Anime Top Trumps

KingJimmeh

Magical Girl
I think this is best suited for here, but if not, feel free to move it.
---

Anyways, ilmaestro originally suggested this idea in the North/South Korea thread, and I thought it was a pretty awesome one, so put together this little discussion/event-type thread, which is that:

We're Gonna Create Some Anime Top Trumps Sets!

In Top Trumps, you get different sets, with each set having on average 30 cards. Each set is themed slightly differently, and while cards still have numeric points, the categories those points are assigned to differ between sets. My idea is that each Anime Set will be themed around a different genre, as a card featuring say "Goku" from DBZ would have different categories than say "Osaka" from a show like Azumanga Daioh. Though I think we could make a "Greatest Hits" type set at the end with the most popular characters, I'd rather have a number of themed sets first.

And yes, if this works out, and I find some templates, I may even try and make some of these :p

So the first thing we need to do is select what sets we want to make. So I need people to reply with up to 5 ideas for Genres/Themes to Base Sets On, and if you like one someone else has posted then say that you Seconded: Idea so I know what's popular. If you want to combine Genres that may use similarly themed categories on the cards, go for it.

This is are my ideas:
me said:
I think we should a Shounen/Action set, a Supernatural/Horror/Mystery set, Comedy/Slice-of-Life set, Mecha Set, and a Sci-Fi Set

If you like any of those, say you second them, or feel free to post your own ideas for sets that others can second :)

Manga VS Anime
Seinen
Tsundere (There are so many to compare!)
Seconded: Supernatural/Horror/Mystery
Seconded: Shonen

Probably one deck which would have a lot of cards and be relatively easy to think up categories for would be Mecha pilots. (you could include their Mech's strength as one of the categories). There'd be a lot of strong / evenly matched but diverse cards, but also a few hilariously weak ones.

Also, I second Villains.

Okay, don't think we're gonna get anymore ideas for this, so the popular Themes are:

Mecha Pilots
Villains
Tsundere
Supernatural/Horror/Mystery
Shounen

Now, we need some characters to go into these categories. So, nominate up to 5 characters for each group and if you see a character you like that just say that you second them (Seconding does not count to your five). The first 30 to be seconded in each group will go forward :)

Ah in that case then...

Mecha Pilot.

Sosuke Sagara- Full Metal Panic! (Full Metal Panic is always a fave)
Domon Kashu- G Gundam(Been on a G Gundam bent recently)
Guy Shinsoh- King of Braves: GaoGaiGar (It's me...what do you expect?)
Amuro Ray- Mobile Suit Gundam (can't do this without the original Gundam Pilot)
Koji Kabuto- Mazinger Z (Can't do this without the original Super Robot Pilot either)

Supernatural/ Horror/ Suspense

Dante - Devil May Cry
Devilman - ...Devilman

Shouen

Yoh Asakura - Shaman King
Ichigo Kurosaki- Bleach
Yoshina Ageha - Psyren

BlackWolf said:
Would we have to put up five characters from every group or just some of the groups? I could think up five for some of them but Tsundere? no chance.

Well Tsundere is always open to opinion, but here's some suggestions:
Asuka Langley Soryu (NGE)
Hitagi Senjogahara (Bakemonogatari)
Kagami Hiiragi (Lucky Star)
Kyou Fujibayashi (Clannad)
Louise Francoise Le Valliere (Louise the Zero)

There's 5 for a start and I can probably think of more... if needed? Im sure other people have suggestions.

Mecha Pilots:
Char Aznable, Gundam
Nekki Basara, Macross 7
Amami Haruka (yes it's the one from the iDOLM@STER), iDOLM@STER Xenoglossia
Haman Karn, Gundam
Second:Shishiou Gai (god tier eybrows), Gaogaigar
is Haro alowed?, Gundam

Villains:
Grace O`Connor, Macross Frontier
Fate Testarosa, Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha
Lelouch Vi Britania, code geass
Takano Miyo, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni
Kaitou Kid (conan)

Tsundere:
Katsura Hinagiku
"Maria"
Athena (so what if she's only apeared in two eps in a flashback), not sure how they romanised her maiden name don't have Eng vol 17 yet
Sanzenin Nagi
all sellf explanatory.
Li Syaoran (obligatory male tsundere, damn they're rare), CCS

Supernatural/Horror/Mystery:
Furude Rika (nipaa :D ), Higurashi no Naku Koro ni (Kai)
(Frederica?) Bernkastel("nipaa" :D),Umineko (and Higurashi Kai?) no Naku Koro ni (not certain if those are actualy seperate characters or not, it's unconfirmed)
"Ichihara Yuuko", xxxHoLiC
Mikawa "Mika" Fumika, shigofumi, not to be confused with Mikawa "Fumi-chan" Fumika
"Watanuki Kimihiro"xxxHoLic

Shounen:(who says shounen list need contain men)
Katsura Hinagiku, Hayate no Gotoku
Himemiya Chikane, Kannazuki no Miko
Kurusugawa Himeko, Kannazuki no Miko (yes it realy is shounen)
Konoe Konoka, Negima!
Mouri Ran (Rachel Moore, bloody altered names) , Conan (case closed)

Done... blegh checking speling for names takes ages

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers for the nominations we've had so far, and if you want to second anyone else's nominations, feel free to (Seconding isn't part of your nominations). You don't have second them, just the ones you like :)

We may need to get some people involved in this if we want to hit the target of 30 characters for each group, any ideas?

Aogu said:
Well Tsundere is always open to opinion, but here's some suggestions:
Asuka Langley Soryu (NGE)
Hitagi Senjogahara (Bakemonogatari)
Kagami Hiiragi (Lucky Star)
Kyou Fujibayashi (Clannad)
Louise Francoise Le Valliere (Louise the Zero)

There's 5 for a start and I can probably think of more... if needed? Im sure other people have suggestions.
Kagami is arguable, she's never actualy shown any deredere side at all, in canon she's just tsuntsun. Konata just says that to tease her.
Or she likes Tama, her goldfish.

Well, this way of doing nominations has fallen through. Guess we just don't have enough interested members around here to support doing it this. Any ideas on how we can continue? I could just make a list of who has been nominated so far and go from there. I was hoping to filter out that only 1 person thought should be in the set by having another person second the nomination.

I would just keep bumping it once every few weeks and see if you can pick up a couple of more suggestions. I know I haven't fully responded yet just from a lack of time.

Back