Status
Not open for further replies.
And... put a fork in me, I am done! I made a fourth and final £100+ order today from the AlltheAnime 12 Days Sale, using the 15% Off code, for a grand total of 20 titles during the sale. Only one title is a Standard release; the rest are all Collector's Editions. There goes all my shelf space! o_O

Order_1.png

Order_2.png

Order_3.png

Order_4.png

ONE OF US
ONE OF US
ONE OF US

I spent way too much this sale and also made a final order with My Hime, Gundam Unicorn CE, Boogiepop and Promised Neverland to get free shipping.

I'm gonna be in unboxing heaven in a few days 🤤

I guess they will be shipping out most all the in-stock items from orders that include the EB pre-orders, so I'll probably be getting quite a few titles lost in the international Holiday shipping crunch. My first order place on the first day of the sale has shipped already, so I may get lucky and get those titles before Christmas, but there's been no tracking update since the original dispatch date, so they may have been swallowed up already. ♪♫Hello April my Old Friend...♫♪ 😯

Well, finally made a decision. Waited for Seraph and ended up skipping it for now, may reverse that before the early bird ends or leave it till sometime next year right now, and focused on a few from Anime Limited.

5 Centimetres Per Second Steelbook
My-Hime CE
Cardcaptor Sakura CE
Kokkoku: Moment By Moment CE (Stock reappeared so kind of snapped it up)
Blood-C UE

I blame Cardcapter and Blood-C for stopping me buying anything else, those things are expensive, but of all the early birds I think them and My-Hime seemed the most interesting to me, baring Seraph which I know about but can always leave till later, what with a March release date that probably means May or June. Haha.
Plus I did get a few other interesting titles from MVM.

Girls Beyond the Wasteland (Blu-ray)
Invaders Of The Rokujyoma (Blu-ray)
Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun CE
Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse (Blu-ray)

So I think it's a good haul all in all. Now if only my wallet would stop crying...

Well, if everyone else is going to confess:
The Familiar of Zero - Season 3 Collection (15) Blu-Ray £3.99
The Familiar of Zero - Season 2 Collection (15) Blu-Ray £3.99
The Familiar of Zero - Season 4 Collection (15) Blu-Ray £3.99
Girls Beyond the Wasteland Collection (12) Blu-Ray £3.99
The Familiar of Zero - Season 1 Collection (12) Blu-Ray £3.99
Bodacious Space Pirates Collection (PG) Blu-Ray £4.99
The Eccentric Family - Season 1 Collection (12) DVD £2.99
Heaven's Memo Pad Collection (12) DVD £2.99
10 Disc Pot Luck MVM Bundle (18) Blu-Ray £7.99
Dream Eater Merry Complete Collection (12) DVD £1.99
Waiting in the Summer Complete Collection (15) DVD £3.99
Seitokai Yakuindomo Collection [S1, S2 & Movie] (18) Blu-Ray £29.99
Photo Kano Collection (15) DVD £1.99
Sasami-San@Ganbaranai Collection (15) DVD £1.99
Kanon Collection (tbc) DVD £23.99
Girlish Number Collection (12) Blu-Ray £3.99
RE-KAN! Collection (12) DVD £1.99
Total MVM: £108.83
===============================================================
Blu-ray Mystery Box - RED VERSION - 12 Days of Christmas 2021 × 1 £39.99
Love Live! Sunshine!! Season 2 - Blu-ray × 1 £8.99
Aldnoah.Zero Season 2 - Blu-ray Collector's Edition × 1 £4.99
Show By Rock!! - Blu-ray/DVD × 1 £14.99 (BOGOF)
Sound! Euphonium - Blu-ray × 1 £14.99 (BOGOF)
Cardcaptor Sakura - Collector's Edition Blu-ray × 1 £89.99
Magic Knight Rayearth: Part 2 - Blu-ray Collector's Edition × 1 £21.99
Magic Knight Rayearth: Part 1 - Blu-ray Collector's Edition × 1 £21.99
Total AL: £202.93

Tried to be frugal. Alas, this lead to me missing out on GATE £7.99. The fates are cruel, for Kuroneko's true form is hidden within~

In the end, decided on Boogiepop, Kakegurui, Geass and Kaiba. The latter two conflicted me greatly given my increasing concern regarding £200 Eva, whilst also irked by AL's radio silence. I am not at all fond of paying in advance to an unreliable company, even if their cancellation customer service is swift and helpful..That, and already own Geass import trilogy steelbook + AL CE of 4th one. The allure of a complete set of same region, in a box, won out. Can send my kyoudai the steelbook, I suppose. Kaiba is a show I've kinda-sorta had on my list for a decade, and never bothered due to how Tezuka-weird-basic the artsyle is. I'm fond of Yuasa's work, though, and it's rated well enough. At this stage need something quirky, with plentiful 2D animation, to attract my gaze. Boogiepop I know is arsty-horror, and anime has few actual horrors not of the isekai variety. Kakekurui I just want to see Yumeko's black tights, hear her make orgasm noises and enjoy the music.

I'm verrrrry iffy about the 31st Jan release dates. Sure a few early birdies share that same date. If AL do their usual delay shenanigans, on top of already kindasorta delaying a few beyond xmas, will cancel. This time I've made sure to use my debit card. Had I done so with Eva UE, cancelled in spite that would most certainly be.

