UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

No one could have forseen the impromptu bank holiday and a lot of industry has shut down "out of respect" since last Thursday. So in fairness to AL it could be in hand ready to go but every service they rely on to get it into our hands isn't running.
This is what I'm leaning towards, it's definitely an unforseen period of time. But I will say would it really hurt to drop a tweet saying so? Just a quick 'obviously unexpected things happen, release will be a bit late shipping' 🤷‍♂️

Has Destiny officially been delayed yet?

I mean earlier today at 4pm they were bigging up an article about the series and their release!
If you had shadow delayed it and not told people who were expecting a shipping notification right about now that is slightly less than wise...
Earlier in the week I asked Hanners on Discord about three specific titles that were due for this month for an update:
  • Gundam SEED Destiny - On target for release (though I reckon it probably won't ship until the week it's due out)
  • Irresponsible Captain Tylor - On target for release (though I reckon it probably won't ship until the week it's due out)
  • Violet Evergarden the Movie - Will be pushed back (I reckon the end of October like the other retailers have done)
But I do agree they need to step it up on the communications part because people shouldn't have to join our AUKN Discord just to find out on a major Anime Limited update which sounds weird considering social media platforms are there for the purpose of providing updates to that kind of stuff.

Earlier in the week I asked Hanners on Discord about three specific titles that were due for this month for an update:
  • Gundam SEED Destiny - On target for release (though I reckon it probably won't ship until the week it's due out)
  • Irresponsible Captain Tylor - On target for release (though I reckon it probably won't ship until the week it's due out)
  • Violet Evergarden the Movie - Will be pushed back (I reckon the end of October like the other retailers have done)
But I do agree they need to step it up on the communications part because people shouldn't have to join our AUKN Discord just to find out on a major Anime Limited update which sounds weird considering social media platforms are there for the purpose of providing updates to that kind of stuff.
I'd rather see them use the social feeds to keep us informed over mentioning it's some daft like International Double Cheeseburger Day. And if that's not ideal for them, a mass email as they've long done works fine.

That's kinda my problem with AL at the moment, literally the updates you've just said about 3 upcoming titles could've been a tweet, FB post, Instagram post or whatever. It shouldn't take a random forum member (no offense 🙏) relaying product updates from another forum site for the word to get out 🤷‍♂️
They literally have thousands of followers on socials but instead post about blogs 6 times a day.
Which is fine, if that's what they wanna post then do, but I don't know about others but myself I follow their socials for updates on products.

Last edited:
Back