UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

El hazard anygood?
Would be tempted by inuyusha but only season 1 released here
El Hazard‘s another of those shows I meant to watch but never did back in the day. Isn’t it connected to Tenchi Muyo or created by the same people or something? I loved the first two OVAs and some of the TV shows years ago, but I never got caught up with the later OVAs and am not even sure how much I would like the old ones now. It’s tempting me in the BOGOF (haven’t shopped those thoroughly yet).

Tamako Market (and the movie) are also tempting me. I’m really picky on moe/iyashikei/slice of life, but it’s KyoAni and the same director as K-On which I haven’t completed but loved what I watched of it.

Trying to keep my spending a bit low atm so only picked up a few things with the 15% discount code being InuYasha S1 CE and Charlotte LE.

Haven't seen Charlotte since it aired but I remember it quite fondly despite it not having the best reception, pretty sure this edition has gone OOP a few times so wanted to finally pick it up before it does for good. InuYasha I've been meaning to check out for a while and since watching the recent adaptation of Urusei Yatsura I've wanted to check out more of Rumiko Takahashi's works.

Last edited:
I expected to only get a couple of things I was interested in, but ended up buying so much that I could use the newsletter discount code - a first for me. The fact that I still want to have Promised Neverland S1 in my collection after seeing S2 really says something about how much I liked S1.

Tamako Market (and the movie) are also tempting me.
Tamako Market is great. I don't think the movie (Love Story) is as good as their other films, but it's a relaxing, lighthearted comedy altogether. I like All The Anime's collectors release of that, too. Quite a nice artbook/storyboard book pair there translated by the UK team, and they fixed the packaging logos between the TV series and film for bonus points.

I expected to only get a couple of things I was interested in, but ended up buying so much that I could use the newsletter discount code - a first for me. The fact that I still want to have Promised Neverland S1 in my collection after seeing S2 really says something about how much I liked S1.

Season 1 is still a perfect series in my eyes, no matter the travesty which is S2 (though it has a great OP).

From all the anime’s sale, most of my buys were blind buys this sale but I picked up:
  • both mystery boxes as I always do you never know what you could get (hopefully not Hal again lol like last sale)
  • Sliver spoon s1+2 (blind buy but if I don’t like it I can re sell it pretty easy)
  • blood c collectors edition (another blind buy but I like the trailer so probably will like it)
  • hello world collectors (actually wanted this one, looks decent
  • love me love me not collectors edition (another blind buy)
Nearly got liz and the blue bird but idk if I would like it so left it
As well I’m thinking of dipping for some of the bogof offers but idk as I spent £160 - looking at maybe the revolutionary girls or tamako market

Annoyingly out of the BOGOF only El-Hazard is a potential buy, although I need to check which one I've already got from last Decembers Mystery box (pretty sure it was The Magnificent World). Although only to upgrade from some R1 DVDs.

In/Spectre & Big Order are maybes from the Collectors Edition sale, but I might wait for when the standard editions go on sale as the extras don't really bother me and my backpile is big enough already

I had loaded up my cart ahead of time with 8 Collector's Editions I was interested in getting. I really only import CE sets from the UK, specifically for the rigid art boxes and sometimes digipaks:

Gunbuster
Eternal 831
The House of the Lost on the Cape
Pompo the Cinephile

Looking for Magical Doremi
Fortune Favors Lady Nikuko
Hyouka Complete Series
Death Parade

Once the sale started, I saw that none of my picks were included in the sale because they were mostly all recent releases, so I decided to drop the bottom four titles from my above order and save those for the Christmas Sale or one of next year's sales.

I then added two additional sets: Silver Spoon Complete Series 1+2 CE (for the newer box art, even though I already have the two individual CE sets) and Liz and the Bluebird CE, because each of those were on sale for only £16.99. I also used my AnimeUnlimited 15% off code and got free international shipping over £100, so just £120 shipped for 6 Collector Edition titles.

I'm very glad to see the preorder price for G Gundam as £39.99.

25 episodes for that much is WAY more agreeable than 12 episodes at the same price for Build Fighters - I'll definitely be preordering G!
I only just remembered this...

I'm very out of the loop with anime home video releases nowadays. Was the £39.99 price only for a week? It's £51.99 now! 😭

Edit: Yes it was! Never mind - I'll wait for a sale price sometime in the future 😅

I've only ever purchased one item from AllTheAnime until today, haha. Every time I've been on there it seems overpriced to me anyway. However, there is some good stuff on their sale, especially some of the collector's editions going for £19.99 and the BOGOF section.

Ended up getting:
  • Terror in Resonance - Blu-ray Collector's Edition
  • Your Lie in April: Part 1 - Blu-ray
  • Your Lie in April: Part 2 - Blu-ray
  • Tamako Market TV Series Blu-ray
  • Tamako Love Story Blu-ray
  • Welcome to the Ballroom - Complete Series Blu-ray
  • Erased - Blu-ray Complete Series Collection
  • The Future Diary (Mirai Nikki) - Blu-ray Collector's Edition
  • Sound! Euphonium - Blu-ray
  • Silver Spoon Complete Series 1+2 Limited Edition Blu-ray
I was tempted by both the mystery boxes but then I thought there's no guarantee I'd get something I would like, so I thought I'd just buy some stuff that I was actually interested in.

What I want is Cardcaptor Sakura and Gundam Seed Destiny. Instead I’m paying a fine for drifting into one of birminghams bud lanes before 10am for about a minute…

I am eyeing the In/Spectre, Future Diaries and Kakegurui CE's but have heard the former two aren't very good apparently.
Haven't watched In/spectre and I wouldn't label Future Diaries as good but it's entertaining and worth watching once for the complete nutter Yandere (ask @Doctorkev I remember reading one of his articles that referenced this one with his trademark humorous screenshot headings heh).
Would rather Blood+ (think that's right) as never seen it.
Me too! This is one I would watch yesterday if I could buy a copy from anywhere at not an unreasonable price.

Me too! This is one I would watch yesterday if I could buy a copy from anywhere at not an unreasonable price.
My big problem is I tend to form a great desire for stuff that isn't released anywhere or Oop.
Stratos 4 (girls, aliens, conspiracies and a smoking man in black) is at the top of my list.

I'm having a tight month so thinking about Inuyasha. I'll probably go for the standard so I can get a freebie. El Hazard??

Edit for a question
If I am only buying one El-Hazard, then I should buy the OVAs as it is first?

Thanks

Last edited:
My big problem is I tend to form a great desire for stuff that isn't released anywhere or Oop.
Stratos 4 (girls, aliens, conspiracies and a smoking man in black) is at the top of my list.

I'm having a tight month so thinking about Inuyasha. I'll probably go for the standard so I can get a freebie. El Hazard??

Edit for a question
If I am only buying one El-Hazard, then I should buy the OVAs as it is first?

Thanks

The OVA is first, I am not sure if the TV series is a continuation or a sort of fleshed out remake, but it might be the latter? :)

Back