UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

91:38 is the runtime after all the BBFC cuts have been waived and footage reinstated.

EDIT: I won’t link as the site ads are NSFW, but Melonfarmers list the first UK release at 90:20 in length, citing 53 seconds of cuts for ninja weaponry and one scene of sexual assault.

Last edited:
@Hanners now this is interesting, do you think it's something anime limited would look into (because i find it hard to believe crunchyroll would be into this thing these day's)?

and the best part is for the original dub movie, NO STUPID ANGELA ANACONDA BIT AT THE BEGINNING.

@Hanners now this is interesting, do you think it's something anime limited would look into (because i find it hard to believe crunchyroll would be into this thing these day's)?

and the best part is for the original dub movie, NO STUPID ANGELA ANACONDA BIT AT THE BEGINNING.
Angela Anaconda is part of the nostalgia

Angela Anaconda is part of the nostalgia
Keep it as a extra feature if you want but it completely ruined the movie. I didn't even realise till years later it was actually the beginning of the movie (and I still have the movie on vhs. Long since got rid of the rectangle cd-rom that came with it).

You can complain all you want (for reasons that are understandable) but I want my gundam anime collection intact so just pre ordered build fighters.

Did AL already announce they are skipping the summer sale? I definitely remember there was a sale in August last year.
You’re correct there was a summer sale in August. Last year’s ran from the 5th through the 15th. I haven’t seen any infor regarding whether it’s happening again this year or not.

No one's stopping you chief.
Just wish more people did, given disney won't be distributing physical media to Australian anymore (so that includes marvel, star wars and Fox) it makes me more aware of how physical media is slowly dying and it scares me and it's because people aren't buying them, and no streaming is not better because your paying over and over again just to watch something you don't own and could still lose if the service decides to remove it for whatever reason. I would hope people would realise this mistake we're going down but no doesn't look like it.

Just wish more people did, given disney won't be distributing physical media to Australian anymore (so that includes marvel, star wars and Fox) it makes me more aware of how physical media is slowly dying and it scares me and it's because people aren't buying them, and no streaming is not better because your paying over and over again just to watch something you don't own and could still lose if the service decides to remove it for whatever reason. I would hope people would realise this mistake we're going down but no doesn't look like it.
I was simply making a light joke. Your comment just read like you were expecting people to take offense for buying Build Fighters is all. I wasn't expecting such a doomer reply. Lighten up.

I was simply making a light joke. Your comment just read like you were expecting people to take offense for buying Build Fighters is all. I wasn't expecting such a doomer reply. Lighten up.
Sorry I know you were joking. It's just this news with disney pulling out of the physical market for Australia really has got me frightened for the future of the physical market in general and companies like AL, and let's face it crunchyroll aren't putting much effort into physical media.

Either way I'm just lamenting, there's rumor that this move in Australia by disney is slowly going to happen globally, disney being so big what they do the other big players eventually follow suit, if they go then they'll be little reason to keep making blu ray players so even the small ones like AL will go. All I kept hearing was "physical media won't die it will just become more boutique" that works if the big players still release SOME physical media.

And it's for this reason that I really want to support AL or MVM and Crunchyroll when it comes to physical releases even though this is feeling like a lost cause.

I'm also amazed but not surprised younger people don't want to own a peace of media, I get it you've spent your whole lives on streaming but when you get older you'll learn the thing you love won't be on that platform forever. Weirdly I learnt this with youtube getting into anime in the late 2000's. When a obscure anime was removed from youtube (admittedly for copyright infringement) I realised just because it's online doesn't mean it's there forever. Same with dvd's I remember taking a glance at evangelion but not that interested at the time thinking " I'll get it another time if I'm interested" this was before I understood the concept of "out of print", I was to young to understand and it's going to be a rude awakened for people who don't buy physical when they get older and find they still like this stuff. Even at mcm when I passed the danime stall I saw 2 girls just looking and saying " oh I can watch that on funimationnow" and all I think is you won't soon.

This was longer than I intended but I just wanted to show my passion for media from shops like AL and why they mean so much to me and will be gutted to see it go if it does.

I don't think that Disney are trying to shape the market per se. It's just that they overextended themselves with buying everything under the sun, and the last few years, their chickens have come home to roost in terms of profit and loss. They put all their eggs into a Marvel/Star Wars basket, but in terms of movies, Marvel has been on the downslope since Avengers Endgame, while Star Wars never became the cash cow that they needed. They've been cutting back for a while now, and physical media is just another cutback. I won't be surprised if they start selling off their acquisitions. They haven't done anything with 20th Century... you would have expected the Marvel X-Men mash-up by now, but no nothing. I expect 20th Century will be sold first. Hopefully to someone who sticks the Fox back in.

The writers and actors' strikes can't be helping either. This is when you'd expect them to lean into their back catalogue, but I expect they don't want to pay residuals.

Madman has Konosuba: God's Blessing on This Wonderful World! Legend of Crimson slated for a 2023 December release. Hopfully AL has it and will follow soon after that.

Back