Anime Limited Is ..

Rui said:
I like SAO, it's mindlessly entertaining and pretty. And it has very occasional Koyasu.

Good to see JustPa's report that the UK Berserk BD has unlocked subs(!). Hopefully that means our complaining was heeded. As the same people are involved in the chain, it added to my optimism about Anime Ltd...

R

Not worth getting excited about just yet. Persona 4 is still locked up tighter than Ebeneezer Scrooge. It might be an authoring flub with Berserk. We'll have to wait until the second movie to see if it's a policy change or not.

Because the Japanese are going to mod all their Blu-ray players so they can spin Region B and start reverse importing from Europe? I'm just mentioning that as a indication that the Berserk situation may just be a one-off.

Regioning means nothing - any Japanese person can buy a native region B player along with their UK sets of P4 and still be saving money.

R

Rui said:
Good to see JustPa's report that the UK Berserk BD has unlocked subs(!).
Maybe this is the plus of being part of a 'collectors edition'. Pre-ordering now!

If Kaze stop giving us nerfed releases then I will buy more of them!

I hereby demand that this company provides me with everything I should happen to want. Otherwise I shall disseminate petulant opprobrium to an excessive degree and consider each staff member to be blameworthy for my inconveniences. I shall then recline for the night and reflect upon my own sense of effulgent decency. Huzzah.

Shiroi Hane said:
MaxonTreik said:
Rui said:
There is a campaign kicking around on Twitter to bring Sword Art Online to the UK. I briefly entertained the idea that it might be some cunning viral marketing exercise, though for all I know it's just some independent fan who really loves SAO
It's the latter because anyone who wants that garbage clearly has a screw loose.
You say that.. but the SAO page on Wikipedia is currently getting insane amounts of traffic: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia: ... ular_pages
That doesn't conflict with my statement at all. All that says is that a lot of people are visiting the Wikipedia page, not why they are visiting it.

Rui said:
Joshawott said:
Rui said:
(Josh, fix your avatar, man!)
Penguin-san is a sexy beast and you know it.

That's the problem, I can't see him! Weirdly it's broken on my home and work computers. Works on my phone, though >_>

R
I guess his sexiness is too much for your computers?
I've been meaning to change my avatar for a while, but I just cba most of the time xD

Just Passing Through said:
Not worth getting excited about just yet. Persona 4 is still locked up tighter than Ebeneezer Scrooge. It might be an authoring flub with Berserk. We'll have to wait until the second movie to see if it's a policy change or not.
It is unlikely to be a Kaze policy altogether and it could be something that was contracted for that particular release. Some Japanese Studios are more reasonable that others.

Zin5ki said:
I hereby demand that this company provides me with everything I should happen to want. Otherwise I shall disseminate petulant opprobrium to an excessive degree and consider each staff member to be blameworthy for my inconveniences. I shall then recline for the night and reflect upon my own sense of effulgent decency. Huzzah.
Are you transforming into someone else?

ConanThe3rd said:
Like I said, I have no doubts over his role, it's Japan's that's causing me to change trousers.

It'd be foolish to think one person somehow has magical powers to overturn existing business practices.

What we can hope for is a company that takes it's time to deliver quality releases and where possible takes a sterner line with the Japanese companies.

They said on facebook that the first license will have a blu ray release :D

Anime Limited
Starting with - do we plan to do Blu-ray releases? The answer to this is yes wherever material that is HD-worthy is available. It's on a case-by-case basis - but our first license will have a Blu-ray release ;).

We have a keen interest in high definition formats and see them as an essential for a label like us as Andrew explained in the ANN interview.

chaos said:
ConanThe3rd said:
Hopes are reserved. Andrew knows what he's doing (Remember, he's the only sane person in the UK Industry(TM) ) but the problem is he's trying to work with Japan and we've seen time and again how Japan will quite litterly cut it's own nose off to spite it's face in the field of animated entertainment.
Nah, you're just biased, because he's a Glaswegian xD
Believe me that's no basis for anything.

On the one hand, Durarara seems nailed-on given that Andrew oversaw its release for Beez.

On the other hand, didn't Manga UK say that it'd sold less than 1000 copies? Don't know if that's per volume or in total, though, or whether they were talking out of their ****. Personally I'm hoping it's something else because I'm not all that keen on Durarara, and the US DVDs are fine.

When asked about the possibility of rescuing it, MangaUK said that the license for Durarara was now owned by someone else. MVM have been silent on the matter, so that leaves Kazé or Anime Limited (and both involve Andrew), unless MVM are being crafty.

Back