Anime Limited & MVM's 12 Days of Christmas 2020: 1st-12th Dec | 9:30am MVM, 5:00pm AL

Does anyone know if this is the only day to pre-order Oedo, or does it work in a kinda advent calendar way where a new early bird is unlocked each day?

Just weighing up if I need to buy it now or if I can wait a few days and get Planetes, FMP IV and Oedo at the same time and use the 15% discount.

I still haven't got my code for the 10%. I wonder if I'm doing something wrong. But I saw that the sales just came on for AL. am I looking at this right, that it's the exact same thing except for 1 big sale item? Is that how they are doing it? Everything stays the same and they just rotate the daily promotional item?

Does anyone know if this is the only day to pre-order Oedo, or does it work in a kinda advent calendar way where a new early bird is unlocked each day?

Just weighing up if I need to buy it now or if I can wait a few days and get Planetes, FMP IV and Oedo at the same time and use the 15% discount.
A new early bird is unlocked every day. So you can wait and order all together. The risk is that some popular ones could sell out before the end

I still haven't got my code for the 10%. I wonder if I'm doing something wrong. But I saw that the sales just came on for AL. am I looking at this right, that it's the exact same thing except for 1 big sale item? Is that how they are doing it? Everything stays the same and they just rotate the daily promotional item?

Yep pretty much nailed it

Each day a new early bird will be added (and remain for the rest of the sale.) Everything else will stay the same as day 1 for the duration. (While stocks last)

A new early bird is unlocked every day. So you can wait and order all together. The risk is that some popular ones could sell out before the end
I asked Hanners on Discord the likelihood of the sets selling out, he said it's unlikely and I reckon at least 50-60% of the stock will be gone by the end of the week at least.

If the order is what I think it is, I'm going to hold out for a few more days.

I just bought Cyber City Oedo 808. I'm not sure I've mentioned it on this forum much but I do actually quite like some of these sorts of old Kawajiri OVAs and the like... I just also really enjoy things that are not like them at all/not so much like them as well, namely longer anime series, modern anime, many shoujo/josei series (not that I'm saying shoujo is mindless fluff just that a lot of shoujo anime are not much like CCO808), some moe stuff, cute shows. For the most part I will watch anything as long as it is well done, and the history of anime is interesting to me, I used to buy quite a few obscure OVAs on DVD and still have them. Darkside Blues was another favourite of mine and the original Vampire Hunter D I honestly prefer to Bloodlust (I hope they make that VHD TV series they had planned!). Also psyched about the inclusion of a soundtrack CD, I actually bought the OST for A Silent Voice today as well :)

I might get Cyber City in ye big ol haul as I quite like the sound of it.

By the way is anyone else looking at the Erased bundle and wondering if it soley exists to taunt those who have the old CE's? No? Just me? Ok

Respect 🤜🤛 That's real priorities right there. Smacking a cardboard box to hold Blu-ray cases is considered "CE". I don't think so, buddy 😂
This times 1000.

Also, Erased in particular is only 12 episodes, but still spread over two releases, I'm actually happy about that with the CE's because the series is just so damn good (IMO), but for the amaray release it seems a little pointless.

The Re:Zero release is a little more compelling, like a lot of people I'm stuck with only the 1st CE set, but at least this amaray release should include the fixed discs, so can be considered superior to the CE's when it comes to what actually matters.

Yeah I thought last year was the last chance so the Funi sale last year was a large factor for why I spent so much money. In hindsight though that really paid off, but it's amazing that they are back this year at all.

Back