AnimeCentral; a new anime TV channel coming to the UK?

Light said:
Sakimori said:
This whole thing is awesome. I really would not be surprised to see Bleach on as we're getting the anime from Manga near the end of the year, the games early next year. Bleach is doing what Naruto did last year. But all in all this is awesome. Its about damn time something like this came to the UK. Power to the anime fans!..... My only problem is it wil be the English dub versions that’s shown and for shows like Cowboy Bebop and Fullmetal Alchemist its not a problem but if they start showing something like Chobits dubbed I will bat them.

It's an english tv channel it will be all dub probly :p
I mean just think of the blind anime fans :eek:

I know it doesn't bare thinking about :(

Rameez16 said:
9PM to 6AM?! i hope that's a typo, i don't really plan to stay up just to watch tv.

No its not a typo and its for the best. Anime is becoming popular in the mainstream but it needs to be gradually introduced. Plus it would have to be edited to show before nine and who wants to watch anime with all the blood and fan service removed :p

Sakimori said:
Rameez16 said:
9PM to 6AM?! i hope that's a typo, i don't really plan to stay up just to watch tv.

No its not a typo and its for the best. Anime is becoming popular in the mainstream but it needs to be gradually introduced. Plus it would have to be edited to show before nine and who wants to watch anime with all the blood and fan service removed :p

They better be playing Pokeman constantly though out the non prime hours. :D

Rameez16 said:

Well the anime on cartoon network started at 9pm back in the day and that worked very well indeed.

I would like to see a classic anime like Ranma 1/2, Masion Ikkou or Lupin the 3rd in there too.

If I wanted an anime to be before 9pm it would be Azumanga Daioh, School Rumble or maybe a movie like spirted away.

Well the anime on cartoon network started at 9pm back in the day and that worked very well indeed.

Renember Outlaw Star that was on 10pm on toonami.

ok,i can understand the reasoning behind the times.However,personally I wont be up at say 4 am watching,or whatever other ridiculous time.Also considering the new school term soon.Sure,i may stay up a bit late the odd night or two.But not every night.I agree that the times were expected to be such at this period in time,but i hope against hope they will change.Even if it means showing tamer shows throughout the day.Wouldnt bother me in the slightest.

Again,i want to say that yes i do feel this is good news.Of course it is,a huge step forward.

TRASHBAT said:
ok,i can understand the reasoning behind the times.However,personally I wont be up at say 4 am watching,or whatever other ridiculous time.Also considering the new school term soon.Sure,i may stay up a bit late the odd night or two.But not every night.I agree that the times were expected to be such at this period in time,but i hope against hope they will change.Even if it means showing tamer shows throughout the day.Wouldnt bother me in the slightest.

Again,i want to say that yes i do feel this is good news.Of course it is,a huge step forward.

Exactly.

Rameez16 said:
i'd rather have digimon

Digimon FTW

Chrono Demon said:
Basically, It be better if they show a two hour block of Japanese music when the soaps come on ^^

urgh! music of course! Didn't think of that :D Yeah,that'd be quite nice :p Being quite the j-music nut.

Escaflowne, Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd Gig, s-cry-ed and Witch Hunter Robin are also lined up for the channel apparently.

And also, it's apparently starting on September 10th.

Ramen89 said:
Escaflowne, Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd Gig, s-cry-ed and Witch Hunter Robin are also lined up for the channel apparently.

Awesome, I don't go back til 17th september ^^ So which means I can stay up til 3am =D

Chrono Demon said:
Ramen89 said:

Awesome, I don't go back til 17th september ^^ So which means I can stay up til 3am =D

Damn. I'm back the 5th I think.

And GitS on TV. Wooooo

Jayme said:
Chrono Demon said:
Ramen89 said:

Damn. I'm back the 5th I think.

And GitS on TV. Wooooo

Well i believe i go back even earlier then that :p So i'll be in full school mode before the channel starts hah great

Ramen89 said:

keep this up and i'll have saved myself £200 on dvd's lol

You don't have to stay up late to watch it, just record it. When anime was on at 4-5 am on SCI-FI everynight, I'd set the recorder all the time to watch the likes of Gasaraki, Excel Saga, Evangelion, Nadesico, BC, BCT 2040 etc.

Plus as someone said earlier, they may show a few hours of new stuff, then repeat it.

Wish it was on freeview, we got rid of sky 2.5 years ago but still have the sky box for freeview channels.

Animated FatCat said:
You don't have to stay up late to watch it, just record it. When anime was on at 4-5 am on SCI-FI everynight, I'd set the recorder all the time to watch the likes of Gasaraki, Excel Saga, Evangelion, Nadesico, BC, BCT 2040 etc.

Plus as someone said earlier, they may show a few hours of new stuff, then repeat it.

Wish it was on freeview, we got rid of sky 2.5 years ago but still have the sky box for freeview channels.

No recorder.Fair enough idea though actually.

Back