UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

@Hanners : Any update on High School Fleet? Is this still planned?
Almost zero chance back in 2021 and as the shows not got a physical released in the US along with this whole Funimation situation, I'm guessing the likelihood of a UK release is even less than zero now

2021 Cloud Matsuri was

26:48

Can guess who Andrew was referring to when he says /that one voice/ as I've been asking for this show for about 5 years at that point 😹 😹 😹

View attachment 30964Was just browsing AOL's listings and man AL really have lost their minds putting a £40 RRP on a 24 minute short. Guess that's something to check out when it inevitably drops to £5 in next year's Christmas sales.

£40 for such a short run time & releasing a standard edition 2 weeks after the collector's edition, it's like Anime Limited don't want to sell any copies of the collector's edition. ;)

Summer Ghost at least was twice as long, had a feature-length documentary as an extra on the disc, and included a poster in addition to the booklet. And a DVD.

Summer Ghost also has a english dub as well.

I like CEs. But yes, £25 (£40 srp) does seem a little steep for what is effectively the length of a single anime episode. Is £25 the EB pricing, or can we expect more of a discount (with this being the ‘normal’ price)?
Summer Ghost at least was twice as long, had a feature-length documentary as an extra on the disc, and included a poster in addition to the booklet. And a DVD.

At least it comes with a booklet.
Of 16 pages. Make that leaflet. (more than the 8 page £30 JP release though)
Plus a box and digi-paa…(…ck?) Oh.
Hopefully the box will at least be sturdy, embossed and metallic full artwork, not just a slip.

Please don’t reaffirm the ridiculous notion that a coaster DVD is added value.

I do counter that even if ‘old tech’, a DVD is at least a physical extra that adds to the substance (and thus; the value). And it costs them less than a quid to chuck one in (excluding authoring costs, which I doubt would be much to fit <1/2hr on a disc!)

Yep. Probably one to wait for discount.

AL have spent years seeing people on here complaining about prices then buying the things anyway - I don't blame them for trying this TBH! 😅
In other words; aware that they’re already pushing it, and deciding to go even further.
Related: I’ve just been watching Gurren Lagann.

And not only increasing the price, but reducing the content (length) and package quality (booklet, discs, case, who knows what else)
No; I’m not buying tolberone or chocolate tubs this year either!

And I’ve just noticed; no extras? The (£30 rrp) JP release seems better still.

Has there been any mention of AL at MCM? They're not listed on the app in any form.

Between Brexit and COVID the convention feels like a shadow of its former self.

Back