Anime Limited & MVM's 12 Days of Christmas 2020: 1st-12th Dec | 9:30am MVM, 5:00pm AL

I like it, too. Have bought a good number of titles.

Can't believe people are moaning about a sale which they don't even have to do!
Enjoy the reduced prices - I certainly am.

Buy or don't buy - but moaning about it is ridiculous.
I think NormanticGrav summed up it best. There’s a high-level of expectation from these sales specifically and both Anime Limited and previous years from MVM have done it better. Not to mention that several titles have been cheaper elsewhere in recent weeks. Amazon may be scummy but not everyone has the luxury of paying more for things to support a specific retailer, especially not this year.

They’re a business with margins and stock-levels to manage and have their reasons for charging what they feel they need to charge, sale or otherwise. But we’re also consumers with choices about where we spend our money and entitled to voice and explain those decisions on a thread dedicated to those very sales.

im just waiting for tomorrow onwards already spent over £300 on the uk anime sales and feels soo good knowing that can support economy and get some good bargains from both mvm and anime ltd although majority so far spent with anime ltd am hoping tomorrows 2020 sale day has a couple of the titles i need like revue

I'm still on the fence about Re:Zero so logged into crunchyroll to watch another episode and Crunchyroll is down...

Perhapes I should buy the blu-ray after all

I think NormanticGrav summed up it best. There’s a high-level of expectation from these sales specifically and both Anime Limited and previous years from MVM have done it better. Not to mention that several titles have been cheaper elsewhere in recent weeks. Amazon may be scummy but not everyone has the luxury of paying more for things to support a specific retailer, especially not this year.

They’re a business with margins and stock-levels to manage and have their reasons for charging what they feel they need to charge, sale or otherwise. But we’re also consumers with choices about where we spend our money and entitled to voice and explain those decisions on a thread dedicated to those very sales.

The MVM sales don't feel like much effort has been put into them.

Personally I think Anime Limited have blown MVM out of the water 100 times over with their sales. They offered a wide range of value to fans and offered something for literally everyone. Kudos to the folk at Anime Limited for a great sale, they deserve the rewards they reap.

The MVM sales don't feel like much effort has been put into them.

No chill 🙃 This one is sure to give a cold sting to the heart of an MVM rep reading this.

I don't know much of the inner details so I don't have an opinion on the matter.

Although, the previous user's response in this thread goes over the situation occuring with MVM. Best to give it a read if you're curious on what's happening with the team regarding their XMAS sale.
¯\( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Last edited:
No chill 🙃 This one is sure to give a cold sting to the heart of an MVM rep reading this.

I don't know much of the inner details so I don't have an opinion on the matter.

Although, the previous user's response in this thread goes over the situation occuring with MVM. Best to give it a read if you're curious on what's happening with the team regarding their XMAS sale.
¯\( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I think the way Anime Limited kicked off their sales in such a big way exposed MVM greatly this year. If there's a few issues over at MVM preventing them from competing perhaps they should give next year a miss?

I think it's best to consider that MVM is a much smaller team than Anime Limited. While they may be having some issues this year I don't think it's as big of an issue as people are claiming. As mentioned on their Twitter they do seem to be pretty tired at this point and I guess the changes to the next 6 days reflect that to be more manageable. Previous years have been pretty exhausting for them so I'm fine with them having an easier time this year.

It's still a good opportunity to sell, even if people don't think the sales are enough. Some people are happy with the prices and MVM can still make some profit. I mean, if you're not happy with it then don't give them your business, it's pretty simple.

It's still a good opportunity to sell, even if people don't think the sales are enough. Some people are happy with the prices and MVM can still make some profit. I mean, if you're not happy with it then don't give them your business, it's pretty simple.

Yeah totally fair, I've not personally seen the MVM sales as great, some people seem happy enough.

Although I think it's also fair that we are allowed to point out if we don't think they are great sales, especially compared to ATA this year.

MVM themselves may at least appreciate honest feedback from people even if it's not what they'd like to see.

I'd take a punt on things if the prices were better, so ultimately it could mean fewer sales, but that is supply and demand economics and MVM must take all of that into account.

i think the only complaint i have about the AL sales is they managed to put most of the gundam series in apart from the Origin stuff of which i still needed to get I-IV
maybe it's a sign if i hold out a little longer i'll find the CE somewhere

Since the MVM sale will switch to titles released this year at -40% as of tomorrow I might consider Bunny girl senpai which was described to me as "like monogatari." Is the MVM release good?

Since the MVM sale will switch to titles released this year at -40% as of tomorrow I might consider Bunny girl senpai which was described to me as "like monogatari." Is the MVM release good?
Yeah it pretty much has a similar setup with a male lead helping female characters with their supernatural issues. Very hot take here but I think it's a much better series than Monogatari with less problematic elements and a more interesting MC.

I think I heard MVM's release is pretty close to the Aniplex version so it should be fine if you care for that sort of thing.

Yeah it pretty much has a similar setup with a male lead helping female characters with their supernatural issues. Very hot take here but I think it's a much better series than Monogatari with less problematic elements and a more interesting MC.

I think I heard MVM's release is pretty close to the Aniplex version so it should be fine if you care for that sort of thing.

Since Monogatari turned out to be one of my all time favorites that's very high praise lol. Thanks for the answer I think you sold it :)

Back