Anime UK News Podcast?

I notice some audio podcasts play music as "breaks". Maybe we could do that with J-Pop and anime music.

In fact I've got a song that could be used for this, I consider it a rare and hard to find song from a rare and hard to find anime movie

if you plan to use music you'll have to look out for copyrights and stuffs. i've heard of podcasters getting in trouble over this. wouldnt want you to get in trouble .

3nvy said:
if you plan to use music you'll have to look out for copyrights and stuffs. i've heard of podcasters getting in trouble over this. wouldnt want you to get in trouble .

Seconded. Although I'm not sure that applies to MIDIs...I think our best bet might be to write our own music...

3nvy said:

Oh. Well anyway just so you know this song was in an anime movie that flopped so badly on it's test screenings 20 years ago in the US it never got a wide release

I'm liking the whole podcast idea, however all this music stuff might be a bit difficult. Composing your own songs for intermission? Composing your own jingle? Um. This would be pretty hard. I don't know anything about creating music but I don't think that it'll be easy.

I do love podcasts though and I will have a listen if one is made.

Difficult, yes. Impossible, no. It's surprisingly easy to make MIDIs - all you need is a MIDI keyboard or something and a fairly inexpensive (or free if you can find one) sequencer, either something like Finale which focuses on classical or jazz instruments, or a dance seqeuncer or something. If you wanted vocals you'd need some fairly substantial recording equipment, but really it's not that hard.

Ah, myself as the eternal optimist :D

Okay, I did a 21 minute practice podcast all by myself where I just read news and gave my opinions and talked about this weeks anime DVD releases.

Keep in mind I did this to brush up on my ability to do these even though if this podcast does happen it will probably be with other people, and it's not really an exact indicator of what the quality will be like for future podcasts. Like I said this is just practice

Enjoy

xxxhttp://www.megaupload.com/?d=H8UCDH6X

(be sure to remove the x's, Megaupload to my knowledge do not allow direct hotlinking)

Chib said:
Um, so how do you download from the site? Cannot find a link, even after waiting 45 seconds.

Odd, just when the 45 seconds is up a pop up box does show up but I click on the X to get rid ot it, then I click on "click here to download" then after about 10 seconds I get the box which asks me if I want to play it or download it.

I'd try again just incase

Well I listened and I think it has potential.

With a good structure, more features (which you mentioned) and more people (interaction included, maybe some Skype chats before hand would help you guys) this could be a pretty entertaining podcast.

By the way, don't write a script but as quite a few podcasts do you should write points that you want to include and set them out into segments. It gives it structure and cuts out internet browsing/speed reading.

well so far we have been trying to find a program that can record skype, i found one but it only works on mac's
i have only got grant's skype address and i am still waiting for the other two to get skype

so far we are 10% there lol

Back