Animefreak17 And His All-Purpose General Chat Thread

serpantino said:
Wasn't lelouche supposed to be an anti-hero anyway? I didn't think we were supposed to like him in the first place.

The series always made a big deal about the weight of his selfishness and arrogance and the end seemed to be suggesting an element of redemption so I think disliking him was intended.

He might be a anti hero but that's more reason that he. Should be stopped he made people kill each other for his own reasons.

britguy said:
@serpantino

Doesn't mean you can't like him for the fact he is an anti-hero. Yes his character did some repugnant things, but when I say "I Like Lelouch" I am not saying "he is a good guy so I like him" I am saying "he's an interesting character, I think the studio did well in conceptualising and realising his potential, he was great to watch".

Some say he was realistic but I dont know how anyone could do what he did

Most of the major characters in Geass were using each other to their own ends though. Lelouch spent a lot of time as a pawn.

Edit: As for not knowing how anyone could do what he did.... All throughout history it's happened and I'll warrant more than we know because history is written by the victors.Henry VIII would be a good example of a Lelouche-alike.
Mugabe, Putin, Kim Jong Il, all big & very recent players with a similar mentality. On a country scale I think most in history have done unbelievably terrible things. I could go on and on with examples but it'd get nowhere.

On another note this thread is pretty full of mild spoilers. I hope it doesn't ruin the series for people who intend to watch it.

animefreak17 said:
britguy said:
@serpantino

Doesn't mean you can't like him for the fact he is an anti-hero. Yes his character did some repugnant things, but when I say "I Like Lelouch" I am not saying "he is a good guy so I like him" I am saying "he's an interesting character, I think the studio did well in conceptualising and realising his potential, he was great to watch".

Some say he was realistic but I dont know how anyone could do what he did

You do know that there's a difference between agreeing with what a character does and just thinking he is an interesting character to watch?

Re: Ask Kimberley Anything! ^_^

animefreak17 said:
Emulsion said:
animefreak17 said:
I chose siblings over a billion people.

Without trying to start a Geass argument, you would choose a sibling over a billion people, yet from what I understand from your posts, one reason you dislike Lelouch is because he chooses his sister over a billion people.

My reasons are different.

Lelouch started a war got millions of millions of people killed used people lied to people betrayed everyone .........Lelouch started all this nit to help others but for his own selfishness and his plans make no sense.

That mommies boy got what was coming to him.

I chose to save my siblings over a billion people because I hate humanity and I love my siblings.

Lelouch has done alot and I mean alot of evil and I mean alot of pure evil stuff that gave him a one way ticket to hell to suffer to all eternity.

It's what the bastard deserves

Your reasons may be completely different, but at the end of the day you're both choosing to save a loved one over a billion lives.

And despite all that text you still completely missed my point.

If you hear two people discussing Code Geass calmly, you don't run over and scream at them about how much you hate it, instead you would calmly say something like 'In my personal opinion I didn't enjoy Code Geass' and if they said 'Oh, why is that?' you are then allowed to express why you dislike the show so much.

What you don't do, is when overhearing someone mention Code Geass, interrupt their conversation with 'Lelouch is a mommies boy with a loli sister complex' as that's when your input is not welcome. This is why we get annoyed, not because you dislike the show, but because you interrupt other conversations on the forum just to rant about Lelouch.

serpantino said:
On another note this thread is pretty full of mild spoilers. I hope it doesn't ruin the series for people who intend to watch it.

Sadly, one of his previous rants already ruined Lelouch dying for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: pair ups

Double post, sorry but I just remembered my alltime favourite pairing (so far???).

GUTS AND GRIFFITH!!!!

OMG, the hotness, the love, the amazingness!

FAP FAP FAP FAP

Such an amazing anime and pairing of people. Makes the ending of the anime... *knife in heart*

I've not seen Code Geass before but erm, wanted to lol.

