UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Also, what does this mean for the future of MVM? It seemed like 80% of their releases were Sentai sub-licenses, with the rest being Aniplex... and that ship seems to have sailed to the Sony/CR graveyard.
Noone has Redo of Healer yet 😏

And yeah, I know, BBFC ✂️

Hopefully there are enough viable series from the back catalogue and newer releases (like Call of the Night/Akiba Maid War) to go around.

It is looking increasingly as though Crunchyroll have a death grip on the UK market, at least in terms of more recent, popular anime.

Again I just don't see it being a good idea to license more than one season when it might not even be a good seller in the first place. The first season needs the support so they know it's worth licensing more.
I have some sympathy for this idea - these are businesses not charities - but at the same time, it is, as has been mentioned, a self fulfilling prophecy. If customers have no confidence in the release of subsequent seasons, they'll be more hesitant in buying a first.

Nobody but AL knows whether Lion/Euphonium/Kakegurui lost them money or simply didn't generate enough revenue to make licensing further seasons worthwhile (and there'll always be a drop-off as not everyone who bought S1 will have liked it), but I wonder if sometimes it's worth taking a small hit to promote confidence in the consumer base.

No easy answer really.

That seems like a lot of negativity, even for me, but Anime Limited's announcements no longer bring me any joy or excitement, just the lengthy wait for the dissapointment down the road. I really do miss the Anime Limited of old, and I know they can be better. 😢

Welcome to the feelings of the UK Love Live fandom hope you enjoy your stay😹

tbh its not AL fault. They need releases to make money and if Sentai work with them thats at least something to keep the ball rolling.

This is the problem with Crunchyroll taking everything. Will be interesting when... i mean if Crunchyroll go under

So I placed an order of 5 in-stock items on the very 1st day of AlltheAnime's Christmas Sale on 1/12, and the order still has not shipped. I was hoping to receive the package here in the US before Christmas, but now it's looking like I it won't even arrive before the end of this year anymore... 🙁

Are they not shipping any orders yet from the Sale?
4th December order to the Netherlands hasn't shipped either yet - from what I've seen UK (and Ireland?) orders were sent at a decent pace, but none of the international orders have shipped at all.

Just finished watching the Anime Limited December showcase.

Definitely happy to see Lonely Castle in the Mirror next year at the cinema and thrilled for the UK release of A Place Beyond the Universe.

Is it naive of me to have hoped for a UK cinema release of Digimon Adventure 02 or would Toei just release that themselves?

Recap of things I caught:

Rent a Girlfriend S1
Granbelm
Science Fell in Love So I Tried to Prove It S1
Somali and the Forest Spirit
God of High School
Venus Wars
Castlevania S3
Great Pretender
Patlabor movie 1+2+3
Gundam Origin LE
Blue Thermal
Eureka Seven movie #3
A Place Further than the Universe
While I know there are some folks who are not particularly happy with Anime Limited’s latest announcements, I do think it’s a good thing they’re seemingly licensing so much. Unlike Crunchyroll, they are releasing a good amount of titles on physical media. I think it’s very important to support stuff like A Place Further than the Universe and The Great Pretender. I think we’ll see Anime Limited take more risks on acquiring titles people want if they know we have their back.

So I placed an order of 5 in-stock items on the very 1st day of AlltheAnime's Christmas Sale on 1/12, and the order still has not shipped.
I received a notification this morning that my order is finally shipping via Fed Ex.

So I placed an order of 5 in-stock items on the very 1st day of AlltheAnime's Christmas Sale on 1/12, and the order still has not shipped. I was hoping to receive the package here in the US before Christmas, but now it's looking like I it won't even arrive before the end of this year anymore... 🙁

Are they not shipping any orders yet from the Sale?

Ah HA! I got shipping notice the very next day, yesterday, so my package is finally on the way to the US. Yay!

Still waiting on my copy of Shirobako to despatch. Although I have had Kaiji despatch a moment ago.

EDIT: scratch that, Shirobako has shipped now for me too! Just waiting on Kids on the Slope and my green mystery box now.

Last edited:
Back