I will, but only when the price is under £200 and when the software is cheap. I'm getting new games for the PS2 for under a tenner, I got RE:CV 2nd hand but mint for £3.70 a little while back, a new console isn't going to offer that much bang for buck.

New consoles never do. But yet you still get a plethora of fanboys queing up outside game stores at midnight to be the first to get one.

Back