UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Looks like the voucher Anime Ltd sent to those of us who bought the first version of CyberCity Oedo before xmas is not valid in this second preorder period for the new version. A shame. I'm slightly annoyed! But then I was resigned to missing out already so I shouldn't be - as they take the money there and then I can'tt justify all of that money going out of my account just before Xmas.

Looks like the voucher Anime Ltd sent to those of us who bought the first version of CyberCity Oedo before xmas is not valid in this second preorder period for the new version. A shame. I'm slightly annoyed! But then I was resigned to missing out already so I shouldn't be - as they take the money there and then I can'tt justify all of that money going out of my account just before Xmas.
You might want to email them before ordering, in case it was an oversight.

I don't think they're planning any Newswires for a couple of months as they're redoing a bunch of early bird deals from the Christmas sale instead.
They haven't done any Newswires at all even before Christmas. Last one was in October.
It's likely a combination of the PLAION Group acquisition taking up time at the end of October/beginning of November and stopping the November Newswire, with December's and January's being missing due the Christmas sale early birds as was the case last year. So we should hopefully get one in February sometime. I've really missed them as they were a fun thing to look forward to each month, so I can only hope I'm right.

Received Summer Ghost CE today & noticed that it didn't come with the bonus item it mentions on the website. Was this a mistake or did AL stealthy remove the bonus item?

Last edited:
They haven't done any Newswires at all even before Christmas. Last one was in October.
It's likely a combination of the PLAION Group acquisition taking up time at the end of October/beginning of November and stopping the November
I think it's more likely to be a combonation of the video they put out for the Christmas sale replaceing the Newswire in November and them not having any new pre-orders to announce/advertise in January as they were redoing some of the early birds from the sale. Even last year the February newswire was all vinyl stuff.

I feel like NIGHT IS SHORT, WALK ON GIRL has been cheaper from Anime Ltd before today's deal of 9.99 on blu... Anyone want to recommend it as a blind buy, not having seen it or Tatami Galaxy before?

AL have resumed international shipping.... For a moment there I thought I'd have start collecting other stuff which I will never, EVER, put to use... Crisis averted and Liz and Deer King incoming!!!

I just posted up over on blu-ray.com anime forum asking if Royal Mail got their issue worked out yet with international mail, so I guess they did. I have been off the computer almost completely for the last 5 days due to a bad flu I caught from too much traveling for work; I've had severe body aches that have kept me pretty much bed-ridden since Friday.

I did get shipping notices for Deer King CE and Summer Ghost CE earlier today.

I just posted up over on blu-ray.com anime forum asking if Royal Mail got their issue worked out yet with international mail, so I guess they did. I have been off the computer almost completely for the last 5 days due to a bad flu I caught from too much traveling for work; I've had severe body aches that have kept me pretty much bed-ridden since Friday.

Sorry you've been ill, hoping you get better :)

I'd already seen something to that effect a couple of days prior on royal mail's website (after following the link posted on AL), but it's better to get shipping confirmations.

Hope you're doing better, but bed-ridden is the perfect time to binge watch!

Back