Anyone going to see Girl with the Dragon Tattoo?

Sparrowsabre7

Za Warudo
It's an adaptation of Stieg Larsson's book of the same name, I really enjoyed the book. The titular character struck me as a female L crossed with a feminist version of Rorschach from Watchmen =P (insanely clever, possibly autistic, has strong brand of justice for those who harm women)

So I was wondering if anyone else had read the books/ was planning on seeing the film =)

I am planning on seeing the film... Right after Green Zone and Shutter Island - Most promising looking films of the month in my opinion. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo looked like a standout to.

Haven't read the books.

I doubt it'll live up to the book, simply because the book goes into almost anal (pun intended...you'll see....) amounts of detail about the case and stuff. However, cutting a lot of that will be good for the flow. Hopefully it will still stand up on its own merits =)

Kirrimir said:
Probably not as the title sounds dumb.

Better than "Men who hate women" or "The Air Castle that Blew up" (the original titles of the books in swedish =P, though Air castle is the swedish equivalent of "pipe dream")

Genkina Hito said:
I am planning on seeing the film... Right after Green Zone and Shutter Island - Most promising looking films of the month in my opinion. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo looked like a standout to.

Haven't read the books.

I saw it before the other films and I have to say that it is one of the toughest but gripping films of this year.

I think it came out sometime last week, it was all over The Metro that day. I'm probably going to watch it at some point, not desperate. The books seem more appealing to me currently.

Back