UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Well, I'm not actually looking for specific examples, it was more of a rhetorical question. Now, if I were to post that over in the blu-ray.com anime forum, people there (not to name any obvious names!) would make 12" long essay posts with 24 links to other sources proving that my rhetorical question was completely inaccurate and needed to be exposed for the ignorance it represents. 🙄

Is why I hang over in this forum way more, you guys rock, lol. 👏

Well, I'm not actually looking for specific examples, it was more of a rhetorical question. Now, if I were to post that over in the blu-ray.com anime forum, people there (not to name any obvious names!) would make 12" long essay posts with 24 links to other sources proving that my rhetorical question was completely inaccurate and needed to be exposed for the ignorance it represents. 🙄

Milhouse: But my mom perverted honorary forum uncle says I'm cool! :p

Additional note- the Japanese Blu-ray of Doan's Island is coming out end of November. Seemingly no word of an Import Edition on either side of the Atlantic though the disc has English subs.

This plus the fact that there are one or two brazen resellers/scalpers over there that have soured the experience over there. I don't like people nakedly bragging about buying tens of copies of anime that is going oop (and screwing over other fans) just to resell for profit.

Once that title shows up over on AOL, I'll have a nice six-CE pre-order to place with them.

Horimiya
Mushoku Tensei
Love Me Love Me Not
Summer Ghost
The Relative Worlds
Magic Knights Rayearth
Which Magic Knights Rayearth you going for as the recent one thats a Limited edition but has both set in one is just an artbox holding 2 standard edition case.
Were as the collector's edition/Parts (which has been out 2 years ish) set has your favoured media booklet (card fold out things that hold the disc). but obviously cost more due to having to buy 2 set rather than 1.

But I'm aware you tend to favour media booklets over standard blu-ray cases, so just though I would make sure you aware. But knowing you its also possible your double, triple or quadruple dipping.

Which Magic Knights Rayearth you going for as the recent one thats a Limited edition but has both set in one is just an artbox holding 2 standard edition case.
Were as the collector's edition/Parts (which has been out 2 years ish) set has your favoured media booklet (card fold out things that hold the disc). but obviously cost more due to having to buy 2 set rather than 1.

But I'm aware you tend to favour media booklets over standard blu-ray cases, so just though I would make sure you aware. But knowing you its also possible your double, triple or quadruple dipping.

Well, I certainly would prefer the digipaks in the original parts sets, but are those still even available anywhere anymore? I was just going to pre-order the upcoming complete set for convenience, but yeah, I wish AL would dedicate themselves to having digipaks in more of their CEs, seems we're seeing less digipak releases than what they used to offer. Only Summer Ghost out of those AL CE releases has a digipak, and MVM don't do digipaks in their LE sets. :(

Oh - the parts sets are still available from AL themselves, just not from AOL - I would have to wait and order all the AL CE Sets during their Christmas sale, so I'd get free international shipping, then. I'll just pre-order the MVM titles from AOL now, I guess.

Last edited:
Now, if I were to post that over in the blu-ray.com anime forum, people there (not to name any obvious names!) would make 12" long essay posts with 24 links to other sources proving that my rhetorical question was completely inaccurate and needed to be exposed for the ignorance it represents.
Don't these people have anime watchlists to clear?! I envy the time they have on their hands...

Ok, so Crunchyroll is releasing an LE box set for Mushoku Tensei here in the US, so I will probably get that one for Region A instead of the MVM set. So then I definitely want to splurge for the two parts sets for Magic Knight Rayearth during the AL Christmas Sale - hopefully they will still be in stock by then. Put a pair of them back for me, guys! 😁

Oh - the parts sets are still available from AL themselves, just not from AOL - I would have to wait and order all the AL CE Sets during their Christmas sale, so I'd get free international shipping, then. I'll just pre-order the MVM titles from AOL now, I guess.
I've got them both with in stock for the CE's part sets:
Anime limited/ All the anime: part 1 & part 2 (but yeah the part sets have been in the sale before, I think Christmas and the summer one)
Anime on line/ MVM: Part 1 & part 2

Ok, so Crunchyroll is releasing an LE box set for Mushoku Tensei here in the US, so I will probably get that one for Region A instead of the MVM set. So then I definitely want to splurge for the two parts sets for Magic Knight Rayearth during the AL Christmas Sale - hopefully they will still be in stock by then. Put a pair of them back for me, guys! 😁
Mushoku Tensei isn't a MVM title, it's crunchy all over

I just worded that poorly - what I was saying was I will probably get the US set rather than ordering the one from MVM's web site - not that it was an actual MVM title. But, I could change my mind on that, as I just saw the artwork for the US LE box, and I don't care for it that much.

Last edited:
Well, I certainly would prefer the digipaks in the original parts sets, but are those still even available anywhere anymore? I was just going to pre-order the upcoming complete set for convenience, but yeah, I wish AL would dedicate themselves to having digipaks in more of their CEs, seems we're seeing less digipak releases than what they used to offer. Only Summer Ghost out of those AL CE releases has a digipak, and MVM don't do digipaks in their LE sets. :(

Part sets are still available! Magic Knight Rayearth

Now I am getting worried about the gundam seed destiny release as this is the last working day and I've had no email yet. Then again it is just the middle of the day so probably not posted yet. If it's anything like where I work then they won't leave tell 5:00pm

Technically, Gundam Seed Destiny is already delayed now because even if AL were to post copies out today, it wouldn't arrive until Tuesday at the earliest because of the bank holiday.

Back