Isn't there like an issue with it though? Like it sort of just ends unfinished or may I be confusing this with another anime? lol.

I'm not fussed if someone likes an anime I don't. TBH there's not much I "dont like" its just a case of "havent and not interested in seeing".

I would say the ones I can't get into, I don't like. So really my backlog atm.

There's ones I dont want to watch but it's personal preference really.

-Danielle- said:
I've not seen Code Geass before but erm, wanted to lol.

Isn't there like an issue with it though? Like it sort of just ends unfinished or may I be confusing this with another anime? lol.

I'm not fussed if someone likes an anime I don't. TBH there's not much I "dont like" its just a case of "havent and not interested in seeing".

I would say the ones I can't get into, I don't like. So really my backlog atm.

There's ones I dont want to watch but it's personal preference really.

I'm actually quite envious of you having not seen Geass before.

The show was basically the 'thing' that got me into anime (aside from a few Ghibli movies I'd seen before) - when it came out on Blu-Ray two years ago I pretty much marathoned through it in a single day - it just completely opened my eyes. It'll blow you away (I hope) - even now, I still think it's an absolute masterpiece.

Plus, CLAMP's character designs for it are oh so pretty.

I've not seen Code Geass either. I've been meaning to, but I've just not got around to watching it yet. My backlog is pretty huge. I have read some of the manga though, as my best friend was buying it. But honestly I've forgotten it as it was several years ago.

animefreak17 said:
Can I help it if the rage inside me goes out of control

Even if the series makes you angry, you need to still remember to respect that a lot of people here may have not yet seen code geass, as such please watch your spoiler tags. This isn't the code geass thread like before where people knew to avoid it because of the discussion at hand, so some will wander in, see the topic and could get a lot of spoilers out of what you said. So just watch, please?

Also, i won't lie. I would love to discuss the strengths of Code Geass and Akito the Exiled(OVAs between S1 and S2) with others if ever the chance arose, but just ranting about Lelouch all the time is rather offputting too. There is a lot more to discuss about it all than just him, i think you just get too blinded by your hate for him to realise it.

britguy said:
animefreak17 said:

You do realise that getting that angry about an anime isn't normal behaviour right?

What about other series or movies...anime or not....surely there must of been something in a live action movie or series or a manga or a comic ......anything.....there must of been something that must of pushed your buttons.

If a movie or series or comic or manga can make you cry or happy or get intense then I'm sure it would get you angry....It's not impossible.

Arbalest said:
animefreak17 said:

Even if the series makes you angry, you need to still remember to respect that a lot of people here may have not yet seen code geass, as such please watch your spoiler tags. This isn't the code geass thread like before where people knew to avoid it because of the discussion at hand, so some will wander in, see the topic and could get a lot of spoilers out of what you said. So just watch, please?

Also, i won't lie. I would love to discuss the strengths of Code Geass and Akito the Exiled(OVAs between S1 and S2) with others if ever the chance arose, but just ranting about Lelouch all the time is rather offputting too. There is a lot more to discuss about it all than just him, i think you just get too blinded by your hate for him to realise it.
Ok your right and by putting all these comments on here about the series would ruin it for others......could you help me out and censor them.

I do apologize It got out of hand I'm truly sorry to everyone if I went over board ......to the staff and people who haven't seen this series yet.............which is weird cause code gaess is over 9 years old.

Anyways...to everyone I'm sorry I lost control my emotions got the better of me........like they always do.

I humbly ask you forgive my outbursts....il be more discrete next time.

animefreak17 said:
britguy said:
animefreak17 said:

You do realise that getting that angry about an anime isn't normal behaviour right?

What about other series or movies...anime or not....surely there must of been something in a live action movie or series or a manga or a comic ......anything.....there must of been something that must of pushed your buttons.

If a movie or series or comic or manga can make you cry or happy or get intense then I'm sure it would get you angry....It's not impossible.

I've never been so angry that I've "lost control" or got in a "rage"

Back