Animefreak17 And His All-Purpose General Chat Thread

Ian Wolf said:
Well, Manga Entertainment UK were asking if there was demand for One Piece in the UK. From what I gather there weren't many replies.

I imagine most people have long since given up on a UK release of One Piece and have instead imported it.

mangaman74 said:
Ian Wolf said:
Well, Manga Entertainment UK were asking if there was demand for One Piece in the UK. From what I gather there weren't many replies.

I imagine most people have long since given up on a UK release of One Piece and have instead imported it.

To be honest, that's what I'm doing, but it would still be great if they did import it. You think that as the biggest selling manga of them all would have the anime version of it available in the UK.

Rui said:
There are an increasing number of outlets for fansubbers who want to work legitimately; by far the most exciting of which for me is Viki, as they're focusing on classics and have a simple interface anyone can contribute to (very easily at that, I've contributed some translations myself). However, most of the discussions on it seem to end up as a catfight about the rights of fansubbers to be individually credited for their translations rather than the exciting opportunity to spread anime to the masses that it should be.

I'd like to see the stuff on Viki eventually getting physical releases, potentially, but reuploading CR rips and subbing half a dozen variants of the Naruto anime seem to be the priority for the majority of people.

R

I checked out Viki for the first time yesterday and wondered why the first thing I was interested in had no subs when other things did. This now answers my question which I should have realised after hearing about it on several podcasts.

I have just read a decent article on ANN about licensing stuff and it just goes to show you can't blame everything on the local companies when the Japanese companies demand so much and stick their noses in too often.

Ian Wolf said:
There weren't many replies because nobody expects Manga to follow through with any promises.

Rui said:
There are an increasing number of outlets for fansubbers who want to work legitimately; the most exciting of which is Viki, they have a simple interface anyone can contribute to.

I'd like to see the stuff on Viki eventually getting physical releases, but reuploading CR rips and subbing half a dozen variants of the Naruto anime [and just generally leeching over legal content creators hard work] seem to be the priority for the majority
I agree with Rui, more community driven legal subbing like Viki needs to be implemented as well as continuously improving the already generous legal streaming revenues we have now. I never understood why people still Fansub stuff into English which has already been licensed in English speaking countries, wasn't the original intention of the "fansub" to create opportunities to build a fan-base amongst a small community of people who would have never get the chance to see a show.

Ian Wolf said:
Actually there has been over 150 tweets so far using the #OnePieceUncutUK which already seems quite substansial, but for something like One Piece it is always going to be a matter of "when" rather than "if" anyway.

one piece is a awesome show everything balanced and it works if i could id get the whole series its that awesome

naruto
bleach
dragon ball z

has nothing on one piece

hey im trying to find out if the Vertical - Queen's Blade: Visual Collection Artbook will have the OVAs with it im looking to see if it will but im not sure yet, i hear that a dvd will be released with it that contains the OVAs and specials with it, i can order it from UP1 but im trying to make sure it will have them

I'm pretty sure it won't and the OVAs are up in the air (Sentai will probably try to grab them at some point) but you can always fire Vertical the question directly if they're releasing it - they're surprisingly good at responding to that kind of thing.

R

From all the podcasts I listen to it seems Ed Chavez is a nice guy and Vertical have decent customer focus so you should get an answer and even if it is not what you want to hear it should be polite.

i wish UP1 would sort there live actions and there hentai from animes it be quicker to look though them, they should Categorize them i know i shouldn't complain about this but im just saying

Back