Status
Not open for further replies.

So I need to buy Red to get Kings Season 1!! Thank you!!!

Well; this is all the identifier I had.
I’d caution to check against someone else’s delivery, but I was expecting there to have been a whole bunch of people posting their haul by the time I got back from work.
No coloured slip listing titles, no xmas card, no tea towel, no ads or leaflets. Just air pockets for packing and bubblewrap. And artistic biro:
41FF30DA-9B35-4F01-BB56-FFD0DDD0D8B9.jpeg

When does MVM's early bird offer change? I wanted to get Fate Stay Night UWB CE but wouldn't be able until Wednesday...
As mentioned by WMD it's usually monday.
But I belive you are actually looking (UBW CE) at one of the many EB that they have brought back for 12 days of christmas, so I suspect it will be on until the 12th.
But haven't actually checked with MVM.

Hi everyone,

Just joined.

I got back into Anime about 6 years ago and have bought steadily.

As expected I have bought from the sales but All the Anime are a bit more expensive than last year. I got Twin Tail, Shimoneta, Psycho Pass 2 and Empire of the Corpses. All were less than £5. This year they're £10+. I see Shimoneta has sold out!

This year my wait has been rewarded though and I'm happy with Full Metal Panic, Chrono Crusade and Blood Lad at great prices. Thought Gurren Lagann DVD was a steal at £10.
I'll buy DVDs because they're cheaper.

Still thinking of Konosuba 2 but can't really see a bogof to go with it. Plus I didn't think 1 was that good.
Never got into Attack on Titan but considering Junior High.

Any thoughts?

Btw my MVM stuff has been shipped already 😀

Hi everyone,

Just joined.

As expected I have bought from the sales but All the Anime are a bit more expensive than last year. I got Twin Tail, Shimoneta, Psycho Pass 2 and Empire of the Corpses. All were less than £5. This year they're £10+. I see Shimoneta has sold out!

This year my wait has been rewarded though and I'm happy with Full Metal Panic, Chrono Crusade and Blood Lad at great prices. Thought Gurren Lagann DVD was a steal at £10.

Still thinking of Konosuba 2 but can't really see a bogof to go with it. Plus I didn't think 1 was that good.

Any thoughts?

Welcome to the forum dude :)

Something of a wet fart, this Xmas sale, if we're being honest. Much like Black Friday, just a way for stock no-one previously wanted to be wanted, via the masquerade of bargain hunting.

No coincidence the care put into cards detailing why such and such are included in mystery boxes hath been replaced by.... writing 'red' on the outside of the box. Soulless now, in truth.

I did pick up Zeta pt1/2 BUGOF, though. Already own original Gundamu, so made sense. Can't deny there's not value in the Gundams. 'Tis however a pity most are non-UC ehhhh. I can live without Mari Okada's take on mecha, the bishie one and the Toonami one.

Hi everyone,

Just joined.

Any thoughts?

Moshi Moshi.

Had you watched much, prior to 6 years ago? If not, you are still nought but a babe yet to find its way amidst a sea of Japanese cartoons, then. I shalt offer my guiding hand on the path to eventual despair~
And thank you for asking for my thoughts. DVDs need to die a faster death unless sold for £1.99, and even then, I hesitate. Why do I hesitate, you ask? 'Tis because higher resolutions have spoiled meeeeee.

If you didn't find Kazuma going "Yo ;)" to Darkness, conveying lustful alpha male energy whilst insisting on his back rubbed, nothing else KonoSuba does will resonate with you. 'Tis very hit 'n miss as a series, alternating between the highs of pervy lulz and the lows of headless villainy.

Oh, and Aion's a cool smirking guy, in Chrno Crusade. You'll like him. Or else.
Don't consider AoT Junior High. It's as funny as that Naruto spinoff where Rock Lee steps in poopie.

Last edited:
Something of a wet fart, this Xmas sale, if we're being honest. Much like Black Friday, just a way for stock no-one previously wanted to be wanted, via the masquerade of bargain hunting.

Moshi Moshi.

