Anime Network on the fall?

trumpster said:
AN have shows from ADV
AnimeNetwork is owned solely by ADV.

Back to what you guys have been saying about ADV shows on AC; I thought ADV have said they would let AC show their shows if they wanted to, I guess they wasn't all to bothered about the issue of competitiveness. As long as it bring anime to the nation.

Jayme said:
trumpster said:
AN have shows from ADV
AnimeNetwork is owned solely by ADV.
That would explain it then. :p

Not really got much chance to watch Anime Network anyway, it's on too early and there's only like 3 shows I'm interested in, all on weekends which means there's less than zero chance of catching them.

trumpster said:
Not really got much chance to watch Anime Network anyway, it's on too early and there's only like 3 shows I'm interested in, all on weekends which means there's less than zero chance of catching them.

AN is also on the weekdays now as well, though i don't have a clue to what shows are on due to how bad Sky's info service has been.

BlackWolf said:
trumpster said:

AN is also on the weekdays now as well, though i don't have a clue to what shows are on due to how bad Sky's info service has been.
It's all the ones that were on during the last season, I caught them for a few weekends when the channel started but I wasn't impressed, I didn't even like Guyver or Eva, despite being a huge mecha fan.

Not even watching AC anymore, I have the dvds of the only shows I wanna see and the others aren't great. Wolf's rain was a major dissapointment, lucky I checked it out before I wasted money on the dvds.

ill totally miss Neon Genesis Evangelion. im not really into the robot stuff but im actually enjoyin it. i bought the 1st and 2nd volume of the manga cus i woz enjoyin the anime. i like it.

i hope they dont dump the show.

well, instead of showing now shows, looks like they're determind to finish off Azumanga and pani pony by taking up both nights now

guess thats AN's veiwings with a serious drop for a few weeks

Ryo Chan said:
well, instead of showing now shows, looks like they're determind to finish off Azumanga and pani pony by taking up both nights now

guess thats AN's veiwings with a serious drop for a few weeks

More than likely, I don't know if they have shut down their site could be just fixing it up though.

I think it's taken a hit from animecentral and with no advertisement revenue it won't be able to finacially compete with animecentral either.

Their site is loading fine for me.

Looking at it logically, AN kicked off in June and they are now approaching the six month milestone and presumably, that's when their current deal with Propeller expires, and with recent events in mind, I'd speculate that they'll disappear at some point in January. It's a shame it has come to this, especially since we still haven't heard anything official from ADV.

Paul said:

Looking at it logically, AN kicked off in June and they are now approaching the six month milestone and presumably, that's when their current deal with Propeller expires, and with recent events in mind, I'd speculate that they'll disappear at some point in January. It's a shame it has come to this, especially since we still haven't heard anything official from ADV.

I suspect they have something lined up.

A deal with animecentral would be the most likely option or with some other channel.

Paul said:

even the whats on guide paul?

Ryo Chan said:
Paul said:

even the whats on guide paul?

Funny you should mention January after the 31st of December there is no listings for the Anime Network.

Of course this might be nothing, digiguide only update to a certain point each month but most channels have their time tables into mid-Febuary.

Back