Anime UK News is moving

chaos

The Boss
After years running under our current host, we finally took the hard decision to move. Many of our members constantly complain about not being able to access the website and the forums, so we are moving hosts expecting to fix this issue.
But moving host is not a simple task and unfortunately, it's not a painless task. Please expect a few issues during the next days to access AUKN, hopefully we will have everything sorted very soon.
Thanks for your continue support and check the site again in a couple days!

Seems to be going pretty well so far...

Somehow the downtime managed to remove my ð but I've fixed it and it doesn't seem to have brought the forum crashing down. :p

From what I've seen, it's clear Chaos favours raging homosexuals and young black men. This is a problem for me when I don't match-up to Chaos' tastes.

Lupus said:
Chaos favours me, I'm in the minority, when it happened to Aion and some others? No one cared.
I'm a minority myself and the only way to succeed is to stick together!!!

Aion said:
From what I've seen, it's clear Chaos favours raging homosexuals and young black men. This is a problem for me when I don't match-up to Chaos' tastes.
Are you feeling needy?

Otaku-san said:
most likely found a server linux side with a reasonable contract
Not much for the contract, but mainly because of many people complaining they needed a proxy to access the website. Which in my opinion is something that should never happen!

I did get a bargain host, but that's another story ;)

SundayMorningCall said:
people really have problems?

ive never had any!
You don't wanna know people's problems... ;)

I've faced this proxy issues myself, they appeared one day completely out of the blue and it went away after a couple days.
What is annoying is that as the website used to work for everyone else, this is a difficult issue to resolve.

That's why we decided to move hosts completely, which makes my life much easier.

evangelion rocks said:
Yay!Now I'll be able to get in to the site withou having to sit through a five minute lockup of my internets!^_^
I sure hope so, but let me know if you have any issues.

Have you done this change, or upgrade yet? Cause if you did I never felt a thing. but if you didn't that would be the reason why.

Every single time I click onto Anime News & Rumors and see this thread my first thought is that we're going to .com - Then a millisecond later, my brain works.

Change was done on Saturday, for some, the website was back in a couple hours, for others, it was down the whole Saturday.

I expect the website to be ok for everybody by tomorrow, which is the maximum expected time it takes to migrate a host and tell the whole internet it has changed.

Peachy for me. Wouldn't know the difference if you hadn't said. Accessed fine at home, on the move and at mother in law's this weekend.

R

Back