Anime Limited updates and ideas - DRR / Gurren edition

Arrietty is a bad example since the US got a different dub (complete with name changes)... and it is set in Japan anyway.

They got the UK dub for Ni no Kuni (and other games which Side have worked on like Professor Layton), which was an odd thing really anyway considering that the main character comes from a stereotypically American town ^^;

megagold5 said:
Definitely need a signs/songs subtitle track. I go on murderous rampages when they don't show up. MURDEROUS.

We've asked for the track if it exists still - if not I'd need to look into the options. They're on the Beez DVDs too so maybe we can lift them from it - absolute worst case it's probably not the end of the world kind of situation as I'm not convinced the Japanese / US BDs had them either, but I'd like to jam them in if possible.

Packaging-wise, just about to send our designs off to the licensor - but you should be in for a treat. We're designing it in a way that is pretty cool, with an O-CARD around the rigid box with all the barcode, BBFC info etc on it so when you remove that you have a clean artbox. Can't wait to show folks it but obviously it has to be approved first!

Also - all the disc arts on the Limited Edition are different to the regular edition BD release too. Which is a very neat touch.

AP

anime_andrew said:
megagold5 said:
Definitely need a signs/songs subtitle track. I go on murderous rampages when they don't show up. MURDEROUS.

We've asked for the track if it exists still - if not I'd need to look into the options. They're on the Beez DVDs too so maybe we can lift them from it - absolute worst case it's probably not the end of the world kind of situation as I'm not convinced the Japanese / US BDs had them either, but I'd like to jam them in if possible.

Packaging-wise, just about to send our designs off to the licensor - but you should be in for a treat. We're designing it in a way that is pretty cool, with an O-CARD around the rigid box with all the barcode, BBFC info etc on it so when you remove that you have a clean artbox. Can't wait to show folks it but obviously it has to be approved first!

Also - all the disc arts on the Limited Edition are different to the regular edition BD release too. Which is a very neat touch.

AP

As I said before, the JP Box definitely doesn't have song subtitles mate.

Very good on you for putting the logos and other formalities on an info card. I'm pretty sure I suggested that to you ages ago, good that you took it on board and the package will be much better for it. Can't wait to see the work.

anime_andrew said:

Thanks for looking into it and thinking of other solutions, if the licensor doesn't have them any more. You said they are on the Beez DVD's and like I said previous, the US Bandai DVD's had them as well. The Japanese BD's wouldn't need them anyway seen as they were for the Japanese market and the US release wasn't a domestic release, just an import of the Japanese release.

anime_andrew said:

Clean art box, very nice. Can't wait to see it. Just wish MVM would do the same with the Fate/Zero art box.

Quick question. In an earlier post I asked if the 5.1 was lossless. You said it should be, but you would check. Any update on that?

Emulsion said:
Clean art box, very nice. Can't wait to see it. Just wish MVM would do the same with the Fate/Zero art box.

Quick question. In an earlier post I asked if the 5.1 was lossless. You said it should be, but you would check. Any update on that?

I thought MVM had based on the artworks they posted? Could be wrong though!

For 5.1, looking into now but like I say, working with the original stems sent over so I imagine it is. Sorry for delay just a hundred and one projects on the go at once to juggle!

Best,

Andrew

anime_andrew said:
How has such a revolutionary idea not been implemented before?

I wonder, for the very rare standard amaray releases, what would the possibilities be of a reversible cover that features the main cover art without the logos (if extra pieces of artwork aren't available)?

anime_andrew said:
megagold5 said:

AP
I'm not well informed when it comes to packaging types, but what's an O-Card?
Is it something which will slide over the top of the box (Like the Game of Thrones sets if anyone has those), or is it like the wraparound on the box like Aniplex did with Fate/Zero and the Blue Exorcist Movie?
Thank you very much for providing a way around having a box with an ugly BBFC logo on it.

anime_andrew said:
I thought MVM had based on the artworks they posted? Could be wrong though!

Well the ark work for the art box has been posted, but it has their logo, age rating and Blu-ray logo on.

anime_andrew said:
Sorry for delay just a hundred and one projects on the go at once to juggle!

Not a problem. We understand you are busy. I just appreciate that you make the time to read the forums and, not only post updates but also ask for opinions and feed back. Can't say the same for the other companys. I'm sure others on here think the same.

Mangaranga said:
I'm not well informed when it comes to packaging types, but what's an O-Card?
Is it something which will slide over the top of the box (Like the Game of Thrones sets if anyone has those), or is it like the wraparound on the box like Aniplex did with Fate/Zero and the Blue Exorcist Movie?
Thank you very much for providing a way around having a box with an ugly BBFC logo on it.

Yep, an O-card is the thin cardboard wrap that can slide off (with openings at either end) like the UK GoT sets. I was enlightened back when my Summer Wars BD (US version) came without one and I had to make an 'O-card replacement request' ^^;

The Aniplex wraparounds are called obi.

Andrew's idea sounds very pretty.

R

Andrew, I know you're probably still pending licensor approval with your designs, but do you have any idea when we'll see a mock up of the full package/artwork for TTGL?

Mangaranga said:
Andrew, I know you're probably still pending licensor approval with your designs, but do you have any idea when we'll see a mock up of the full package/artwork for TTGL?

We submit everything (artbook and all) on Friday this week all going well - so I'd expect to have revisions etc wrapped up within two weeks. So no later than the end of April in worst case really - as I am very, very keen on the rigid cover we're using so will be fighting to keep it no matter what!

Andrew

Joshawott said:
anime_andrew said:
Apart from the Beez digipacks (e.g. Durarara, Sora no Woto and Code Geass) with clean artwork and the information on a slip that went under the shinkwrap, and more recently, Manga's Akira Steelbook?

Shiroi Hane said:
Joshawott said:
anime_andrew said:
Apart from the Beez digipacks (e.g. Durarara, Sora no Woto and Code Geass) with clean artwork and the information on a slip that went under the shinkwrap, and more recently, Manga's Akira Steelbook?
The digipacks still had the BBFC logo on them. Although I think they were small stickers.

So, 6 weeks until TTGL Ultimate set is due to launch and we still don't know the exact specifications or have yet to see the artwork/design. Anyone else expecting a delay?

anime_andrew said:
Mangaranga said:

We submit everything (artbook and all) on Friday this week all going well - so I'd expect to have revisions etc wrapped up within two weeks. So no later than the end of April in worst case really - as I am very, very keen on the rigid cover we're using so will be fighting to keep it no matter what!

Andrew

So we're getting close to worst case scenario territory :wink:

I asked Andrew about the song/signs subtitle track at MCM yesterday and he said that it will be included.

Good times.

My blade rests. For now.

Sinthetic said:
Assuming Andrew wants us to help out with QC (which he should), it's cutting very fine now.

100% expect a couple of months delay.

Belated but yep - had to get the correct discs prepared. Got them in now, done a baseline NAV QC to make sure every episode / extra plays so I can breathe easy there.

Sorting clones of the discs and emails to the final short list of people next week when the Kickstarter is out of the way!

Best,

AP

Back