Anime Limited Is ..

I'm hoping they do have Durarara, I would happily get that at some point.

It would certainly cover 1 of the 3.

Some interesting titles mentioned here - can't comment at this stage but except we're balancing up titles never licensed before for the UK, fresh works form Japan and license rescues
- Facebook comment

I didn't buy Beez's Durarara release because I heard of some sub problems. Considering America have recently released a blu-ray set, it would be awesome if we could get it rereleased, not just with the dub, but BD too.

Cathe said:
Durarara(rarararararara?) would be good because I never got around to getting it.

Same here, peeked my interest but by then their was mention of a US dub so I figured hold off and see what happens and given the sub issues i'm glad I held off.

kind of hope it's not durarara(rarararara), i already have the beez volumes, and i don't really think a dub would sway me, if it's an old beez series i'd rather have cowboy bebop or even better gurren lagann, or from revelation the complete series of beck, it pissed me off so much that they never finished releasing it, already have the old fma sets, but that is one i would buy if they rereleased it.

Well we can narrow it down a little bit :p They said their first license will be getting a release on blu as well as dvd and they said they are only doing blu ray if there already exists a hd version of the show.

So first license is something that there currently exists a hd version of!

Anime Limited's Facebook comment:

"Are you all ready? Get everybody and the stuff together. OK 3, 2, 1 - let's jam."

So, looks like it's Cowboy Bebop.

Either they're just announcing it in a funny way, or it's Cowboy Bebop. Let's see...

What was the quality of the recent JP bluray release like?

I recently bought Beez's Anime Legends release, but I'd love to own this on blu-ray. What was the JP bluray quality like?

Edit: Next license announcement will either come after 2000 likes or on 31st January, with one new announcement a month.

That should sell well. I probably won't buy it again myself, but it's an encouragingly solid title to kickstart their catalogue, for both new fans who've been wanting to buy it and older ones who want it in cleaner quality.

R

Joshawott said:
I recently bought Beez's Anime Legends release, but I'd love to own this on blu-ray. What was the JP bluray quality like?

Edit: Next license announcement will either come after 2000 likes or on 31st January, with one new announcement a month.

Some screenshots here.

Looks like a solid improvement, though there's still a few problems (3rd screenshot in particular), though I think that's a result of the picture being 1080i for some weird reason. The DVDs were very zoomed in from the looks of things though.

Back