Had you watched much, prior to 6 years ago? If not, you are still nought but a babe yet to find its way amidst a sea of Japanese cartoons, then. I shalt offer my guiding hand on the path to eventual despair~
And thank you for asking for my thoughts. DVDs need to die a faster death unless sold for £1.99, and even then, I hesitate. Why do I hesitate, you ask? 'Tis because higher resolutions have spoiled meeeeee.

If you didn't find Kazuma going "Yo ;)" to Darkness, conveying lustful alpha male energy whilst insisting on his back rubbed, nothing else KonoSuba does will resonate with you. 'Tis very hit 'n miss as a series, alternating between the highs of pervy lulz and the lows of headless villainy.
I jumped in feet first. I've already ordered the 2 titles. Sucker for a title that costs me less than £10.
I'm up to about 250+ titles. My buying took of after giving up cigarettes.

I have a decent TV but I really don't see the difference in picture quality so DVDs suit me.

Re the sale, I feel bad for some of the posters I've read. Somebody hoped for Mysteria Girls, I got it this year from MVM for less than its on sale now. ATA had Space Dandy 1+2 DVD for£10 earlier this year but they're on sale for more than that.

Thanks for the welcome.

Question for me is: do I wait for Boogiepop, put that, Kaiba and CCS in the cart - 15% or do I checkout now, only with Bartender instead and call it a day (or a sale, rather).

Deliberating... Or just all of the above, really, why not.

I pray that they don't add new stuff to existing categories of the sale in the meantime... And kinda pray that they do

cries

January for Kaiba is a nice surprise. Guessing it actually means July.

Question for me is: do I wait for Boogiepop, put that, Kaiba and CCS in the cart - 15% or do I checkout now, only with Bartender instead and call it a day (or a sale, rather).

Deliberating... Or just all of the above, really, why not.

I pray that they don't add new stuff to existing categories of the sale in the meantime... And kinda pray that they do

cries

January for Kaiba is a nice surprise. Guessing it actually means July.
Definitely wont add more stuff... Only the eb of course

Before I update the first post that details this year's mystery box, did anyone else receive one of the set to confirm the contents? I only ask because I'm pretty sure someone said they bought the two sets but the contents were the other way round (Red box with Blue titles, Blue box with Red titles).

Well; this is all the identifier I had.
I’d caution to check against someone else’s delivery, but I was expecting there to have been a whole bunch of people posting their haul by the time I got back from work.
No coloured slip listing titles, no xmas card, no tea towel, no ads or leaflets. Just air pockets for packing and bubblewrap. And artistic biro:

Taking cues from Apple’s minimalism…

Like you though, I’m very curious to see people start posting their hauls.

Before I update the first post that details this year's mystery box, did anyone else receive one of the set to confirm the contents? I only ask because I'm pretty sure someone said they bought the two sets but the contents were the other way round (Red box with Blue titles, Blue box with Red titles).
You may be thinking of me earlier stating my surprise that the ‘colour scheme’ of the contents seemed at odds with how the box was labelled.
But this has me second-guessing myself, as I didn’t document it due to the expectation that there would already be other posts and discussions here. So; I’d also like someone else to confirm and put my mind at rest!
Theres been a bunch of listings for some titles pop up on eBay, so presumably at least a few people have opened theirs.

Not arrived for me although got the dispatch notice super early with an esitmation that was essentially next day(Friday) (and part of me also suspect AllTheAnime payed for next day), it's coming via FedEx and as far as I can tell they haven't work out they have to pick up the parcel first, so no idea when it will arrive for me.

Not arrived for me although got the dispatch notice super early with an esitmation that was essentially next day(Friday) (and part of me also suspect AllTheAnime payed for next day), it's coming via FedEx and as far as I can tell they haven't work out they have to pick up the parcel first, so no idea when it will arrive for me.
Me too, sort of. I got the ATA despatch email on Thursday lunchtime, and a Fedex late on Friday telling me it'll arrive on Monday.

I just got Belladonna on BD the other month, now I'm reading that they've got a 4k coming. 🤷‍♂️ Oh well.

It'd be nice if they could port over some of the Gundam 4Ks that Japan is seeing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back