Anime Limited Reveals Patema Inverted's Ultimate Edition Art

jonno394

Za Warudo
Artwork unveiled for the Patema Inverted (Ultimate Edition)

Patema Update

All looks and sounds good, love the fact there is a seperate O Card for all the info then removing it and then the same clean artwork underneath

wonder what size this will be (TTGL size to incorporate the artboox or Beebop/DRRR! size and artbook seperately)

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/al ... tion/posts

edit - admittedly I prefer the original artwork used during teh kickstarter but I am more than happy with the current art.

Re: The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

britguy said:
Patema Update

All looks and sounds good, love the fact there is a seperate O Card for all the info then removing it and then the same clean artwork underneath

wonder what size this will be (TTGL size to incorporate the artboox or Beebop/DRRR! size and artbook seperately)

edit - admittedly I prefer the original artwork used during teh kickstarter but I am more than happy with the current art.

Yikes, that new cover is terrible, and I mean, TERRIBLE. I backed the UE simply because I thought the artwork looked far classier and swish than the regular edition. Now this looks like some thrown together photo shop crap. Shame, now I have to choose between the big standard regular edition with the far nicer artwork but no physical extras or the UE with all the physical extras but **** cover. *SIGH* WHYYYYYYY AL!? I thought you had standards! *sigh*

LtDiscotek said:
britguy said:
Patema Update

Yikes, that new cover is terrible, and I mean, TERRIBLE. I backed the UE simply because I thought the artwork looked far classier and swish than the regular edition. Now this looks like some thrown together photo shop crap. Shame, now I have to choose between the big standard regular edition with the far nicer artwork but no physical extras or the UE with all the physical extras but **** cover. *SIGH* WHYYYYYYY AL!? I thought you had standards! *sigh*

U wouldn't Happen to be the same guy who posted this Same sounding critique on fb and the ks? Lol

The art used during the ks was never final. They stated this. Chances are they didn't get approval on it.

LtDiscotek said:
britguy said:
Patema Update

Am I the only person who remembers the first stretch goal?
"For our first stretch goal, we would like to commission a one-off design by the original character designer Ryusuke Chayama to make the box art even more unique! This means, a unique Patema Inverted Kickstarter Definitive Edition release only - not available outside this Kickstarter!

We've already got the commission lined up and and already agreed the fee required to make this happen. So now all we need is to hit the first stretch goal of £25,000 and it's in the bag!"
Did I completely miss an update and this didn't happen or did AL have that cover specially commissioned? I'm not gonna say it's ****, it gets the job done, but if you paid extra the artist phoned it in :p

Yeah it's definitely the commissioned work which was the first stretch goal. I like it.

After an incredibly successful Kickstarter campaign earlier this year, Anime Limited were able to fully fund an "Ultimate Edition" release of Yasuhiro Yoshiura's theatrical feature Patema Inverted.

Today, the distributor released an update regarding the Ultimate Edition release confirming some details on the progress of their work on the release. Sadly, they did note that the recent news of a delay to Gurren Lagann's Ultimate Edition has affected this release as well and that backers will be receiving their copies towards the end of October, which is still before the general release. The digital backer rewards will also be available around that time as well. Other backer rewards, such as mugs and quad posters will hopefully be sent out next week.

They also provided pictures of artwork for the title (but note that it has not yet been approved and is subject to change):

2014-09-12Patema%20Inverted%20Ultimate.jpg

2014-09-12Patema%20Inverted%20Ultimate%202.jpg

2014-09-12Patema%20Ultimate%20book.jpg

Anime Limited will be releasing Patema Inverted on DVD and blu-ray on 3rd November 2014.

Re: Anime Limited Reveals Patema Inverted's Ultimate Edition

I do regret having to pull my pledge for this, because it does look lovely.

britguy said:
Yeah it's definitely the commissioned work which was the first stretch goal. I like it.
Ah thanks for clearing that up :) I honestly don't mind it either but i think people's hate for it is coming from the fact both the mock up Ultimate/Collector's edition and even the standard amaray version had far better artwork :(

EDIT: Actually the commissioned artwork was exclusive to the Ultimate Edition. I can't wait to see the artwork for the collector's Edition (the one I backed).

I cannot wait for this, should be the same size as the TTGL set I believe.

Having this, TTGL and Giovannis Island on display on top of my collection by the end of the year...cannot wait for all 3.

I pre-ordered the ultimate edition from AL's store, blind buy, but it seems that, in regards to the edition itself I will not regret it. Love it.

