AnimeCentral; a new anime TV channel coming to the UK?

DaNiMe-sama said:
Chrono Demon said:
Goodbye Sony... We're not bothered, we got Anime Central...

That's a really stupid thing to say, in my opinion. I'm not going to go into details on why, I think you can find out by looking at the Animax Wikipedia page.

Whs, u'd rather only have 2 anime channels when u can have 3?

Ryo Chan said:
may as well post this here, Voices of a distant star is about to start on AN

I saw that yesturday. It says part one, so maybe they'll show it in two parts, or something. But I thought Elfen Lied was 13 episodes, and Coyote Ragtime was 12, so meh.

Ryo Chan said:

What does Whs mean? o_o

DaNiMe-sama said:
Ryo Chan said:
may as well post this here, Voices of a distant star is about to start on AN

I saw that yesturday. It says part one, so maybe they'll show it in two parts, or something. But I thought Elfen Lied was 13 episodes, and Coyote Ragtime was 12, so meh.

Ryo Chan said:

What does Whs mean? o_o

i think it was only 1 episode (not seeing the whole think i couldn't tell)

also WHS = What he Said aka i'm agreeing with you :p

Voices of a Distant Star is only half an hour long. So I don't know why they'd cut it up.

It's also a good example of how dull and unrealistic in it's characterisation anime can be. However it also shows how pretty it can look despite that.

Sy said:
Voices of a Distant Star is only half an hour long. So I don't know why they'd cut it up.

It's also a good example of how dull and unrealistic in it's characterisation anime can be. However it also shows how pretty it can look despite that.

It was a short film created by 1 person, I think it's pretty amazing with that said. :p

I admit it wasn't my cup of tea, even though the story premise was an interesting one, it was presented in a 'meh' mind of way, why would her commanding officers let the girl wear her old school uniform in her mech and why wouldn't they do anything about her sending unencrypted messages from an unorthorised mobile phone, they could easily be intercepted by the enemy? Nice premise, poor execution. :?

I have a lot of respect for the creator from a technical standpoint though.

Considering it was made on a G4 Mac, ( and I know how much they suck as I use them at work, ) over 4 years, only at night, using off the shelf software, you have to admit it was pretty impressive. OK so the mecha looked a 'little' false but come on. :wink:

Tasker said:
I admit it wasn't my cup of tea, even though the story premise was an interesting one, it was presented in a 'meh' mind of way, why would her commanding officers let the girl wear her old school uniform in her mech and why wouldn't they do anything about her sending unencrypted messages from an unorthorised mobile phone, they could easily be intercepted by the enemy? Nice premise, poor execution. :?

Considering it was made on a G4 Mac, ( and I know how much they suck as I use them at work, ) over 4 years, only at night, using off the shelf software, you have to admit it was pretty impressive. OK so the mecha looked a 'little' false but come on. :wink:

it's probually one of these shows that would make a great series if someone tried to make one

Ryo Chan said:
Tasker said:

it's probually one of these shows that would make a great series if someone tried to make one
It's definitly one of those shows that is the very first production premiered to the world by a fresh new producer/director, done in his spare time working for someone else. The very fact that it came out as good as it did under those circumstances is the extraordinary thing about Voices of a Distant Star, and to not recognise that is reprehensible. Even Miyazaki senior's first movie had problems and rough edges.

shh227 said:
Hey guys I was just wondering whats the epg number going to be for anime central?

Sadly you don't get your EPG until 7 dats before launch - but when they do both Mark at CSC and myself will send PR releases round every place we can and I'll post back here :).

beez_andrew said:
shh227 said:
Hey guys I was just wondering whats the epg number going to be for anime central?

Sadly you don't get your EPG until 7 dats before launch - but when they do both Mark at CSC and myself will send PR releases round every place we can and I'll post back here :).

Thanks, your a proper legend lol

LukasROAR said:
beez_andrew said:
shh227 said:

Thanks, your a proper legend lol

:0. Thats the rumor of it being channel 201 down the drain then. Hopefully a EVEN better spot. :D

:0. Thats the rumor of it being channel 201 down the drain then. Hopefully a EVEN better spot.

I heard this one too but don't believe it until I see it.

Sadly you don't get your EPG until 7 dats before launch - but when they do both Mark at CSC and myself will send PR releases round every place we can and I'll post back here

Cheers!

Jayme said:
:0. Thats the rumor of it being channel 201 down the drain then. Hopefully a EVEN better spot. :D
Don't know why. 201 is not being used so it's still plausable. I just hope it doesn't end up in the Kids listing.

Back