UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Did Anime Limited ever release S2 Sound Euphonium?
I don't think so, but who knows.

I lost my hope when they wrote to me that they didn't know if it would relased and I bought the US version before it was no longer available. I think they also mentioned something that it doesn't eliminate the presence of other things - so there may probably be a third season. All in all, Free is also "jumping" in terms of publishing.

Did Anime Limited ever release S2 Sound Euphonium?
No.

During the Cloud Matsuri 2022: Ask Anime Limited CEO Andrew Partridge, Andrew said that the licensing situation with Sound! Euphonium Season 2 has been complicated but they think that enough time has passed for it not be complicated anymore so there's a possibility they might license it and they are keeping their fingers crossed.

I'm having a similar experience at the moment. Since I bought some stuff in the recent sale, I've stopped receiving any mails from their mailing list. I got a reply from them suggesting that I check spam folders etc. I replied apologising because I should have made it clear in my initial email that I'd checked that, and also checked for any accidental filters that had been created. Haven't had any more replies since, even after sending a follow-up mail.

It's frustrating. I'm an unlimited member, and I want to get their mails so I can give them money! I have to assume it's because of understaffing, so no shade at all to the staff on the front lines who I'm sure are doing their best. I've been in similar situations myself at previous employers. When faced with a thousand problems, you have to pick your battles, and I can see why mine would be very far down the list of priorities. Still, it's frustrating.

I suppose I could sign up on a different email address, but then I'd miss any unlimited exclusive mails like the sales codes.
Just want to say, credit where it's due - I chased them, and they got back to me. They added me back onto the list again, and I'm getting emails again :)

Maybe I should also do that, as it's frustrating seeing messages on here about AL bargains/codes/sales and not receiving any emails since January(?).
In their initial reply to me, they said that they weren't aware of it happening to anyone else. I told them that some folks on this forum were experiencing the same thing.

I'd say definitely contact them to report the problem, and tell them that you're aware that someone else recently mailed in with the same problem, and that it was fixed by them re-subscribing me.

(Edited for embarrassing typos, lol)

Last edited:
The last time that happened to me, they mentioned their shop had glitch where when you place an order and the "receive marketing emails" box isn't ticked, there is a chance it takes you off the marketing emails list

this was a good few years ago but is still a possibility

The last time that happened to me, they mentioned their shop had glitch where when you place an order and the "receive marketing emails" box isn't ticked, there is a chance it takes you off the marketing emails list

Every time I order atm I also receive an email stating I've signed up for the emails, whether the box is ticked or not.

I've had that. Probably explains why I haven't had any marketing emails from them in over a month.

I've had that. Probably explains why I haven't had any marketing emails from them in over a month.
It's worth dropping them a message, and saying that you heard this was recently fixed for someone else.

If anyone from All The Anime is reading: please feel free to send me a £397230583269190647118391097406821919720 gift voucher for helping to get your marketing emails back into people's inboxes.

Haven't seen this mentioned yet - AL are putting out a Makoto Shinkai box set next month. Looks like the existing discs without any additions.

81WcEto9QsL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I really prefer the "Journey to Agartha" title over that mouthful of a title "Children who Chase Lost Voices from Deep Below." I thought Agartha was the more common name for this movie over there in the UK? I'm surprised AL didn't use that title for their packaging.

Also, is A Place Promised / Voices the only one of the Shinkai releases that didn't get a steelbook release? I have all the other releases in steelbook, including Suzume, but just have the Collector's Edition of A Place Promised / Voices. I would love if they got that one out in a steelbook eventually, too.

Last edited:
I really prefer the "Journey to Agartha" title over that mouthful of a title "Children who Chase Lost Voices from Deep Below." I thought Agartha was the more common name for this movie over there in the UK? I'm surprised AL didn't use that title for their packaging.

Also, is A Place Promised / Voices the only one of the Shinkai releases that didn't get a steelbook release? I have all the other releases in steelbook, including Suzume, but just have the Collector's Edition of A Place Promised / Voices. I would love if they got that one out in a steelbook eventually, too.

Yeah, A Place Promised in Our Early Days / Voices of a Distant Star is the only one without a steelbook, I hope they go back and do one as well as I have all of Shinkai's films as steelbooks.

Back