UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

I suspect they put more focus on Vinyl mainly because of the recent delays on their upcoming Blu-rays, since Vinyl is normally scheduled for many months ahead or came from a different publisher, so it was probably easier to promote.

I can also imagine Jujutsu Kaisen Season 1 Part 2 is also among the 12 Days of Christmas line-up given the hold-up.

We know that Digimon Kizuna is also due for next year so that's probably another one to the list as well as Ascendance of a Bookworm Season 1 and the various films GKIDS have released (Deer King, Goodbye Don Glees, Inu-Oh).

For new licenses - my guesses are Burn the Witch, City Hunter Season 1, El-Hazard Wanderers, and Gundam 0080.

The problem with these listings is that they (at least for me) don’t appear to ship to UK addresses. Hopefully some of these newer sets will be part of the 12 Days of Christmas deal later this year.

My 12 days of anime predictions 😝

Gundam Related
Gundam Build Fighters
Gundam 0080
G Gundam
Victory Gundam

Non Gundam Related
Jujutsu Kaisen Part 2
El Hazard Wanderers
My-Otome + OVA
Love Live Superstar
Burn The Witch
Tower Of God
The God of Highschool
SK8 the Infinity

I'd also add, while not to my interest due to its whats not included, Kakegurui XX appearing then seems like a decent shout.

Last edited:
My 12 days of anime predictions 😝

Gundam Related
Gundam Build Fighters
Gundam 0080
G Gundam
Victory Gundam

Non Gundam Related
Jujutsu Kaisen Part 2
El Hazard Wanderers
My-Otome + OVA
Love Live Superstar
Burn The Witch
Tower Of God
The God of Highschool
SK8 the Infinity
Spoil sport O'clock (sorry) Tower of God & God of High School are literally 'Crunchyroll Originals' so I'd say there's 0% chance of any sub licence.
Crunchyfun also own Viz Europe so I'd say Burn The Witch is out unless they pass on it and SK8 & 86 are Funi big hitters so I'd say they're off but not 0% as they're not Shonen 🤷‍♂️

And we don't predict Gundam around here... the heartbreak is always to strong 💔

Spoil sport O'clock (sorry) Tower of God & God of High School are literally 'Crunchyroll Originals' so I'd say there's 0% chance of any sub licence.
Crunchyfun also own Viz Europe so I'd say Burn The Witch is out unless they pass on it and SK8 & 86 are Funi big hitters so I'd say they're off but not 0% as they're not Shonen 🤷‍♂️

I think Funi only had the streaming rights to Sk8 the Infinity as it is licensed by Aniplex of America and the blu ray was released by AoA.

I think Funi only had the streaming rights to Sk8 the Infinity as it is licensed by Aniplex of America and the blu ray was released by AoA.
True but AoA now also fall under the Sony/Crunchyfun umbrella.

Not sure how many licences they've dished out post buy out but don't think its many.

The final blu-ray volume of 86 was only released in April of 2022 in Japan.

It won't release in the US before January, possibly later. Also I'd be skeptical of them not releasing it themselves. 86 is a major title.

I would argue with titles like Tower of God, Jujutsu Kaisen, Iruma, Burn the Witch etc were given to different distributors prior to Funimation & Crunchyroll merging so in a sense Anime Limited would be able to get those same issues without issue.

On the topic of SK8 the Infinity & 86 - the former is Aniplex of America as someone mentioned so it can go to MVM & AL, while the latter is licensed by Crunchyroll so they'll be the ones distributing it.

I would argue with titles like Tower of God, Jujutsu Kaisen, Iruma, Burn the Witch etc were given to different distributors prior to Funimation & Crunchyroll merging so in a sense Anime Limited would be able to get those same issues without issue.

On the topic of SK8 the Infinity & 86 - the former is Aniplex of America as someone mentioned so it can go to MVM & AL, while the latter is licensed by Crunchyroll so they'll be the ones distributing it.
Very true, let's hope they got on the licenses very very early especially as with Crunchy having been beaten to the post with Demon Slayer & Jujutsu Kaisen I imagine they'll be quite aggressive going forward (I'd put money on them having licensed Chainsaw Man before the Anime was even announced 😂)
I'd also say its probably only a matter of time before AoA is folded into the Crunchy "family" as their high end off shoot or something.

Very true, let's hope they got on the licenses very very early especially as with Crunchy having been beaten to the post with Demon Slayer & Jujutsu Kaisen I imagine they'll be quite aggressive going forward (I'd put money on them having licensed Chainsaw Man before the Anime was even announced 😂)
I'd also say its probably only a matter of time before AoA is folded into the Crunchy "family" as their high end off shoot or something.
Personally I'm expecting the next one to be kidnapped by Sony to be Viz Media so they can then dominate the manga space and also own some of the biggest shonen IPs.

Personally I'm expecting the next one to be kidnapped by Sony to be Viz Media so they can then dominate the manga space and also own some of the biggest shonen IPs.
Yup, said the same thing a while ago on here and people thought I was crazy 😂
They're locking down all corners of the fandom: streaming, physical, cinema, merchandise and distribution the next logical step is the manga arena.

Yup, said the same thing a while ago on here and people thought I was crazy 😂
They're locking down all corners of the fandom: streaming, physical, cinema, merchandise and distribution the next logical step is the manga arena.
I suspect they're using KAZE manga to test the waters and see if the manga distribution works for them before kidnapping Viz US.

Back