Anime on UK TV; yet more speculation

I think people are forgetting that Rapture is still a very unknown channel, and the only people that are going to find Elfen Lied are the ones that go looking for it. The chances of a mother stumbling across it and thinking "Oh, a cartoon for the kids!" are probably very low. Unless that mother is a journalist for the Daily Mail, but that's another story.

Ryo Chan said:
i absoultly hate horror shows like hellsing for example but even i quite enjoyed Elfen Lied

Apart from the as put child abuse, the worse part i saw of it was The dog being killed which may have to get cut

UK is a nation of animal lovers after all

Yeah, true. But, if its not over the top with it or its not mindlesly killing a dog, theres no reason to edit it at all.

I won't know because I haven't watched it yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
keyblade_master uk said:
Ryo Chan said:
i absoultly hate horror shows like hellsing for example but even i quite enjoyed Elfen Lied

Apart from the as put child abuse, the worse part i saw of it was The dog being killed which may have to get cut

UK is a nation of animal lovers after all

Yeah, true. But, if its not over the top with it or its not mindlesly killing a dog, theres no reason to edit it at all.

I won't know because I haven't watched it yet.

Well without spoiling it for you it would be fair to say it wasn't exactly a mercy killing.

I love how in this topic people are randomly blanking or not the same two spoilers - as if they can't make their mind up! XD

Now everyone knows that in Elfen Lied there's child abuse and a dog killing.

I blanked both. I am your censorship god!

Anyway let's see how this pans out. It could go either way. I wouldn't mind seeing FMOOFOOP though.

Don't underestimate over protective mothers :shock:

Some mums actully flick through every channel seeing if it's suitable for children mums are the being that can break a channel in the flick of a pen!

Espy said:
I love how in this topic people are randomly blanking or not the same two spoilers - as if they can't make their mind up! XD

Now everyone knows that in Elfen Lied there's child abuse and a dog killing.

Good point well made. The censoring has been a little erratic but in fairness it’s all been very vague anyway. No one can know who or what does these bad things to which children or animals and when or why they happen. If anything it may have either whet someone’s appetite for seeing the series or given them an indication that it might not be up their street.

I, for one, promise to improve my censoring from now on.

But will Elfen lieds' content will set it to a later time. And Full metal panic, I'll probably enjoy it.

But three more episode for FMA, Its getting so good and Wrath is a spoilt brat.

On an unrelated subject i've gotta say props to Rapture. I really didn't think they would show FMA in it's entirety.

good to see that FUMOFFU and elfen lied maybe on Rapture..if it is i'll probably watch them, FUMOFFU is a great for a good laugh but i haven't seen elfen lied so it maybe a good chance for me to have a look into it

I remember having my whole "Lets air Mahoromantic" Theroy shot down by "Contriveralality"ists...

...and yet they'll air Elfin Lied...

Ok, I laughed at that one OVA episode, cause it was funny (And "Nana's everyday life" was quite the read) ... the rest was a bit meh with me.

This will ether get Rapture some mad points or it will blow up fantasticly in thier faces.

Personaly, I hope Ofcom don't shove thier noses into this. We don't need more people saying it was them who screwed with Naruto, that was Jetix 100%.

Xelis said:
At least the 'Anime is just for kids' assumtion will go straight out the window with Elfen Lied.
The one misconception worse than "animé is just for kids" is that "animé is just for perverts and sadists".

But from what I've read, Elfin Leid is a pretty good series and not merely shocking just for the sake of it, even if it's not exactly something I'd choose to watch or recommend myself.

Disco Machine said:
All that hassle with Sky rubbish, and they respond with total CRAP like Elfen Lied? I don't even want them on the EPG anymore. ;)

And what, ruin the chance of pushing anime into a more universal Audience. Maybe Rapture now known, but Rapture are more confident than ever to show more anime since FMA was a huge sucess [more than Mezzo DSA or wolf rain, but still push the anime forward] and We'll be seeing more anime in the near future.

have you ever heard that a small man can make a huge difference.

Ryo Chan said:
Espy said:
keyblade_master uk said:
But three more episode for FMA, Its getting so good and Wrath is a spoilt brat.

This is when I feel stupid for buying the DVD releases.

i know the feeling

they were doing a good job at keeping just ahead of the episodes too :(
Yeah, then BAM. Four month wait. For a 13 volume series (plus movie), four months is a lot.

Anyway, back on topic. I think some people are forgetting that Rapture is a relatively unknown channel. It's right down at the bottom of the entertainment section of Sky. People aren't going to find it very easily. The only people who know what Rapture is are anime fans. So people should stop pinning their hopes of "mainstream anime" onto Rapture. It's hardly the BBC. It's not going to get much attention. Anime in the UK is, and will be for a while, a cult thing. Remember what happened to Naruto...

Back