Anime UK News Winter 2014 Anime Preview Guide

Genkina Hito

映画男!!!
It’s going to get awfully cold with the onset of winter but fear not for Anime UK News have collected together a set of shows that are due to air over the winter and provide a great reason to stay indoors!

The Anime UK News Winter 2014 Anime Preview Guide is now up and contains an overview of some of the new shows that will air over the next two months. There are the inevitable sequels and light novel adaptations, a few reboots of treasured favourites (Sailor Moon) but there are also some excellent looking new properties. Check it out to see what you might be watching over the winter!

Nisekoi, Chunibyo S2 and Silver Spoon S2 are the three I'm looking forward to the most, but Space Dandy is definitely on my list.

Wizard Barristers - Benmashi Cecil sounds somewhat intriguing. Will have to at least try it out.

I see Japan's Nobunaga obsession continues too.

Hozuki no Reitetsu, Chunibyo S2, Sailor Moon & Space Dandy are definite viewings.

Magical Warfare, Hamatora, Nisekoi, Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha, Strange+, Noragami & Magical Warfare ..maybe, they sound interesting but we shall see...

Definites -
Space Dandy
Love Song of a Certain Pilot
Pupa

Possibles -
Mikakunin de Shinkoukei
Wake Up, Girls! (never seen an idol show before so this could be a first for me)
Nisekoi
Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha
World Conquest: Stratagem Star
Noragami

Re:

Genkina Hito said:
light novel adaptations... but there are also some excellent looking new properties.

You make it sound as though the light novel adaptations are excluded from the "excellent looking new properties". All one has to do is look at some of the light novel adaptations in the currennt season to see how much of a folly that is.

Re: Re:

kuuderes_shadow said:
Genkina Hito said:
light novel adaptations... but there are also some excellent looking new properties.

You make it sound as though the light novel adaptations are excluded from the "excellent looking new properties". All one has to do is look at some of the light novel adaptations in the currennt season to see how much of a folly that is.

Do I make it sound like they are excluded? I meant it in the sense that the trend for adapting light novels continues unabated alongside other familiar things like moe and titles that take place in a school.

"This season looks to have many familiar elements ... but there are also the usual sequels and adaptations of light novels, incest and ecchi, school-based comedies and moe"

I'm just listing common elements. I have nothing against school-based comedies, most of my favourite shows from this year come from that genre. I've also stated I highly anticipate Pupa (incest is a theme) and one of my favourite anime of all-time, Kino's Journey, is based on a light novel.

I made that post before looking at the actual article, which is fine in that respect. It was in response to the initial post of this thread/the article description on the main page of the site. Sorry if I came across as overly critical as a result.

kuuderes_shadow said:
I made that post before looking at the actual article, which is fine in that respect. It was in response to the initial post of this thread/the article description on the main page of the site. Sorry if I came across as overly critical as a result.

Fair enough. I am aware that lots of people with varying tastes visit this site so I cut back on the commentary and presented facts like filmographies. I'll update the article with more trailers when they are released.

So far I've got Space Dandy, Nisekoi, Witchcraft Works, Seitokai Yakuindomo 2, Silver Spoon 2 and A Love Song to a Certain Airship Pilot on my tentative watch list. I'll be continuing Yowapeda and Golden Time as well.

...I should really catch up on Kill la Kill and Samurai Flamenco if I want to continue them, still haven't made it past episode 1 for either! I just lost all momentum for them when I went up to Edinburgh.

I've got nothing on my books.

I'll continue watching Kill la Kill and Samurai Flamenco since I'm currently watching them.

I would watch Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions Season 2 but I have yet to watch Season 1 (Sentai's release should be around soon anyway).

Maken-Ki! Season 2 will be geo-locked but I've got Season 1 to watch for the time being.

I won't believe the hype for Space Dandy just yet, even if the director is fantastic (Macross Plus, Bebop and Champloo are amazing though).

I want to watch the Lupin III vs Conan movie since the Special was very good but who knows.

I'd forgotten about the new Lupin film. I actually thought the special was pretty terrible, but the crossover idea is interesting and it does look like lessons have been learned this time.

I'm actually in Japan just now and bought a title today for next season earlier - all rights actually and of course will be simulcast. Expect news on Friday morning about it :D.

Best,

Andrew

anime_andrew said:
I'm actually in Japan just now and bought a title today for next season earlier - all rights actually and of course will be simulcast. Expect news on Friday morning about it :D.

Best,

Andrew

Can't wait to find out what it is, wallet at the ready :D

Back