I also ordered Zeta + Ajin S2 from BUGOFF, and Tamako Kyotomoe. The only two animation stuidos worth a toss for TV series are ufotable and Kyoto. Problem with Kyoto is they go all-in on cute girl moe, with little anything else. Had quick look at Tamako and, besides bird-thing being on top of a girl's head, I have no idea. Maybe I'm too old and weary for Japanese cartoons and cannot grasp the underlying meaning. Still, I can profit on CeX and can relate to a talking, pervy **** of a bird a surprising amount.

So, that's me done. No mystery boxes, and despite some temptation over FMP Invis Xebecehhh and Bartender, didn't order anything else from the £20 range.

For me the sale has all been about the early birds. Blood-C, My-Hime, Kaiba, Cardcaptor Sakura, Boogiepop Phantom, El-Hazard and Kakegurui. And from MVM Air and Kanon. Will almost certainly also get whichever MVM early bird gets announced tomorrow.

I'm verrrrry iffy about the 31st Jan release dates. Sure a few early birdies share that same date. If AL do their usual delay shenanigans, on top of already kindasorta delaying a few beyond xmas, will cancel. This time I've made sure to use my debit card. Had I done so with Eva UE, cancelled in spite that would most certainly be.

Unfortunately, I really don't expect any of the Early Birds to actually ship until after multiple delays into April at the earliest, or maybe even June. Am I not being realistic here? 😛

Last edited:
In the end, (it doesn't even matter, butHybridTheorywassuchagreatalbum :p ) I got the following:

MVM:

SoniAni: Super Sonico the Animation Blu-ray
The Familiar of Zero Season 1 Blu-ray
The Familiar of Zero Season 2 Blu-ray
The Familiar of Zero Season 3 Blu-ray
The Familiar of Zero Season 4 Blu-ray

Anime Limited:

Belladonna of Sadness 4K UHD/regular Blu-ray Combo Pack Limited Edition with Companion Book Bundle
Boogiepop Phantom Blu-ray CE
Cardcaptor Sakura TV Blu-ray CE
Gurren Lagann TV Blu-ray
Psychic School Wars Blu-ray/DVD Combo Pack CE
The Tatami Galaxy Blu-ray and Night is Short, Walk on Girl Blu-ray

I also bought the AL Standard BD of Neon Genesis Evangelion from Amazon, after cancelling my UE order :)

In the end, (it doesn't even matter, butHybridTheorywassuchagreatalbum :p

I also bought the AL Standard BD of Neon Genesis Evangelion from Amazon, after cancelling my UE order :)

'Twas indeed a great album. One of few things I enjoyed listening to, as wee one. The emu years. Still like the background music and clear lyrics/beat even now, though.

With the way Eva Ultimate going, this 'In the End of Evangelion' AMV best conveys the mood regarding inevitable delay/AL's stance: it doesn't even matter~

I'm actually surprised this is all I went for for this AllTheAnime XMAS Sale. I scanned 2x back forth on the site thinking what else to add but nothing else came to mind. Kakegurui had always been a high priority so that is easy. I also wanted to check out Promised Neverland for quite sometime (+ good value using discount code)
My MVM purchase was just as small. Oh well ¯\(ツ)

AllTheAnime - Christmas Sale Purchase

Product imageDescription
Kakegurui Season 1 Collector's Edition Blu-ray (with exclusive bonus playing card set)
Kakegurui Season 1 Collector's Edition Blu-ray (with exclusive bonus playing card set)
The Promised Neverland - Blu-ray Collector's Edition

Last edited:
For MVM that Ones that are marked 25% off and what ever Such as death parade are those Prices only Temporary ?
These aren't part of the sale, it's pre-release/new release price. These change to 20% on the 1st after they've been released. So for example Death Parade will remain at 25% until the 31st.

Picked up from MVM

Girlish Number Blu-ray
Matoi the Sacred Slayer Blu-ray
Invaders of the Rokujyoma Blu-ray
Tsuritama DVD

Still deciding what I want from AL

There's a few EB I'd like but I also think half of them will end up in the sale for a fraction of the price in a year or 2, just like a bunch in this years sales. 🤔

AllTheAnime - Christmas Sale Purchase

Product imageDescription
Kakegurui Season 1 Collector's Edition Blu-ray (with exclusive bonus playing card set)'s Edition Blu-ray (with exclusive bonus playing card set)
The Promised Neverland - Blu-ray Collector's Edition's Edition

Are you me? :D

TPN Season 1 is really good if you've not seen it yet, well worth a watch. There is no season 2 though, shame 🤣

My order:

PY7hi65.png

In the end, decided on Boogiepop, Kakegurui, Geass and Kaiba. Boogiepop I know is arsty-horror, and anime has few actual horrors not of the isekai variety. Kakekurui I just want to see Yumeko's black tights, hear her make orgasm noises and enjoy the music.

Lol, got a good chuckle from both of those two comments. Boogiepop and Kakegurui were my two primary goals in the EB sale, along with Blood_C.

Praise be! My FedEx parcel has arrived (only a week late). So, who want's to know what was in the red mystery......
oh well.
I checked this morning and the Blue box had sold out. Very slow sales and I think AL might have to NOT send them out so soon next year, and spoil the surprise (or keep using the useless FedEx Next Day service). Two more from them on the way, maybe they'll make it by Christmas. Not holding my breath.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back