Appleseed XIII Trailer

Genkina Hito

映画男!!!
Fans of Masamune Shirow’s cyberpunk story Appleseed have something to whet their appetite as a trailer for the thirteen episode television series of Appleseed XIII has been released.

Despite Bandai blocking western viewers from watching the trailer (just try the movei’s <a href="http://appleseed13.jp/">official website</a> for results), a few websites managed through some magical manipulation of IP addresses to get the trailer. Appleseed XIII will retell Masamune Shirow's original story with two theatrical films compressing the story and a Blu-ray/DVD release to accompany the films.

I have never quite become accepting of computer generated characters. Although one would expect that smoother movements would augment their human characteristics, the effect is quite the opposite.

Like Freedom and the first CGI Appleseed films, I shall have to turn down the opportunity to watch this.

Zin5ki said:
I have never quite become accepting of computer generated characters. Although one would expect that smoother movements would augment their human characteristics, the effect is quite the opposite.

Like Freedom and the first CGI Appleseed films, I shall have to turn down the opportunity to watch this.
I'm the same with CGi even with the improvments of today it's still not there yet. However I always thought that the movies were much to condensed so I will endure the gummy CGi effect for the 13 episode TV series. I also see it's not without its pinch of fanservice in the recipe either. I can't remember any of that in the old movies. :wink:

I'm still holding out hope that one day we'll get an appleseed series done in a GITS: SAC stylee. Love a bit of Shirow but I'm not a fan of the CGI movies and I'm not a fan of this!

Hmm. The trailer does look a bit iffy (the character movements just aren't natural), but I think I'll still give it a shot.

It can't possibly be worse than the travesty that was Tank SWAT.

Back