Anime Limited & MVM's 12 Days of Christmas 2020: 1st-12th Dec | 9:30am MVM, 5:00pm AL

I was lucky to pick up a copy from CEX (although the first one got cancelled but it came back into stock to allow me to reorder), but the 2 copies they had showing have both gone.

Might be worth setting up a stock alert in case they get hold of any more copies (although very much doubtful considering the low price they are offering to buy them)
Thanks, good tip, will do that.

Another first-time poster. I wanted to say thank you for a great thread! The information and discussion has been really helpful to follow.

I've made a bunch of purchases from the AL sale already, making use of the 10% discount, which I found out about in here. I'm sure I'll pick stuff up from the upcoming MVM discounts too.

I'm tempted by the Kizumonogatari standard blu-rays currently on the MVM sale. However, I might wait to see if they include the collector's editions of the three Kizu films in the general sale over days 9-12. Would anyone who has the CE sets say that the extras are worth it? Obviously there's also no guarantee that the CE sets will be within the general sale anyway, so I'll make a decision tomorrow!
I bought all 3 CEs but mainly because I was reviewing them for another site. If you look at very bottom of each of my reviews, you'll see the pictures I took of the contents. (Maybe you won't want to read the actual text because SPOILERS!)

I probably wouldn't spend a heap on these if you're not that much of a completist/monogatari obsessive. The films are pretty good, but the first one especially is very padded, acting mainly as a prologue where almost nothing happens. I've never looked at the extras again since watching them first time, so for most people I'd say the standard editions are fine. You're not missing out on anything essential if you don't buy the CEs - they are the very definition of luxury items after all.

Bought the Rascal CE on @ActionFaust recommendation. Looking forward to it.

My plan to get Kill la Kill and Re:Zero fell through due to sudden large bills eating my finances so this is the last thing I'll buy. Final tally is:

Princess Principal - £39.99
Demon Girl - £19.99
Rascal Bunny Girl - £41.99

£101.97 just a tad over the £100 budget I set for myself :)

I'd actually started looking into the sales when I saw the re:zero season 1 collection pre-order, having just binged that and part 1 of season 2. A shame that's off your list but I can sympathize as after this thread I've ended up spending 3 times the amount I'd budgeted... Just thankful that deliveries aren't all coming together, with MVM's seriously impressive rapid deliveries, whilst AL's are yet to ship (not a criticism, very happy to get mine after the holiday period), my wife would likely want to throw me out of she realised the extent of my shopping spree.... And then I hear about the Christmas sales?? God help us all...

Good to see all the love for MVM, times are tough, though everyone would always want a cutthroat deal anytime anyway, but I thought they have some great anime at fair prices. Very, very tempted with their offerings today as well. Keep up the great work MVM and all those striving to provide offerings from this great medium. Don't work too hard as nothing is worth your sanity.

I want to ask someone who is more familiar with the uk Market, how come Manga Entertainment does not have similar deals or does similar theme? it seems like a wasted opportunity on their end unless they do something else i am not aware of, Hence why i am asking.

I want to ask someone who is more familiar with the uk Market, how come Manga Entertainment does not have similar deals or does similar theme? it seems like a wasted opportunity on their end unless they do something else i am not aware of, Hence why i am asking.
Not a boutique anymore, part of the Sony machine!

I want to ask someone who is more familiar with the uk Market, how come Manga Entertainment does not have similar deals or does similar theme? it seems like a waster opportunity on their end unless they do something else i am not aware of, Hence why i am asking.
They didn't have their own webstore until after being purchased by Funimation. Too much of a hit to reduce prices significantly when retailer fees are involved.

Not a boutique anymore, part of the Sony machine!
But it is not jut this year, i have been around since 2018 and i never seen them do anything around this period.

Probably as for the best, Funimation in the last few years has not been my ideal compnay to buy cause they keep changing their dialouge from the original jp voice over to suit some of their own agenda, not to mention some the scandals some of their employees have and rather shrewd buisness practices and some of their products not being on top par and seems to have transferred over to Manga like they messed up the Wicked city and Akira release last week.

I try not to go against people and thier buisness but when you have multitude of problems than well it raises a few alarms.

Last edited:
Gurren Lagann popped back up for order at £15 in the ATA sale (BOGOF section as well) so grabbed a copy along with Cowboy Bebop, a show which I didn't quite get into when I tried to watch it before.

Manga UK regularly have sales throughout the year, but they're exclusive to specific retailers like HMV or Zavvi. Their last Zavvi sale was only about a month or so ago?

Gurren Lagann popped back up for order at £15 in the ATA sale (BOGOF section as well) so grabbed a copy along with Cowboy Bebop, a show which I didn't quite get into when I tried to watch it before.
Ahh they look to have changed quite a few of the "Sold out" ones to "Awaiting reprint" so may take a bit long till they get stock, But I assume they have a back log of orders to get through anyway, so may not even make a differnce other than giving us all a second chance to buy some of those titles

NOTE: it only some Standard edition copies getting the reprints, before I get some poeples hopes up

Another first-time poster. I wanted to say thank you for a great thread! The information and discussion has been really helpful to follow.

I've made a bunch of purchases from the AL sale already, making use of the 10% discount, which I found out about in here. I'm sure I'll pick stuff up from the upcoming MVM discounts too.

I'm tempted by the Kizumonogatari standard blu-rays currently on the MVM sale. However, I might wait to see if they include the collector's editions of the three Kizu films in the general sale over days 9-12. Would anyone who has the CE sets say that the extras are worth it? Obviously there's also no guarantee that the CE sets will be within the general sale anyway, so I'll make a decision tomorrow!
Can tell you now the CE's won't be in the sale, hope that helps!

Is it just me or is AL slow at shipping this year? Last year, with the exception of the Funimation clearance sale, every order was processed like the next day or so. Just received the shipment email for my first order which I placed within the first 5 minutes on the very first day of the sale.

Regarding the MVM sale, I'm in the middle as whether I should get Revue Starlight CE today or see what turns up tomorrow. Can't really afford both (I assume there is at least a couple of titles I'm gonna wanna to get tomorrow in any case) at this point with all the Christmas preparation looming over me.

Thank you so much for the heads up. Regretted missing this one and Lucky Star (I don't think the latter is going to reprint?) before I figured out these sales. Had to decide between coupling it with wolf's rain or pigtails and went for the former, as I got the others I wanted from that section already. From the BOGOF section I'd highly recommend the Your Lie in April set for great character drama and classical soundtrack/score.

Is it just me or is AL slow at shipping this year? Last year, with the exception of the Funimation clearance sale, every order was processed like the next day or so. Just received the shipment email for my first order which I placed within the first 5 minutes on the very first day of the sale.

Regarding the MVM sale, I'm in the middle as whether I should get Revue Starlight CE today or see what turns up tomorrow. Can't really afford both (I assume there is at least a couple of titles I'm gonna wanna to get tomorrow in any case) at this point with all the Christmas preparation looming over me.
They've mentioned on the Discord that Funimation stock arrived later than expected, so the fulfilment centre has held back orders containing Funi titles until everything could he sent together - although that should be happening in the next couple of days. Mystery Boxes were also apparently prioritised.

Back