Gah, credits block on the front! My biggest pet peeve with movie covers! :p

I like the commissioned art a lot, this looks like a very nice release indeed. I would have liked this artwork to be featured somewhere on the packaging as it's my single favourite promotional art from the film, but meh. Looking forward to receiving it.

Ath said:
Gah, credits block on the front! My biggest pet peeve with movie covers! :p

I like the commissioned art a lot, this looks like a very nice release indeed. I would have liked this artworkto be featured somewhere on the packaging as it's my single favourite promotional art from the film, but meh. Looking forward to receiving it.

I believe it's getting an o-card, so the actual cover should be free from them :p

Cha, you're right indeed Ath. I have no clue what this anime is, but whoever made the decision to put that uninspired choice of artwork on the cover instead of that truly lovely piece you linked, this is for you:

Last edited by a moderator:

vashdaman said:
Cha, you're right indeed Ath. I have no clue what this anime is, but whoever made the decision to put that uninspired choice of artwork on the cover instead of that truly lovely piece you linked, this is for you:

I presume that art work was the piece the creator drew for the Ultimate edition.

Last edited by a moderator:

LtDiscotek said:
britguy said:
Patema Update

Well firstly I do have standards - in fact I also have feelings and obviously they're feeling a bit aback by people's reactions. I actually really liked what was done and I'm sorry people feel this way over it - let me see about it and I'll discuss in house though. We paid for the usage for specifically this edition though so if we don't use it here, it's basically wasted so I have to think very hard on the logical course of action. Watch this space and let me get back to folks as I have a few ideas :).

Le sigh.

Best,

Andrew

Andrew, i'm sure there are many people who like the artwork who have not poked their heads up to comment on the artwork. I'd wager you are just dealing with a very vocal minority.

I for one am more than happy with the design decisions you have made. It caught me off guard at first as I was expecting the artwork you showed back at the start of the KS, and I completely forgot about the unique artwork target goal. However, once I got past my surprise I rather like it. I think your choice of orange for the spine goes well with the very industrial looking design of the artwork and the clean art looks amazing.

The user you have posted is the same user to have posted on your FB. Looking at FB there is plenty of positivity about the artwork and disagreement with said poster, and if you look in our own thread in the news section here there is a lot of positivity too, so don't take it too personally.

Clearly you can't please everyone, but at the end of the day they have already paid for the product so it's not like they'll cancel their orders..... ;)

edit - If push comes to shove and you're looking to appease what I believe to be a minority, would something like replacing the artwork on simply the O Card be possible? Leave everything else the same, just revert the O Card to the something closer to this http://i.imgur.com/YifBcrp.png ?

i'm not fussed either way, and i'm happy with what you've already shown :)

britguy said:
Andrew, i'm sure there are many people who like the artwork who have not poked their heads up to comment on the artwork. I'd wager you are just dealing with a very vocal minority.

I for one am more than happy with the design decisions you have made. It caught me off guard at first as I was expecting the artwork you showed back at the start of the KS, and I completely forgot about the unique artwork target goal. However, once I got past my surprise I rather like it. I think your choice of orange for the spine goes well with the very industrial looking design of the artwork and the clean art looks amazing.

The user you have posted is the same user to have posted on your FB. Looking at FB there is plenty of positivity about the artwork and disagreement with said poster, and if you look in our own thread in the news section here there is a lot of positivity too, so don't take it too personally.

Clearly you can't please everyone, but at the end of the day they have already paid for the product so it's not like they'll cancel their orders..... ;)

edit - If push comes to shove and you're looking to appease what I believe to be a minority, would something like replacing the artwork on simply the O Card be possible? Leave everything else the same, just revert the O Card to the something closer to this http://i.imgur.com/YifBcrp.png ?

i'm not fussed either way, and i'm happy with what you've already shown :)

True - and it was the catch-22 of using an actual artwork instead of summarising or such I guess! As you guessed - I'm trying to work out something that makes sense WRT the o-card for backers now too as I don't want people to feel put out or such so let me see what I can do there I guess especially as while a minority, it's one who I want to try to placate at least :).

AP

I'm not a fan of the new artwork (sorry Andrew!), but if it could be tweaked to just have Patema featured I'd be much happier. The other two characters really don't need to be there. To be honest, I would prefer the inner bit (is it the cover of the book? - I'm not sure) to just have Age featured, rather than Age and his classmates. That way you'd have the outer artwork with just Patema, and the inner artwork with just Age.

The film is very much about the two of them, after all!

Back