AnimeCentral; a new anime TV channel coming to the UK?

Ryo Chan said:
it doesn't at all yet, you won't see any anime on the channel untill it's released, just the "pop girl will return at 6am" message
There you go, straight for the horses mouth.

Erm.. no offence Ryo Chan :oops:

question to those who have found it, does it actually show anything at all? from the normal time it's supposed to come on?

Rameez16 said:
question to those who have found it, does it actually show anything at all? from the normal time it's supposed to come on?
Not that I saw. Like Ryo Chan said, you only get the POPGIRL preview repeating over and over, and I checked the channel repeatedly over the course of the night too.
Sux but looks like we'll just have to wait.

hmmmm, no update of the EPG yet.... and nothing on pop girl for the 10th.....and their website is not up yet.. hmmm

Well, I noticed that when Propeller said they were going to air Anime Network, nothing was listed at that time until only afew days before it was about to air.

So if POPGirl do get AnimeCentral, i'm guessing it'll show on the listing more near the time.... Hopefully. <_<

You don't have anything to worry about. This isn't run by an unproven company like Rapture, CSC has a good track record for digital TV channels so don't start freaking out just yet :)

I've just noticed, it says on thee 11th PopGirl's listing at 9P.M. says "...No listings available"

It normally says: "... Programmes start at 6:00 A.M."

Now, I don't know if it'll change later on, but maybe AnimeCentral is gonna be taking over that time slot and that's why it's saying different to normal?

I'm just guessing at this moment... I'm really hoping it doesn't get delayed.

I'll repost what I posted here at EyeOnAnime.co.uk.

Fudce said:
Anime Central has started its test broadcast on Sky. It doesn't officially start until next week, but you can now manually tune your box to get the channel.

Press SERVICES > SYSTEM SETUP > ADD CHANNEL
Enter:
11642 (or 11643 if it doesn't work)
V
Find Channels
You want to store channel "52360".

If you want to watch the channel, press SERVICES > OTHER CHANNELS (6), and select the channel from the menu.

The current schedule everyday is:
  • 21.00 - ?
    21.30 - Bleach
    22.00 - Fullmetal Alchemist
    22.30 - Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
    23.00 - Planetes
    23.30 - ?

Programs are repeated three times a night, so at 0.30am Bleach repeats, and again at 3.30am.

I'll let you know about what shows at 9 and 11.30 as soon as I know (though I think it's Transformers and Escaflowne)

They're broadcasting the DVD version (uncut, complete with propor OP/EDs in the right places) of Fullmetal, and they even broadcasted the episode of Tachikoma days at the end of GitS:SAC

Fudce said:
Anime Central has started its test broadcast on Sky. It doesn't officially start until next week, but you can now manually tune your box to get the channel.

Press SERVICES > SYSTEM SETUP > ADD CHANNEL
Enter:
11642 (or 11643 if it doesn't work)
V
Find Channels
You want to store channel "52360".

If you want to watch the channel, press SERVICES > OTHER CHANNELS (6), and select the channel from the menu.

The current schedule everyday is:
  • 21.00 - ?
    21.30 - Bleach
    22.00 - Fullmetal Alchemist
    22.30 - Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
    23.00 - Planetes
    23.30 - ?

Programs are repeated three times a night, so at 0.30am Bleach repeats, and again at 3.30am.

I'll let you know about what shows at 9 and 11.30 as soon as I know (though I think it's Transformers and Escaflowne)

I've just tried this, and its says Escaflowne is in the 23.30 slot

21:00 Transfomers The Headmasters

Id like their logo to be inside the 16:9 Frame right now as I find it annoying in between black and video.

Apologies if this bit of info was posted elsewhere, but here's the news post from the Official Facebook group for Anime Central:

Anime Central launches on Thursday 13th September 2007 at 9pm with the following shows:

Transformers Headmasters
Bleach
Fullmetal Alchemist
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
Planetes
Vision of Escaflowne

Channel number will follow shortly.

Back