Announcing the Anime UK News Readers' Choice Awards 2018 Winners!

Teapot

Moon Bunny
Administrator
The votes are in! The top anime and manga of 2018 have been decided by fans, but did your favourite make it into the Anime UK News Readers Choice Awards 2018?

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Pleasantly surprised to see Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou runner-up for most wanted manga release. Can't see it ever happening though. That series is over 20 years old, and nothing, manga, OVA or otherwise has ever left Japan.

I'm not even sure how VE keeps getting best animation everywhere. It wasn't even particulary better than the other kyoani shows. The only thing they did different was adding filters, which hardly count as muh animation.

Last edited:
I'm not even sure how VE keeps getting best animation everywhere. It wasn't even particulary better than the other kyoani shows. The only thing they did different was add filters, which hardly count as muh animation.
Dare you to try and tell Instagram bloggers that filters don't count :p

FYI, I've updated the article with the results of the Most Wanted Home Video License category. Apologies for it being missed originally!

Alright, who let all the casuals in? 😜
I demand a recount with only the people who have, let's say, at least 100 posts 😜😜😜😜😜
Of all the regulars that noted their vote, not one mentioned any of the mainstream stuff that won 🤷‍♂️
Dispite being quite elitist (no Dub VA Award and all nominated shows written only in Japanese on the voting threads) the closest to my picks remains r/anime

tenor-1.gif

All Hail our Slime Overlord

Happy to see the "most wanted manga/light novel" winners, those are absolutely my number one most wanted.

This reminds me once again that I need to stop going "I've been reading the manga since it pretty much started, I cannot be bothered to watch the anime" with regards to BHA :p

Glad to see Fate/ getting some recognition and I'm pretty happy with the light novel sections too (yay Konosuba!)

Pleasantly surprised to see Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou runner-up for most wanted manga release.
So am I, especially since I didn’t even vote (I didn’t feel like I’d watched enough, I’ll vote next time though since half the people who voted this time seem to have watched nothing but MHA) and I don’t think I’ve had an actual conversation with someone else who’s read YKK on AUKN for about 7 years.

Back