UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

BBC voice Other opinions are available.
To be fair, I'm a tokusatsu fan myself, so that's why I'm a bit more optimistic. But then again, I've only seen ones from fans that I actually follow, who are generally left-leaning and, in many cases, media literate (I often block toxic tokusatsu fans, especially right wingers).

Last edited:
I was genuinely hoping we might get a re-authored disk of the two Patlabor films with the Manga Dub, but seeing as the reveal trickled out at the same time as the 12 Days offers being filled with old Sentai releases, I'm not going to hold my breath. I bought Sentai's box set (along with both current pre-orders) for pennies years ago, as I did the Honnemise premium dvd sets, & I still only revisit the films in torrented form. There's no way I'll be triple-dipping for yet another incomplete version.

Frame corruption affects everyone, not just "videophiles". I dug this old screenshot up:
I forgot if the corruption occurs multiple times or only once.
It's really hard to tell how serious this stuff is sometimes. Very often I'll see videophiles complaining about video issues and the average viewer would have literally no idea.

Now onto the image itself. I can accept that this is a problem. Certainly something I can recognise as a casual viewer. Then again I would also say the frequency should also be a factor in how big of an issue this is. If it's just the one or two frames then it's not really worth worrying about but if it's persistent then it's a major issue.

How noticable is a corrupted frame in a casual watch?

Artifacts like with what happened with Your Name I can see why this is a problem as it happens over multiple frames up to even seconds

But video is usually like 24/50/60fps so something going on for 1/12 or even 1/24th of a second doesnt sound that bad. A casual Switch player drops more frames than that without trying 😹

I assume we all got this email from All The Anime (I got mine at 7am)?

Flash Sale starts 9am - deepest discounts EVER!
Two hours only, while stocks last.

Could be interesting.

Third deal is Revolutionary Girl Utena (Limited Edition) for £39.99.

Third deal is Revolutionary Girl Utena (Limited Edition) for £39.99.

And Blood C has finally gone back to its normal price.

The standard editions for Utena are also in the Buy 1 to 1 free sale. So you can get the whole series for £35 for the rest of the Christmas sales if you prefer that.

Back