SAOII 01 (01) [CR] - Sat
ALDNOAH.ZERO 01 (01) [CR] - Sat
Barakamon 00 (01) [CR] - Sat
Akame ga Kill! 00 (01) [CR] - Sun
Hanayamata 00 (00) [00] - Mon
Zankyou no Terror 00 (00) [WK] - Thu10
Rokujouma 00 (00) [00] - Fri11
Tokyo ESP 00 (00) [00] - Fri11

Wasn't going to consider the Summer season due to home connection, but that all changed now and I've been watching these:

Akame ga Kill! - 7/10
Aldnoah.Zero - 8.5/10
Sword Art Online II - 8/10
Tokyo Ghoul - 8.5/10

I may consider a few other titles but for now I might as well go and watch previous seasons instead, like Haikyu!! and Kuroko no Basket Season 2.

Note: I'll be saving SMC until I have completed the original series.

NormanicGrav said:
Akame ga Kill! - 7/10
Aldnoah.Zero - 8.5/10
Sword Art Online II - 8/10
Tokyo Ghoul - 8.5/10
You scored Akame Ga Kill lower than SAO II's first episode? Do you enjoy nothing happening?

The reason why I gave it a 7 was because of the first half. Then again, SAO II should have been a 7 since a majority of it was drinking tea and eating cake.

Last time I followed a season streaming was before my burnout and I found it difficult to keep up with too many shows. Not to mention watching on discs as my free time is limited.

These are what I will be checking out. If I really, really enjoy a show I'll continue watching and buy the Blu-Ray when it's released. If I find a show mildly interesting, I'll wait for a potential DVD/Blu and watch the series then.

Terror In Resonance (Forgot to add originally!)
Akame Ga Kill
Aldnoah Zero
Sword Art Online
Argevollen
Glasslip (probably won't make it past episode 1)
Momo Kyun Sword (same as Glasslip)
Sailor Moon Crystal (Enjoyed episode 1 - never seen Sailor Moon before! Certainly can tell the creator of Utena was involved with Sailor Moon as the eye catches remind me of Utena)
Invaders of the Rokujyouma
Tokyo Ghoul
Barakaman
Rail Wars
Tokyo Esp

We have a strong summer season: Barakamon, Tokyo Ghoul, Aldnoah.Zero and Space Dandy all impressed me. Just have to watch Zankyou no Terror.

SAO II and Aldnoah have impressed me most based on the first eps.

I gave Argevollen a try too - but Christ did it feel slow. Might be my first casualty if it carries on that way.

My initial impressions on shows have been correct for the most part.

Really Enjoying:
Aldnoah.Zero (my favorite premiere this season!)
Akame ga Kill (Slayers vibes - always a good thing)
Terror In Resonance (very good - thought this would be my initial favorite)

Good:
Sailor Moon Crystal
Sword Art Online 2 (Please don't go rubbish again like the second half of season 1)

Will give a few more episodes:
Rokujyouma (Sliiiightly humorous)
Argevollen (so boring so far)
Tokyo Ghoul (no immediate excitement)
Tokyo Esp (no immediate excitement)

Dropped:
Momo Kyun Sword (dear God, no)
Glasslip (I thought this was about glass blowing and not a chicken? Even so, boring)
Barakaman (didn't grab me)
Rail Wars (no... just ridiculous... no)

Zankyou no Terror had a really good opening episode and Aldnoah.Zero has picked up a lot. Also started Yami Shibai Season 2 and Love Stage!!

I'm really not feeling Akame ga Kill - it feels cheap, with a few 'teases' of bloodiness to keep things rolling along. The character designs are nice, but it all feels so padded out with nothing much in particular. Where's the hook? Will give it a little while longer, but not convinced yet.

Lutga said:
I'm really not feeling Akame ga Kill - it feels cheap, with a few 'teases' of bloodiness to keep things rolling along. The character designs are nice, but it all feels so padded out with nothing much in particular. Where's the hook? Will give it a little while longer, but not convinced yet.

I felt much the same, it screams "generic"

What keeps me going with it is A) Manga readers hype as to whats to come & B) The dark tone to it, for example in episode 2 when the cat girl (name fails me) says that the girl whom the mission came from probably paid for Night Raid's help by selling her body

In regards to Summer 2014 Anime, I'm loving:

Terror In Resonance
Tokyo Ghoul
Barakamon

Liking so far but not as enjoyable as the top three:
Aldnoah.Zero
Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun
Free: Eternal Summer

So So:
Akame Ga Kill

Sailor Moon doesn't have a place cause regardless, I'm going to eat that show up. It just makes me happy.

Not started anything else, leaving Ao Haru Ride till its finished airing, maybe Glasslip too, heard more bad than good about it so far.

Last edited by a moderator:
Right, these are the final few I've picked for now:

Akame ga Kill!
Aldnoah.Zero
Sword Art Online II
Terror in Resonance
Tokyo Ghoul

Catalog titles I started or still continuing online:

Gintama
Haikyu!!
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders
Kuroko's Basketball - Season 2